Wrye Bash won't install as an executable in Mod Organizer

Gruntmaster2000

Question

I tried this previously when Skyrim was on a HD.

Now I have done a fresh reinstall onto a SSD, and am getting the same frustrating result.

System: Windows 10.

Skyrim path is H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Mod Organizer path is H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mod Organizer\ModOrganizer.exe

Wrye Bash path is H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe

I have successfully installed TES5Edit, SKSE and the full LOOT in Mod Organizer (on multiple installs now) with no problem.

Wrye Bash.exe was installed using the installer from Nexus....the one titled "Wrye Bash 306 - Installer"

When I click on the configure executables button, I put Wrye Bash in the title field

After navigation, the binary field says H:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Mopy\Wrye Bash.exe

Close MO when started is un-checked.

I click on the Add button and then the Close button.

When I go to the Executables pull-down menu, the only options I see are:

<Edit...>

SKSE

Skyrim

Skyrim Launcher

LOOT

TES5Edit

Wyre Bash is not listed in the executables.

I can run it in Mod Organizer if I drag and drop it onto the Mod Organizer - Skyrim shortcut, but that's not really what I want, is it?

If anyone can give me some guidance as to what I'm doing wrong, I would appreciate it.

Thank you.

5 answers to this question

Thank you for your help.

I have restarted MO and the computer multiple times. I have watched videos on how to do this (admittedly fairly simple) task. That is what is so perplexing.

I uninstalled WryeBash and installed 307beta1. Same result. The installer for the beta is much better though. It locates your game folders and has check boxes as to which ones you want to install it to.

I guess I'll try an older version of WryeBash.

If that doesn't work, I'll try putting Mod Organizer in Skyrim SE and see if it works there.

Edited by Gruntmaster2000

Wrye Bash 3.05 did not work either.

Installing it as admin (it appears it does that anyway, judging by the icon) did not help either.

Going back to 3.07 beta 1. At least it will be installed, I guess.

Have 3.07 beta 1 installed. Changed it to run as admin. Same result.

Ran Mod Organizer as an admin. Same result.

Could it be a Python problem or something? I didn't think so, as I was installing the non-Python version. I tried to download the recommended one, but it said that I already had newer installed, which I figured might be a Win 10 thing.

Should I try the Python version, or would that automatically not work in Mod Organizer anyway?

Edited by Gruntmaster2000

You may have a corrupt ModOrganizer.ini.

I do not know how far along you are in using MO, but you can shut down MO and go into the MO directory and rename ModOrganizer.ini to something else. Caution this will reset MO to a first run condition. If adding wrye does not work you can always restore the old file.

I would also make sure that your Anti virus / Maleware software is not getting in the way.