2304 replies to this topic

#2296 rayhne

rayhne

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted Today, 03:11 PM

I fixed A boo-boo I made, and while I was doing it, I thought I might share so you can do-it-yourself!!

Or at least have an idea what your looking for when creating/checking you own mods LL. (Check your BASH Patches ZOMG!!!!)

This video is a bit more complex but straight forward. If you have questions ask so I can make better instructional vids.

(Oh if I do something wrong please um correct me I'd like the vids to be factual but they are only based off my own personal experience.)

Do you recommend making a bashed patch?

A couple interesting mods:

Immersive Market Stores: http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/21289/?

Crimsonriders Convenient Resources: http://www.nexusmods...t4/mods/20827/?

Edited by rayhne, Today, 03:17 PM.

#2297 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted Today, 03:27 PM

Just a little note;  wasn't a huge fan of how the vanilla game OR Loot Overhaul handles animal loot, so in my old setup I changed around some levelled lists for animals.  

Loved the Hunterborn mod for Skyrim, as well as its interaction with survival mods...  FLO removes meat drops from bugs and molerats and stuff (uses the vanilla mechanic of wasteland survival guide perk that allows extra meat to instead be the only way to get meat from these creatures).  With this, early game is really quite tense and just keeping hunger in check can be challenging...  Somewhat worthwhile gameplay-wise, but if I'm starving and trying to survive, I'll eat a damn molerat and don't need a magazine to 'teach' me how...

So I allowed meat drops from those creatures, with a lowered chance.  I figure if you're shooting/slashing up these things, theres a good chance you'll destroy them as edible materials a decent amount of the time, but you should be able to get a good steak out of them every now and then.  Then I went around to the larger animals and increased the meat they drop, as well as increasing the extra meat from the perk.  So like on a Brahmin you could get 1-3/5 I think I had it without the perk, and with perk up to 7/8.  Again, it's debatable how good this is as a 'hardcore' mechanic but it just breaks my sense of realism when you kill a brahmin and can cook like one steak from it, and you might have to eat like 5 steaks to go from very hungry to full.  It does give hunting a sense of purpose in the game where that isn't really a thing otherwise.

I will be doing that same adjustment again... really wish I had kept my old 'CR' patch from before I nuked my install... happy to provide it if anyone's interested.  Its a quick and easy adjustment to make, but I'm still in the middle of sorting out exactly what I want to do *with my install* so it might take a day or two to make.

Edited by baronaatista, Today, 03:31 PM.

#2298 rayhne

rayhne

Jarl

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted Today, 03:45 PM

Thanks for the suggestion of Photorealistic Lite. Popped right back up to 60 FPS. The colors don't pop out as well but oh well.

According to the original NARC, Enhanced Lights is incompatible with it?

Edited by rayhne, Today, 03:57 PM.

#2299 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted Today, 04:53 PM

I'm getting a before-main-menu-CTD with the new realism patch. This would usually mean that a master is missing or a plugin is loaded after it's master, which isn't the case. Loads fine it xEdit. Any ideas.

Everything works without the patch.

#2300 Gernash

Gernash

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • 1,145 posts

Posted Today, 05:47 PM

I'm getting a before-main-menu-CTD with the new realism patch. This would usually mean that a master is missing or a plugin is loaded after it's master, which isn't the case. Loads fine it xEdit. Any ideas.

Everything works without the patch.

Yes, The realism patch has an issue. I will upload a newer version later today. 

I did "just one more thing" before uploading and have broken it. It's some sort of keyword/co_{object} issue. Very difficult to locate.  

esp order

Lots in there, It will be only 5-6 esp once i've settled on play style.

@rayhne

Colors don't pop.. hmm try this https://www.dropbox....g-patch.7z?dl=0

It's the start of me fiddling with the lighting rather then relying on overwrites.

@baronaatista

I agree "hunting" or "farming" for food and them making it something that annoys me. IF the patch was not broke The way cooking/chem 101 does the traits is something I'd like to expand on.

the loot drop is Horizons > LO 

Container Loot is LO>Horizons for Locked LL with Horizons for content.

I've only had minimal twiddling in there

Yes there is more in there than you have I'm fiddling with stuff

#2301 rayhne

rayhne

Jarl

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted Today, 06:16 PM

I had removed Enhanced Lighting because I thought it might conflict with NARC but I'll pop it back in and give this a try.

I just noticed with Photorealistic that the colors were bolder and brighter.

#2302 Gernash

Gernash

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • 1,145 posts

Posted Today, 06:23 PM

I'd Have to load the other ENB to check but trying to quickly unbork this patch.  

I may have Damaged the ESP through NPC changes. I may have to remake it...zzzzz

#2303 rayhne

rayhne

Jarl

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted Today, 08:33 PM

Installed the lighting patch, not seeing much of a difference it am still in Sanctuary.

::waiting for cat to get in reach so I can shove pill down her throat::

#2304 rayhne

rayhne

Jarl

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted Today, 09:51 PM

How dangerous is it to remove an esp? Just realized I started planning with one I was going to remove.

#2305 Gernash

Gernash

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 42 minutes ago

How dangerous is it to remove an esp? Just realized I started planning with one I was going to remove.

FO4 is very robust 

Saying that settlement mods and workshop menus are brittle just remove and see (Exit save game with ~ then qqq) if you are testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users