wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Been away from Fallout for a while, but I'm always keeping an eye on things...

Have you seen

Knockout Framework + Non Lethal Armory

Also, brand new but by two top modders;

Extended Dialogue Interface has more features and flexibility than FDI, looks like a solid replacement to me.

Always thought Beast Master looked cool.

Edited by baronaatista

XDI looks interesting Start Me Up has taken it up 

So is MCM the direction of the ingame menu? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21497/? 

Personally I'm a sneaker/shooter I don't play melee/brawler or a Pet trainer. In saying that

Knockout framework looks nice as does Beast master and it's a shame I'd never really use either of those mods but I can see the appeal ingame. It would just enhance the over all experience.

Yeah I expect more and more mods to use the MCM... I know Gopher will be converting his mods to it, probably quite soon if he hasn't already.  

Judging by some of the mods that have been popping up recently it looks like F4SE finally has some of the more advanced functionality we've seen in games like Skyrim and FNV, and I'm hopeful that we'll see a little resurgence over the next couple months.

I too am not sure I'd ever really use KO Framework or Beast Master in a playthrough, but they're the type of mods I like to include in my builds as they do open up new possibilities for gameplay.

I don't know if MCM is the FO4 SkyUI, if it is then I need to align Mods to suit as they come out. As there are others that follow projects and may know if this it or if there is something else in the wind.

Adoption is the key from other moders

As an example Armorsmith Extended is a "CORE" mod not heavily adopted -I've tried to patch it in more seamlessly to the MOWIKI with better defined categories and naming hierarchy with armor and weapons to follow a similar structure. PA is handled via ZF4 and I make 

(What I'm indicating is that some mods do not list AE as a pre-requisite) 

@baronaatista

I remember when MCM 1st came out as a place holder (Holotape addon) so I wasn't sure if it was the SkyUI. I'll convert over to it and Adjust the 2-3 mods that support it and see how it pans out

No, don't get it twisted - this is not SkyUI.  Doesn't replace VIS or DefUI or anything like that, it's just the MCM component, and at least as far as I know there is no effort to create a 'SkyUI' equivalent for F04.  It's not from the same team - there is absolutely no affiliation/relationship with SkyUI *afaik*.  Simply a menu that shows up and functions like 'settings' for mods.  

It is currently early days and I don't think there are a ton of mods that require / use MCM, I just do imagine that as things move forward it will become more important.

Edited by baronaatista

If you haven't noticed....

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR) by Gambit77 and Valdacil 

Seem to have a dodgy asset in their packed version ZOMG!!! CTD in Workshop menu. requires loose version to be merged and both BA2's hidden

MCM - looks nice

I can only get it to function-ish I need to have it installed outside of MO2 then I can see the mods that use it as a dependency but I loose MCM Settings and Hotkeys.

Anyone played with it as yet?

Edited by Gernash

MCM - looks nice

I can only get it to function-ish I need to have it installed outside of MO2 then I can see the mods that use it as a dependency but I loose MCM Settings and Hotkeys.

Anyone played with it as yet?

The second sticky on the mod page gives some detailed installation instructions for MO2.  I haven't gotten it working yet but I think I didn't read the instructions closely enough and haven't tried fixing it yet.

When I do begin a game I was planning on playing Survival mode.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I thought I'd add Canteens of the Commonwealth, Campsite, Unlimited Surivival Mode, and Survival Options (yes, I realize there is some overlap between the two but each also offers something unique that seems necessary).  Again, anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks.

@Gernash - couple other ones I saw recently that I forgot to mention (sorry I'm not more knowledgeable about specifics, like I said I've been away from Fallout, just keeping an eye on the nexus when I can);

Amazing Follower Tweaks - by Dheuster, same author as the Skyrim AFT, this thing looks crazy.  So many features... really insane.  Too much for my 'realism / lore-friendly' build, but wow...

HUD Plus Plus - by Kassent, haven't honestly looked into this much, but it looks similar to moreHUD for Skyrim - a mod I never thought I'd want but can't imagine playing without now.  The text in the screenshots does not look very good, not sure if that's due to a DefUI setting or maybe a font replacer the author is using, or if that's the mod...  *or if that's me being used to seeing all the text much smaller, as that's how I set up my DefUI...

Edited by baronaatista

The second sticky on the mod page gives some detailed installation instructions for MO2.  I haven't gotten it working yet but I think I didn't read the instructions closely enough and haven't tried fixing it yet.

I went to their DISCORD and Neanka pointed that out as well.  I have the MCM showing but only ADDON menus appear not the default MCM ones.

I'll fiddled some more but i might wait a few more iterations