49 replies to this topic

#46 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,898 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

I can't test it at the moment, I'm still version 1607 of Win 10 and the so-called 'Creator' update is 1703. However from the few reports I've gotten so far I think it may be a setting that can be turned off. Failing that I hae reached out to a few coders that may be able step in and do "fix" if necessary, still in the discussion phase at the moment.

The big difference with MO and any other manager is the hooking process that @Tannin developed, he expanded on his thesis project about malware and hence the underlying code looks to Windows as malicious and may be turned off somehow. Having the ability to keep a clean 'Data' folder, and the use of multiple profiles is a good selling point of MO/MO2 but if that fails it may be time to call it a day and look elsewhere.

As for Windows 7, I doubt there are any concerns with it. Microsoft has just as much wiped their hands of it and have stated they will no longer support it in newer CPUs so I can't see any fancy patches or updates coming along that render MO broken on that platform.

#47 mpjbay

mpjbay

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

I am on Win10 and have zero problems with MO2 minus an occasional crash while running SSEEdit, WB, etc through it. 

Will there be an updated release of MO2? That would be dandy.

#48 LePresidente

LePresidente

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

So i'm going to try get back into this, well atleast the few issues with the build process and upgrade the installer to wix.

The other bugs I will have to see though its unlikely.

#49 spaceoden

spaceoden

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

Good to hear! I tried to use NMM recently and it was not fun. MO really changed the way I mod.

#50 remlnx

remlnx

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

The supposed issues with win 10 happens only if you use the appdata (aka not portable) installation of MO2. Using the portable version (it's basically the same as MO1) no issue show up except the occasional crash launching 3th party tools like SSEdit or WB, and even those happen rarely.

I'm on win 10 pro Creators, using it for both FO4 and SSE .

All the rage vs MO2 comes from who press "next, next, next" without even know what they doing.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users