wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Play, so I didn't really think DECAY was the problem but I didn't like it so removed it anyway. I unchecked Enhanced Lighting and FPS went up a bit but not nearly enough. Any suggestions on what could be causing this problem?

Also I have a question .... in the ini, is this a reasonable setup?

bBorderless=1

bFull Screen=1

bMaximizeWindow=0

bTopMostWindow=0

Remember this? Well, the reason I do this is because if I put bFullScreen at 0 the screen is huge.

I did a rebuild and am testing it but my character is walking jerky with stop/lags. Does anyone know how to correct that?

rayhne, on 26 Jun 2017 - 9:48 PM, said:snapback.png

Play, so I didn't really think DECAY was the problem but I didn't like it so removed it anyway. I unchecked Enhanced Lighting and FPS went up a bit but not nearly enough. Any suggestions on what could be causing this problem?

Also I have a question .... in the ini, is this a reasonable setup?

bBorderless=1

bFull Screen=1

bMaximizeWindow=0

bTopMostWindow=0

Remember this? Well, the reason I do this is because if I put bFullScreen at 0 the screen is huge.

One of these days I'm going to pay attention to what I'm doing and make notes on how I fixed this ... :P

Are all of these related to each other?

As for the walking jerky with stop/lags this fixed it for me. Note the I have a GSYNC monitor. If you have an Nvidia based system use nvidia Inspectors profile inspector to set the following:

• Frame rate limiter = 60Fps or 62.8 if your monitor has a high refresh rate.
  • GSYNC-ApplicationMode = off, if you have a GSYNC monitor.
  • GSYNC- Application State = Fixed Refresh Rate. This is the same setting as "Monitor technology" in the NVidia control panel.
  • Vertical Sync should be set to "Use the games 3D application setting" in control panel also.
    • Make sure that Vsync is set to on, iPresentInterval=1, in the game ini files only and not in the enblocal.ini file.

In the case for these type of games you want to be at 60fps and not have the video technology trying to adjust for the frame rate for you.

I hope this helps some.

My close up graphics look low quality. Anyone know any settings to make them look better?

When I start the game they look fine, but as I move around the newly loaded textures start loading low quality. This is most noticeable on the Sanctuary bridge. I even tried a new bridge texture and it did the same thing.

Sounds like texture pop-in?  I imagine if you give it a couple seconds/minute the full resolution textures do appear?

I used this ini tweak when I first noticed it (when I was first playing) and it worked well.  Tried it again on my newer install and it did nothing, but I'm pretty sure that's because I didn't set the ini correctly (used the ini editor in MO2... can't remember if it works or not... too many mods on too many games).

I'm watching the forums. If there is a major issue I'll get onto it. 

When the Wiki gets updated to the new version I'll spend some time and redo/add to the in-progress areas.

Okay cool beans bro! Didn't know a major update was in the works! I only ask because I am doing a fresh install and there has been some updates. Also I know how finnicky the patches are 

• 2 weeks later...

man i don't know if it's just me but I'm having to go into fo4edit and add the "No PreVis" flag to damn near every cell the worldspace patch touches for the placed terrain objects (trees, rocks, etc) to show up properly.

i do have busepreculledobjects and busecombinedobjects set to 0 as the wiki section says it all needs to be and i don't have any other worldspace mods loading after the modwiki worldspace patch.