wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Any idea on when an updated version will be up? Am doing a rebuild ... again

I second that question.

It's that time of the year, when all the nasty thoughts about using STEP for all Bethesda's major titles are rushing through me.

So, Gernash, if you can, tell us some rough estimate.

I usually install it in C:\Steam and this seems to be a sensible place for it since GOG games are also installed in C:\GOG Games. I personally dislike having executables in the Documents folder since I prefer to use this exclusively for documents. Part of this is because I keep the Documents folder indexed for easy searching and Steam doesn't need to be indexed.

Where do folks recommend installing Steam? I know not to install under ProgramFiles and I usually install it under my Documents folder.

I always partition my hard drives for different games. I have a 300 gb partition for skyrim and modding stuff, a 300 gb partition for fallout 4 and modding stuff...but steam is just a C: install. You just use the steam loader settings to create a steamlibrary in your partitioned spaces so you can take advantage of isolated space

Which ones? I'm actually only using hos step 0 and 1 right now.

I am trying a full install of his guide. just to see watsup. Gernash has most of it in his guide also but homie has been busy with life and a lot of updates have happened. so until he hops back on the horse or finds a co-admin for the guide I am gonna **** around elsewhere

Were you there for the great MO2 mash-down? I swear, he was two posts away from banning me. :/

lol between you and BiRaitBec? lol the guy is talented but some people like to suck NMM's dick off and refuse to switch to the far superior MO. I cannot count how many arguments I have gotten into over the last 3+ years over how MO is the superior mod manager. Bro I used to get so fired up. I felt betrayed when Tannin left his baby and when over to the dark side. Then I realized that wherever his talents go, a superior product will be produced. 

lol between you and BiRaitBec? lol the guy is talented but some people like to suck NMM's dick off and refuse to switch to the far superior MO. I cannot count how many arguments I have gotten into over the last 3+ years over how MO is the superior mod manager. Bro I used to get so fired up. I felt betrayed when Tannin left his baby and when over to the dark side. Then I realized that wherever his talents go, a superior product will be produced. 

I don't have a problem with folks who use NNM; it was just that he was telling people to essentially use MO2 the same way you use NMM. I spent way to much time screaming 'but that isn't how MO2 works!' and 'that;s not how you use it!'. I felt sorry for the poor people trying to follow those instructions. I don;t know if he never used it and just assume that it worked the same as NMM or if he was just using t wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I did try his guide, and tried Nexus mod manager for a first since the release of fallout 4, it was frustrating experience, since the knowledge of Mo2 and Nexus was clashing. Anyone who says that you can use those mod managers the same way leads me to think you have not tried using both, or do not understand how either of them works. I am back to Mo2 now. Nexus is fine, but I rather take the bugs in Mo2 than the frustration that comes with Nexus. 

Side note, what is the difference between 2.0.7 and 2.0.8 Mo2? Worth switching?