wip-fallout-4-using-modorganizer-2

Just want to say I appreciate you putting the work into this guide. I was really dreading trying to figure everything out on my own and remember what mods to use or not. One mod that I don't find on the list that I consider essential for my next playthrough is one of the Minutemen Overhaul mod. I'm not advocating it should be added as it's not something that will be used in every playthrough. But as someone who is doing that, it really is needed. With that being said, I'm curious which of the mod you would use, Minutemen 2.0 or We are the Minutemen, and where you would put them in the mod order. 

We are the Minutemen seems to be an addition of a few models and textures with item level lists

Minutemen 2.0 is a lot more in depth and has many models item lists and additional NPC interaction features.

I'd go with the 2.0 version.

(I just installed both and they don't overwrite any files from each other (models are unique)

The 2.0's leveled lists are a little bit lower than the other one.

no mods really conflict I'd just have it above your VIS sorting mods.)

Edited by Gernash

Something that I think should be added to the guide is your own system specs plus how well the game runs on your own rig. That gives someone who's looking at it a baseline of what to expect and if they should look at the performance options. 

Edit: I see that you edit the .ini prior to installing MO2 and I'm curious why? I'm not familiar with MO2 at all, but I would think it be wiser to do it the same way as with MO and that be doing the .ini edits for a profile. Skipped to the end of the guide and saw that it doesn't work so nevermind on that. 

Edited by Aeradom

MO2 currently does not do anything with ini files it reads and uses the default ones in the My document folders.

I run

windows 10 64x Pro

i7 860(2.80Ghz

16Gb ram

240Gb ssd

500gb normal Hdd

1tb usb hdd

Nvidia GTX 580 (equive speed nvidia 960)

I get 38FPS with all mods.

You loose 10FPS from enbboost (SHIFT+12) to turn off

If you experience major stutter and lag then it's the BA2 vs Loose file issue

(I'm trying to find someone to help make a simple(yet complicated) batch file to resolve this....)

IF you want to play 60FPS then you have to see if you accually do that i.e. start the game with no mods just enb then disable it ingame have a look around.... so you get 60FPS solid?

If so then grats you have a GTX980 or above No mod will stop you(just the laggy cough when loading textures).

If not then texture mods shouldn't really affect you in game that much(other then loading them into memory and that is to do with loose files, the speed of your HDD and the memory your video card has)

IF you want a Low res setup choos the 512k options when you download stuff, (but it will still cough and have slow texture loading (i.e run up to sancuary bridge and look down the timber take 3-10sec to load)

As far as I know nothing you or I can do to resolve this, It's a thing.

Edited by Gernash

The reason for the c:\ModOrganizer and c:\modOrganiserData is so people following the guide have a "Basic" setup in the Guide it says you can use P:\Potato it does not matter where you put it.

But not in and Microsoft secure areas i.e. c:\program c:\program filesx86 c:\users etc etc as it causes issues with the virtual file system

I wouldn't stick the mod data in the FO4/Data folder as the virtual file system attaches itself to it and it could glitch (my paranoia) It does not affect the speed in any way of mod load time.(speed is affected by Loose files)

Edited by Gernash

The reason for the c:\ModOrganizer and c:\modOrganiserData is so people following the guide have a "Basic" setup in the Guide it says you can use P:\Potato it does not matter where you put it.

But not in and Microsoft secure areas i.e. c:\program c:\program filesx86 c:\users etc etc as it causes issues with the virtual file system

I wouldn't stick the mod data in the FO4/Data folder as the virtual file system attaches itself to it and it could glitch (my paranoia) It does not affect the speed in any way of mod load time.(speed is affected by Loose files)

I usually put all those utilities into the main FO4 folder anyways, just because I like things neat and tidy. It was more of me being curious if the MOdata had to be in the same location as the MO file, or that sort of thing. As far as GPU goes, I'm running a GTX970 so probably won't achieve my dream of 60 FPS until I upgrade at the end of the year... oh well back I'll wait and see how it goes, but if the frames flucuate too much I think I may just lock it at 30 and hang with the console plebs. 

And for anyone reading is forum/post

the BA2/loose file issue

most people refer to it as a "MIB" entity a thing that explains all is and it's a "glitch" or something. To Me is a few things.

The issues (as I see it)

Issue 1

the Default texture BA2 in the FO4/Data are not "OPIMIZED"

Issue 2

loose files loose have load priority over BA2

I use MO2 so I can have profiles when people ask about load order or mods then I can flick into it and load a mod and "SEE" real-time  the affect.

MY "PLAYING" profile is different as it requires alot of "thinking" to setup and is not for no tech savvy users.

Issue 1 can be resolved by extracting all BA2 in your mods then copying all your mods in the load order into a new folder then compressing the Textures in a BA2 optimized format and all the others in a general BA2 format. (This makes a massive difference to texture and save game load times.)

Issue 2 (I have not tested as yet) BUT basically decompress all the BA2 in the FO4/data then Compress the Textures in a BA2 optimized format and all the others in a general BA2 format.

In the S.T.E.P guide they clean then esm files and have them as Mods in the load order I'm still dreaming up a Way to do that with the vanalla texture packs with this https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/? as the main base included with it. It's defiantly requiring "Maximum effort" to simplify to a guide form.

Edited by Gernash

Two things: 

1) Have you checked out ENB Organizer? It's a lot simpler to use than the manager listed, I do believe that SRLE has already switched over to it. 

2) I'm wondering if I installed the dividers correctly because they show up on the mod list pane. I've never used MO to sort mods in this manner so I'm just curious is this is normal. 

As to your last post, I'll be honest it's a bit over my head. But I remember these sorts of mods when the game first launched the reduced the size of the texture files. Is this doing something similar? 

Edited by Aeradom

1. the one in the guide is the one I have been using for ages with skyrim, ENB Organizer Looks very spiffy many many buttons. I'll give it a whirl and get back to you, seems to exactly the same stuff in a more modern interface of sexyness.

2. in the 1st post (I keep updating it to be current. Is pics of interfaces and they have the the grey dividers shown there, it's just some people like to see things jsut so you could just sort them by catogories  then go into the conflicts tab and hide the offending overwrite (That is how the Mod Auther TanninOne want's it done) But this is more S.T.E.P layed out so the overwrites do not matter.

If you enable the dividers then you can go to the left tab and choose checked in the catogories section then all your active mods will appear in a nice sorted order as per the Wiki, YEAY!

BTW this is set up ij profiles mode As I said in the above post, you can make a wiki profile and a MY testing profile etc or what ever you like (mod order can be copied from one profile to the other it's the modlist.txt just copy it over after you have clicked the backup mod list button

post #56 was me rambling after little sleep the base files reduce from 32.2Gb to 15Gb most at 512x512. (it's for performance) the MO2 mod data can be done the same way to get Faster texture load time.

Personally I use a 1920x1200 screen so under 2k textures look washed out (If I get close enough for them to fill a screen)

Edited by Gernash

BTW this is set up ij profiles mode As I said in the above post, you can make a wiki profile and a MY testing profile etc or what ever you like (mod order can be copied from one profile to the other it's the modlist.txt just copy it over after you have clicked the backup mod list button

post #56 was me rambling after little sleep the base files reduce from 32.2Gb to 15Gb most at 512x512. (it's for performance) the MO2 mod data can be done the same way to get Faster texture load time.

Personally I use a 1920x1200 screen so under 2k textures look washed out (If I get close enough for them to fill a screen)

That first part might as well been french to me, well maybe not that bad. I'm just not quite sure what ij is, or why I'd make a wiki profile and my testing profile lol

At any rate, what I wondering if this is related to what you were talking about: Optimized Vanilla Texture

ENB Organizer Bugger dosent do ENB 307 in the config tab.......

And no I didn't think so, it doesn't do it in regular mod organizer either. I do believe the author recommends running it outside of MO for Skyrim if I'm not mistaken.

As for the rest, are you doing it from the archive or folder?  

Edit: Oh! I was reading over the UFO posts, I think you should just the first sticky, specifically #4. 

Edited by Aeradom

ij = in you don't speak tired?

the profiles the credit card icon up the top of MO2 opens a box you can add a profile. The reason you do this is say you want to check out a mod you can create a new profile and enable it there is all goes to S..T you can switch back from the drop down box that says profile above you mod load order.

this just lets you have different mod running on the same game i.e. Adult mods + Wife = You're gonna have a bad time......

so e.g. profiles

Profile 1 :- Main Working Set

Profile 2 :- Gernash's Awesome Wiki of Awesomeness

Profile 3 :- Adult Mods

Profile 4 :- Mod testing

So when you muck around you don't mess up Profile 1 (The whole point of ModOrganizer IMO well other than not damaging your install folder)

Texture shrinking for low end PC's

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/978/?

is the one I was looking at

(I'm Never doing to use lower textures, this is for Guide info)