Mod Organizer 2 Development Status

LePresidente

Question

Hi, Just thought i would place this here kinda to give feedback on what the current status is and Items that I simply don't have the skills to fix.

Latest Release:

2.0.8.3b - https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/releases/tag/v2.0.8.3b

Items Requiring a C++ Developer (Things I can't fix):

These fixed themselves (Shrugs)

Profiles:

Custom profile locations are  currently not supported, Please either use portable or the %appdata% locations for now, I'm planning on adding a new option when creating the profiles called "Custom Location" that will create everything in the location and setup all the internal settings correctly.

Games Supported:

Currently due to time restraints I will be looking at only fixing the SkyrimSE and fallout4 bugs, Please use MO1 for the others if MO2 has issues with those games.

*Note on the silence up till now*

Sorry for the long delay there was work happening in the background, And I kinda went into radio silence since a few of us were stumped by the memory issues, Should be a Test release here soon as well once we are sure it will work as expected. I was against making any claims until now due to that people were comparing my "quick fixes" to Tannins work as a whole which is not fair to tannin's great contributions or myself for just getting things compiling in general. So I have waited for some sort of testing to take place and the project to get some momentum. 

Fixes coming in 2.1.0

1. Building with VS2015 and QT5.9.1
  2. All memory bugs have gone by magic (I'm serious no idea how, Using Qt's Binary install has helped)
  3. ESL support has been done by Helidoc and Silarn [WIP
  4. Tutorials are back and working and updated (Thanks to Silarn)
  5. Few null exceptions are caught now, So no more hard crashes due to firewall/network issues
  6. sort button uses the new loot api that supports esl
  7. A few SkyrimSE/Fallout4 fixes (e.g fallout4 mods don't deselect anymore after running loot)
  8. Local profiles and saves are working, Though tester has notified us disabling local profiles doesn't work so still [WIP]

Issues in 2.1.0

No issues in latest test build

You can find the test builds on discord in the testers channel.

No wix installer yet though I have been slacking

**** Updates to come ****

Edited by LePresidente
  • +1 7

The supposed issues with win 10 happens only if you use the appdata (aka not portable) installation of MO2. Using the portable version (it's basically the same as MO1) no issue show up except the occasional crash launching 3th party tools like SSEdit or WB, and even those happen rarely.

I'm on win 10 pro Creators, using it for both FO4 and SSE .

All the rage vs MO2 comes from who press "next, next, next" without even know what they doing.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Is there a way to copy the left mod order from a profile to another, without loosing the checks ?  ^_^ 

'Cause I can copy the modlist.txt file from a profile into another but it will copy also which mod are checked.
This could be a rally useful option!
Something like "copy left sort order to all other profiles"  :;):

If you click the Configure Profiles icon at the top, click the profile you want to copy and then click the Copy button. This copies the selected profile to a new profile with the name of your choice.

EDIT: This works with Mod Organizer 1.3.11 but I don't know about Mod Organizer 2.

Ok, I've got my memory back!
What I mean was about left list sorting, 'cause ... suppose that we have 2 profiles:

Profile 1 - "Default"

Profile 2 - "My Modded Game"

When we download a new mod and the we place it with the correct ID on the main mod list (so we sort the Left List by hand), and we do that on the Default list.

I guess there is no way to copy the sorted mod list from that profile to the Profile 2, all that I can do is to clone the first one, but on this way, I'll get all mods unchecked and there is no way to copy the checked mod form a profile to another.

So actually the Profiles, are useful but also uncomfortable when you want to get the sort synced.

I hope you get what I mean  ^_^

That sort of "issue" really only comes around when we're dealing with large lists of mods, anyone with just a single modded game in one profile and perhaps a testing profile with the same list, plus additions for testing, and maybe a bare-bones minimum profile to fall back on should be able to do just as you describe and correct the ID after adding in the new mod.

It's only when you add a batch of mods together that it may become cumbersome. In that instance I often open the 'modlist.txt' from one profile in an editor and make the needed changes by changing the "-" & "+" as needed to indicate whether the mods are active as well as moving them around to correct the order. Even this is rarely done as once you have a stable set of mods that should be kept as a set profile and then you should work on a copy of it when adding in new ones.

I think what you may need to look into is your work flow with profiles. Not a criticism, just a suggestion. Everyone works however comfortably it feels for them.

Sorta an old mans fiddling WIP v2.0.8.5a based on both Tannin and LePresidente's work https://github.com/Helidoc65/modorganizer/releases I got bored :)

Alpha release using QT5.9.2 for testing, things might be broken, Tested on Win 10x64 Fall Update Latest Tools do work with one exception;
Wrye Bash crashes using the stand alone version but the Python Version works fine within the program if you're on win 10 fall update "Outdated TV" has a good vid here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yNU9XF9zmc Also see this Wiki https://github.com/wrye-bash/wrye-bash/wiki/Wrye-Bash-and-Mod-Organizer . Still chasing this one down.

Support for the new esl files in this release you do need to manually enable them! As well as place them in your load order ( right window drag up and place where needed ) though I do believe the game loads them where they need to be.

SKSE64 support : Currently SKSE64 version 2.0.4 will load with the current alpha release see this vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTGnQIiNVqA for install instructions and see this mod for some ini settings; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1651/? though I will not be chasing it too much until it's more stable this version will detect if you have it installed.

Please use the Portable install and keep your current MO2 versions this is for testing let me know in the issues what's broken. Thanks!

Edited by Helidoc
  • +1 3

Here have a rain of problems
when I run it:
"an error occurred: Network failed: Error creating SSL context()"
"an error occurred: HTTPS status 0"

23:17:34 [D] data path: G:/ModOrganizer
23:17:34 [D] Working directory: G:\ModOrganizer
23:17:34 [D] initializing core
23:17:35 [D] usvfs log messages are written to G:/ModOrganizer/logs/usvfs-2017-10-20_21-17-35.log
23:17:35 [D] initialize plugins
23:17:35 [D] looking for plugins in G:\ModOrganizer\plugins
23:17:35 [D] loaded plugin "bsa_extractor.dll"
23:17:36 [D] loaded plugin "check_fnis.dll"
23:17:36 [D] loaded plugin "diagnose_basic.dll"
23:17:37 [D] loaded plugin "game_fallout3.dll"
23:17:37 [D] loaded plugin "game_fallout4.dll"
23:17:38 [D] loaded plugin "game_falloutNV.dll"
23:17:38 [D] loaded plugin "game_oblivion.dll"
23:17:39 [D] loaded plugin "game_skyrim.dll"
23:17:40 [D] loaded plugin "game_skyrimse.dll"
23:17:40 [D] loaded plugin "inibakery.dll"
23:17:40 [D] loaded plugin "inieditor.dll"
23:17:41 [D] loaded plugin "installer_bain.dll"
23:17:41 [D] loaded plugin "installer_bundle.dll"
23:17:42 [D] loaded plugin "installer_fomod.dll"
23:17:42 [D] loaded plugin "installer_manual.dll"
23:17:42 [D] loaded plugin "installer_ncc.dll"
23:17:43 [D] loaded plugin "installer_quick.dll"
23:17:47 [D] loaded plugin "pyCfg.py"
23:17:47 [D] loaded plugin "plugin_python.dll"
23:17:47 [D] loaded plugin "preview_base.dll"
23:17:48 [D] downloads after refresh: 106
23:17:48 [D] no plugin splash
23:17:48 [D] managing game at G:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition
23:17:48 [D] setting up configured executables
23:17:49 [D] configured profile: Default
23:17:49 [D] validating login cookies
23:17:49 [D] initializing tutorials
23:17:49 [D] loaded language en_US
23:17:51 [D] interface Ethernet seems to be up (address: fe80::cc1e:2a5b:cd7c:259a%ethernet_32768)
23:17:51 [D] reading save games from G:/ModOrganizer/profiles/Default/saves
23:17:51 [D] displaying main window
23:17:51 [W] QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSLv23_client_method
23:17:51 [W] QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_CTX_new
23:17:51 [W] QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function SSL_library_init
23:17:51 [W] QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
23:17:51 [W] QSslSocket: cannot call unresolved function ERR_get_error
23:17:51 [D] retrieving credentials
23:17:52 [D] network error 99
23:17:52 [C] uncaught exception in handler (object , eventtype 43): Network failed: Error creating SSL context ()
23:17:52 [D] G:\ModOrganizer\profiles\Default\modlist.txt saved
23:17:52 [C] uncaught exception in handler (object , eventtype 43): HTTP Status 0:

Then, Loot won't run, "Sort" button will crash "LootCli.exe" so it won't sort the mod list and return "Loot failed. Exit code was 3221225477"
If I try to run SKSE64 "A component of the Skyrim SE Script Extender" will crash and the game won't start.

I guess I should downgrade it :unsure:

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]

Edited by MaximilianPs