93 replies to this topic

#46 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

I can't test it at the moment, I'm still version 1607 of Win 10 and the so-called 'Creator' update is 1703. However from the few reports I've gotten so far I think it may be a setting that can be turned off. Failing that I hae reached out to a few coders that may be able step in and do "fix" if necessary, still in the discussion phase at the moment.

The big difference with MO and any other manager is the hooking process that @Tannin developed, he expanded on his thesis project about malware and hence the underlying code looks to Windows as malicious and may be turned off somehow. Having the ability to keep a clean 'Data' folder, and the use of multiple profiles is a good selling point of MO/MO2 but if that fails it may be time to call it a day and look elsewhere.

As for Windows 7, I doubt there are any concerns with it. Microsoft has just as much wiped their hands of it and have stated they will no longer support it in newer CPUs so I can't see any fancy patches or updates coming along that render MO broken on that platform.

#47 mpjbay

mpjbay

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

I am on Win10 and have zero problems with MO2 minus an occasional crash while running SSEEdit, WB, etc through it. 

Will there be an updated release of MO2? That would be dandy.

#48 LePresidente

LePresidente

Prisoner

• Mod Authors
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:31 AM

So i'm going to try get back into this, well atleast the few issues with the build process and upgrade the installer to wix.

The other bugs I will have to see though its unlikely.

#49 spaceoden

spaceoden

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:16 PM

Good to hear! I tried to use NMM recently and it was not fun. MO really changed the way I mod.

#50 remlnx

remlnx

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:38 AM

The supposed issues with win 10 happens only if you use the appdata (aka not portable) installation of MO2. Using the portable version (it's basically the same as MO1) no issue show up except the occasional crash launching 3th party tools like SSEdit or WB, and even those happen rarely.

I'm on win 10 pro Creators, using it for both FO4 and SSE .

All the rage vs MO2 comes from who press "next, next, next" without even know what they doing.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

#51 MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 10:39 AM

Everytime that I run the game with SKSE64 I need to close MO2 by passing through a bunch of errors, 

Any chance to get SKSE64 bug fixed or workarounded ?

#52 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:26 PM

SKSE64 isn't even out of alpha yet! Best to let that team iron out any bugs in their code before looking for a "fix" in MO2.

#53 MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:58 AM

ok never mind  ^_^

#54 MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 08:45 AM

Is there a way to copy the left mod order from a profile to another, without loosing the checks ?  ^_^ 

'Cause I can copy the modlist.txt file from a profile into another but it will copy also which mod are checked.
This could be a rally useful option!
Something like "copy left sort order to all other profiles"  :;):

#55 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

If you click the Configure Profiles icon at the top, click the profile you want to copy and then click the Copy button. This copies the selected profile to a new profile with the name of your choice.

EDIT: This works with Mod Organizer 1.3.11 but I don't know about Mod Organizer 2.

#56 Astakos

Astakos

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 03:46 AM

Yes, it works just fine with MO2 as well.

#57 MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

yep I know how to manage profiles... but I forgot what/why I was trying to do LOL  :lol:

Edited by MaximilianPs, 30 September 2017 - 07:28 AM.

#58 brandonpotter0

brandonpotter0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:01 PM

Just curious, with the Creation Club out now for Skyrim SE and Fallout 4, will there be any updates to Mod Organizer to support the new .ESL file types?

#59 MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

Ok, I've got my memory back!
What I mean was about left list sorting, 'cause ... suppose that we have 2 profiles:

Profile 1 - "Default"

Profile 2 - "My Modded Game"

When we download a new mod and the we place it with the correct ID on the main mod list (so we sort the Left List by hand), and we do that on the Default list.

I guess there is no way to copy the sorted mod list from that profile to the Profile 2, all that I can do is to clone the first one, but on this way, I'll get all mods unchecked and there is no way to copy the checked mod form a profile to another.

So actually the Profiles, are useful but also uncomfortable when you want to get the sort synced.

I hope you get what I mean  ^_^

#60 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:45 PM

That sort of "issue" really only comes around when we're dealing with large lists of mods, anyone with just a single modded game in one profile and perhaps a testing profile with the same list, plus additions for testing, and maybe a bare-bones minimum profile to fall back on should be able to do just as you describe and correct the ID after adding in the new mod.

It's only when you add a batch of mods together that it may become cumbersome. In that instance I often open the 'modlist.txt' from one profile in an editor and make the needed changes by changing the "-" & "+" as needed to indicate whether the mods are active as well as moving them around to correct the order. Even this is rarely done as once you have a stable set of mods that should be kept as a set profile and then you should work on a copy of it when adding in new ones.

I think what you may need to look into is your work flow with profiles. Not a criticism, just a suggestion. Everyone works however comfortably it feels for them.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users