wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

I'm assuming that this guide is similar to the main Skyrim guide in that the aim is not to *change* the game, per se, but to create a better vanilla-ish experience.  That, in turn, serves as a good base for each player to build the custom experience they want.  That said, I think you can simplify the core list by removing a few mods that I, IMHO, don't think really fit that description:

It was this bit I was referring to.  Not trying to be a jerk, I've just noticed there is a lot of confusion in regard to STEP and the guides hosted here in the broader community.  I can remember specifically seeing - one of the mods in the guide, can't remember which - with a link and some text saying 'Now included in the STEP for Fallout 4 guide' or something to the effect.

HD Project Revised is a master to the latest worldspace patch. Is this on purpose?

Edit: Another thing. With the realism mods, I'm guessing Horizon, the sorting doesn't work with a lot of stuff. Are you planning to fix the sorting of the realism/Horizon stuff or should we just remove Valdacil's Item Sorting for Horizon, since it claims to have it's own sorting?

Edited by dreadflopp

A third thing. In Horizon, most water you get is dirty water. Horizon introduces sanitized water which still gives you radiation but is clean from illness. It is crafted with:

Antiseptic (1)

Wood (10)

Dirty Water (8)

Cloth (1 )

Clean bottle (4)

To create purified water you need a water filter, 9 bottles of dirty water and 3 clean bottles. Your realism patch changes that to:

Dirty water (3)

Cloth(1)

Antiseptic(1)

This means purified water is much easier to craft than sanitized water.

Maybe 101cooking and 101chemistry should be removed in favor of Horizon? I fear they may unbalance stuff from Horizon. Imo Horizon adds enough stuff.

@ dreadflopp

I have to play the "realism" section with a new toon to get a feel for the game play, I'll add a note about the water. 

(I noticed the water changes in regards to loot overhaul) 

There are several things that have to be investigated

• food consumption and rads
  • Water consumption and production
  • Base weapon damage
  • Weapon Mod association
  • Considering adding LM2 in realism mode with some effects removed.(very high requirements)
  • Removing/Restricting Armorsmith
  • Adding crafting/perk cost to armors and weapons and mods (the ones that are missing.)

Basically this section has to be approached in a different manor because the CORE is a little free for all.

HD Project Revised is a master to the latest worldspace patch. Is this on purpose?

Edit: Another thing. With the realism mods, I'm guessing Horizon, the sorting doesn't work with a lot of stuff. Are you planning to fix the sorting of the realism/Horizon stuff or should we just remove Valdacil's Item Sorting for Horizon, since it claims to have it's own sorting?

The Modwiki-Realism-Patch resets it all back to the CORE default sorting method.

HD Project Revised and Gunners will be removedish later

MODWiki-Worldspace-Patch v5.1.0-17371-5.1.0

Uploaded

There are 2 flavors 

MODWiki-Worldspace-Patch v5.1.0-17371-5.1.0 has the No preVis flag removed and a Regeneration of all the visability of the Altered Zones included

MODWiki-Worldspace-NoPreVis-Patch v5.1.0-17371-5.1.0 has the No preVis flag included and No VIS files it it just the navmesh and items. SO it will work with the instructions on the BTI site in regards to preculling etc.

I have "removed" the requirement for HD Project Revised and Gunners BUT!!!   The additional items placement etc will still persist in game 

Hopefully this will Satisfy all the people who Buy into my concept and those that don't.

Altered zones 

unknown.png

Using

-bUsePreculledObjects=0

-bUseCombinedObjects=1

I've noticed a lot of the z-fighting (I think it's actually an issue with Occlusion Nif files and bUseCombinedObjects=1 as it allows both textures to function simultaneously) Has vanished, The odd AA issue still persists but I think that is more to do with how the creation engine works.

After I update the wiki, I'll be spending some time on Texture overhaul now, as I consider this section Complete. And adding Worldspace mods is quite painless (time consuming though) - I'll create a video as to how to do this and add some resource files. (i.e. my dirty patch versions)

Hoping there will be no lasting problem removing those two from current game.

this is not Skyrim. you can bash FO4 with a hammer

Settlement mods are the only exception

And I haven't removed them from the CORE just the Worldspace Patch

Edited by Gernash

MODWiki-Worldspace-ScrapEverything-Patch

Uploaded

This is a MODWiki-Worldspace-Patch replacer if you are using ScrapEverything.

(Now you can scrap everything including your save game!

MODWiki-Worldspace-SpringCleaning-Patch

(Less intense patch leaves everything in place.)

EDIT: I did not add Nukaworld and Farharbor if you need it please tell me I'll add it in.

Edited by Gernash

NOTE: With the Scrap patches in conjunction with bUseCombinedObjects=1 you will get a Micro Load wheel when entering a new cell. this should only be for the 1st time entering that cell as long as you use the.

Med Setting

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0

iTextureDegradeDistance0=1600

iTextureDegradeDistance1=3000

iTextureUpgradeDistance0=1200

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=2400

High Setting

bForceUpdateDiffuseOnly=0

iTextureDegradeDistance0=5000

iTextureDegradeDistance1=7500

iTextureUpgradeDistance0=5000

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=7500

MODWiki-Worldspace-Patch v5.1.0-17371-5.1.0 has the No preVis flag removed and a Regeneration of all the visability of the Altered Zones included

MODWiki-Worldspace-NoPreVis-Patch v5.1.0-17371-5.1.0 has the No preVis flag included and No VIS files it it just the navmesh and items. SO it will work with the instructions on the BTI site in regards to preculling etc.

I don't entirely understand what all this means, can you clarify what the reasons are for using one over the other?

I Have a dream!!!! and it uses Visibility files that it generates making a large Patch It allows you to see New objects placed in game 3 cells away (as my computer does not have enough Ram. Later I'll make 9 cell version)

this patch uses/requires

bUseCombinedObjects=1

bUsePreCulledObjects=0

If you don't like my big patch you use the noprevis version

this patch uses/requires

bUseCombinedObjects=0

bUsePreCulledObjects=1

They both have the same NAVMESH

I recommend My large patch as it makes stuff nicer less flicker and texture pop. (try and you will see.)

I'm going through textures now and working out what's causing shimmer etc (VERY slow process)

Edited by Gernash