• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 theriddick

theriddick

Prisoner

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

I suspect he always doesn't have any money either otherwise he probably would have went out and bought a new box.  I could be wrong, however if you don't have time AND money then these sort of projects become impossible to do...

Edited by theriddick, 31 March 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#32 FrostByghte

FrostByghte

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

I am an I.T. Manager and my friends are all I.T. techs.  We probably have some old stuff laying around that could be used.  Maybe we could all pool our resources and buff up LePresidente's system. ;) 

#33 LePresidente

LePresidente

Citizen

• Mod Authors
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:38 AM

Lol, my amd phenom X6 is fine for now just showing its age, will probably upgrade later this year. Where i stay stuffs expensive lol.

I seriously just have lack of time to put the required effort that MO2 needs to be honest. My focus has solely been on modorganizer-umbrella to smooth the build process for other devs aswell. and building QT5 from source is just painful lol.

Maybe one day when i master this usvfs code :P people will pay me to keep this ship sailing, till then i seriously don't have the coding skills to do so. Or at the moment the time to focus on it.

#34 FuzzyDuck

FuzzyDuck

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

Hail!
Just wanted to know something.
What means the usvfs code to be "broken"
I'm not a coder, but i would love to know, what kind of problems that this error would bring to using the M.O.2 on F04 for exemple.

#35 Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:04 PM

Not here to start an argument but something that has been a long standing issue. All tools such as Wrye Bash/Flash, LOOT, xEdit have never been made to be incompatible with MO or MO2. The programs are 32 bit and simply compiled using commercial software except in the case of Wrye Bash/Flash which uses a community authored compiler. The compilers use the provided libraries to access the windows file system directly.

The reason I am here is because there was yet another of hundreds of arguments that I have read over the years.  In this case it was in the FO4Edit comments section and FO4Edit couldn't perform the desired action. When we politely made it clear that we have never used MO2 and asked the poster to ask about MO2 in the STEP forums he replied with, "... the MO2 nerds will... send me back here..."  I am omitting most of the comment but it shouldn't matter since it's the point of my post anyway.

I don't know if what the person said is true but if it is would the STEP moderators and LePresidente kindly discourage any such comments and behavior please. There is nothing wrong with MO, or MO2 and I have nothing bad to say about it nor do I wish to. I would just appreciate it that when someone asks why 3rd party tools are not working with MO2 that they are not sent back to the authors.

All of the tools mentioned are maintained by people (with the exception of WrinklyNinja) who have never used MO/MO2. We only have a basic understanding that there are virtual folders.  We can't help users configure the tools to work with MO/MO2 because we are unfamiliar with the settings and functionality. We can't provide troubleshooting or assist in explaining why the tool isn't functioning with MO/MO2 for the same reason.

There is no hidden or missing functionality and nothing specifically that Delphi, C++, or Python can provide to create the compatibility that users feel should exist.  WrinklyNinja had been using MO (I don't know if he still does) and made a statement to the effect that any time LOOT has an issue with MO he is in the same boat as everyone else.

NOTE: As for 32 bit vs 64 bit versions. The only program that may ever become 64 bit is xEdit because of the work Sheson and Zilav do for the LOD requirements with FO4 and SSE. However, until that time just consider it to be something that may or may not happen.

Edited by Sharlikran, 15 April 2017 - 10:17 PM.

#36 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 10:43 PM

Sharlikran said...

<snip>

I can categorically state that STEP never sends users back to the pages of LOOT, xEdit, Wrye Bash or any other tool unless we are absolutely sure the matter is due to those tools. Incidentally this happens very very few times as all those tools are maintained correctly by authors that know what they are doing.

MO2 is IMHO not in a state that warrants fulltime use, hence the disclaimer in the sub-forum header that it is very much a "beta" release.

My apologies to you and the other maintainers that are coping some flak over MO2's quirks, but I can assure you it is not due to STEP shirking our responsibility.

#37 Sharlikran

Sharlikran

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

For me it's not that I feel anyone is not being responsible in some way. The STEP community is very compassionate toward users and very passionate about what they do and offer to the community. However, when I see posts that say the "nerds" then that to me indicates the general population making posts and not the STEP community itself.

#38 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,705 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:39 PM

Whether the staff or the general user I stand by my statement that I can count on one hand the number of times any user has been advised to go elsewhere for help.

In future anytime a user comes to you saying STEP has told them to come and ask you for help, you can rest assured they have probably never even posted here first.

#39 Bluegunk

Bluegunk

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:08 AM

Might I please ask a quick question? I see in MO2 that I have use of only one Nexus server now, which is CDN. Was that a Nexus change? Or have I broken something?

Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users