Mod Organizer 2 Development Status

LePresidente

Question

Hi, Just thought i would place this here kinda to give feedback on what the current status is and Items that I simply don't have the skills to fix.

Latest Release:

2.0.8.3b - https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/releases/tag/v2.0.8.3b

Items Requiring a C++ Developer (Things I can't fix):

These fixed themselves (Shrugs)

Profiles:

Custom profile locations are  currently not supported, Please either use portable or the %appdata% locations for now, I'm planning on adding a new option when creating the profiles called "Custom Location" that will create everything in the location and setup all the internal settings correctly.

Games Supported:

Currently due to time restraints I will be looking at only fixing the SkyrimSE and fallout4 bugs, Please use MO1 for the others if MO2 has issues with those games.

*Note on the silence up till now*

Sorry for the long delay there was work happening in the background, And I kinda went into radio silence since a few of us were stumped by the memory issues, Should be a Test release here soon as well once we are sure it will work as expected. I was against making any claims until now due to that people were comparing my "quick fixes" to Tannins work as a whole which is not fair to tannin's great contributions or myself for just getting things compiling in general. So I have waited for some sort of testing to take place and the project to get some momentum. 

Fixes coming in 2.1.0

1. Building with VS2015 and QT5.9.1
  2. All memory bugs have gone by magic (I'm serious no idea how, Using Qt's Binary install has helped)
  3. ESL support has been done by Helidoc and Silarn [WIP
  4. Tutorials are back and working and updated (Thanks to Silarn)
  5. Few null exceptions are caught now, So no more hard crashes due to firewall/network issues
  6. sort button uses the new loot api that supports esl
  7. A few SkyrimSE/Fallout4 fixes (e.g fallout4 mods don't deselect anymore after running loot)
  8. Local profiles and saves are working, Though tester has notified us disabling local profiles doesn't work so still [WIP]

Issues in 2.1.0

No issues in latest test build

You can find the test builds on discord in the testers channel.

No wix installer yet though I have been slacking

**** Updates to come ****

Edited by LePresidente
  • +1 7

HTTPS Status 0 is an Openssl failure you should have both libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in the dll directory if you don't something happened during your install they were in the archive and openssl was used in the build but I ewill look deeper into this as you are not the first to report it and I just checked the upload to be sure. I'll double check the sort button, thanks for the report, may need some work there I had loot installed and use it in the drop down.

I've traced down the error with the sort button and loot and will work on an update over the weekend, all I can say in the interim is you can install the latest version of loot and add it to the installed programs list as a work around. What is happening is the api of loot that was with the original code is based of of loot ver 10.3 that has no support for esl files and that may be causing the crashes so I will need to bring the api up to date with the current version of loot and it's not a straight fix.

SKSE64 is a horse of a different color, I've done some limited testing with it and can get it to work without crashing on my build rig, with it being in it's current state along with the addon's for it, it's a difficult one to attempt to troubleshoot. As it get's further along in it's development I will be able to do more with it, heck this project in it's self is a retirement thing for me :P

There are some issues with the way SKSE64 is taking up handles that I will be doing a dive into once I'm able to get this a little more stable but as it is this was an unfinished program to begin with. :)

Then, Loot won't run, "Sort" button will crash "LootCli.exe" so it won't sort the mod list and return "Loot failed. Exit code was 3221225477"
If I try to run SKSE64 "A component of the Skyrim SE Script Extender" will crash and the game won't start.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]

When MO2 builds nxmhandler.ini the last line is wrong.

2\executable=D:\\MO 2.0.8.3\\nxmhandler.exe

I changed the 2.0.8.3 to 2.0.8.5 and LOOT and SSEEDIT work just fine.

I am also getting the following error message when I install a mod:

Tutorial failed to start, please check "mo_interface.log" for details.

It is that tutorial which starts up the first time you install a mod.

Edited by BuddyKidd

When MO2 builds nxmhandler.ini the last line is wrong.

2\executable=D:\\MO 2.0.8.3\\nxmhandler.exe

I changed the 2.0.8.3 to 2.0.8.5 and LOOT and SSEEDIT work just fine.

I am also getting the following error message when I install a mod:

Tutorial failed to start, please check "mo_interface.log" for details.

It is that tutorial which starts up the first time you install a mod.

Thanks will look into this.

I will be out of town for a few days myself but will have a laptop with me, any bugs to report please post them here https://github.com/Helidoc65/modorganizer/issues and if you just need some help start a new topic :) I posted to this thread due to me posting a new release and would not want to let this thread get out of control with troubleshooting issues and get on the bad side of the admins here, this is a hobby for me and I enjoy what this site has to offer and would rather stay on the plus side of things.. thanks!

@Helidoc Don't worry about getting on the bad books with STEP, I'll keep tabs on the progress of this new development phase and will let you know if things need to change.

In the mean time I'll look into giving you more privileges here on STEP such as the ability to edit posts. This will mean you can make a changelog post if you wish and update it as needed, in addition to that on GitHub of course.

All the best with the work on MO2.

@GrantSP thanks for the encouragement, wanted something to fiddle with in my advance years and boy did I pick a one :P One of my biggest challenges with this is getting "up to speed" on how this thing was coded , plus the fact that not only was the game changed, but windows was as well on a core level just recently. This was one of my favorite "toys" to play with in my spare time before grand kids and now that Tannin is working on a different project ( which I'd like to see how that works out ) I just figured I'd grab my knife and whittle away at this to breathe a bit of life back into it. BTW anyone reading this, the last update to windows 10 broke some things in the program at a core level even though they fixed some. This goes to the order of how the hooks are called to some degree and the API which is why Wrye Bash can only work in Python version and SKSE64 is a runaway freight train with it's hooks and can crash in MO2. Needless to say it's going to take a bit to fix :P I digress I've talked long enough I'll keep it up unless of course my grandson wants to go fishing... man has to have priorities ;) 

• +1 1

@Helidoc are you on our discord channel? The QT5.9 stuff has had zero testing so general releasing is a bad idea, There are a few working on MO2 in the background now since umbrella became a bit more usable as well so collaboration is important instead of multiple people working on the same thing . Please if possible keep test builds on the discord channel where those testing understand stuff will break. Also regarding your github project please avoid using master as that is MO1 code. MO2 is in new_vfs_library and I forked off that and created the branch QT5.7 which was to get qt5.7 and up working. I do think you wanting to help is a very important assist to getting MO2 back on track just keep planning and work on the same page is important and avoid duplicate work. 

There is also someone completely reworking the build process and refactoring most of the code which we hope eventually will be the main project in the future as it will probably be easier to maintain https://github.com/ModOrganizer/modorganizer

Don't ask me why my but tannin never did push stuff to master after he started MO2.

Ok after the Creator Late Update

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19] 

MO start working really better :)

I've removed all files from the WebCache folder, but still gives me these errors on start

ydM1JLM.png

Download this and extract to your dlls folder 

https://mega.nz/#!Rdolma4K!QON63VLmXl3tLHwFXOUoL6760hgfi97f2bbv2jdQ79M

*Wait nvm those files are in his latest zip*

Edited by LePresidente
  • +1 1

@Helidoc are you on our discord channel? The QT5.9 stuff has had zero testing so general releasing is a bad idea, There are a few working on MO2 in the background now since umbrella became a bit more usable as well so collaboration is important instead of multiple people working on the same thing . Please if possible keep test builds on the discord channel where those testing understand stuff will break. Also regarding your github project please avoid using master as that is MO1 code. MO2 is in new_vfs_library and I forked off that and created the branch QT5.7 which was to get qt5.7 and up working. I do think you wanting to help is a very important assist to getting MO2 back on track just keep planning and work on the same page is important and avoid duplicate work. 

There is also someone completely reworking the build process and refactoring most of the code which we hope eventually will be the main project in the future as it will probably be easier to maintain https://github.com/ModOrganizer/modorganizer

Don't ask me why my but tannin never did push stuff to master after he started MO2.

I'm away until Sunday evening, and I am not on discord. When you had posted your fork of the umbrella project here I guess I made certain assumptions given the amount of discussion going on. I'll dive into it when I return.

I'm away until Sunday evening, and I am not on discord. When you had posted your fork of the umbrella project here I guess I made certain assumptions given the amount of discussion going on. I'll dive into it when I return.

No stress really, Just trying to avoid confusion that all. also never done a release on all the fixes I did for fallout4 and so on since i never did the new installer using wix lol. Also since this is a new qt version and so the minor version should jump as well. So will probably become 2.1.0 and we start from there the 2.0.8.x stuff was to get my head around the build process and release minor fixes using tannins existing codebase using the same qt version as he was

No stress really, Just trying to avoid confusion that all. also never done a release on all the fixes I did for fallout4 and so on since i never did the new installer using wix lol. Also since this is a new qt version and so the minor version should jump as well. So will probably become 2.1.0 and we start from there the 2.0.8.x stuff was to get my head around the build process and release minor fixes using tannins existing codebase using the same qt version as he was

Sticking with the 2.0.8.x  line was where I kept it due to me building it off the umbrella not just off the base MO code, where I got the QT 5.9.x it was what you had set up in your version of the config.py file for the umbrella so I figured it was a safe bet that was where you were at in the code.. my bad there, old coder habits so I stuck with what you called out in the config for the build with only minor point differences. Heck I come from a period when we used punch cards :P On another note I did notice that the master code for MO was not the MO2 code but I had already pushed my changes to my GitHub, I will rectify that when I return from this trip so it will not be confusing. This was more or less a retirement project for me as it had seemed with all the changes to windows and the game it needed the work. As I said in my sticky post if either you or Tannin wish for me to stop work on it all you have to do is say so, I do not wish to tarnish anything the two of you have done. Thanks

Ok after the Creator Late Update

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.19] 

MO start working really better :)

I've removed all files from the WebCache folder, but still gives me these errors on start

ydM1JLM.png

About the only thing I can suggest if you have the above mentioned files is to check your firewall rules with MO. Changing offline_mode=true in ModOrganizer.ini see if that goes away and after deleting and resetting all firewall rules for the installation path/ModOrganizer.exe then switching back to offline_mode=false .