Mod Organizer 2 Development Status

LePresidente

Question

Hi, Just thought i would place this here kinda to give feedback on what the current status is and Items that I simply don't have the skills to fix.

Latest Release:

2.0.8.3b - https://github.com/LePresidente/modorganizer/releases/tag/v2.0.8.3b

Items Requiring a C++ Developer (Things I can't fix):

These fixed themselves (Shrugs)

Profiles:

Custom profile locations are  currently not supported, Please either use portable or the %appdata% locations for now, I'm planning on adding a new option when creating the profiles called "Custom Location" that will create everything in the location and setup all the internal settings correctly.

Games Supported:

Currently due to time restraints I will be looking at only fixing the SkyrimSE and fallout4 bugs, Please use MO1 for the others if MO2 has issues with those games.

*Note on the silence up till now*

Sorry for the long delay there was work happening in the background, And I kinda went into radio silence since a few of us were stumped by the memory issues, Should be a Test release here soon as well once we are sure it will work as expected. I was against making any claims until now due to that people were comparing my "quick fixes" to Tannins work as a whole which is not fair to tannin's great contributions or myself for just getting things compiling in general. So I have waited for some sort of testing to take place and the project to get some momentum. 

Fixes coming in 2.1.0

1. Building with VS2015 and QT5.9.1
  2. All memory bugs have gone by magic (I'm serious no idea how, Using Qt's Binary install has helped)
  3. ESL support has been done by Helidoc and Silarn [WIP
  4. Tutorials are back and working and updated (Thanks to Silarn)
  5. Few null exceptions are caught now, So no more hard crashes due to firewall/network issues
  6. sort button uses the new loot api that supports esl
  7. A few SkyrimSE/Fallout4 fixes (e.g fallout4 mods don't deselect anymore after running loot)
  8. Local profiles and saves are working, Though tester has notified us disabling local profiles doesn't work so still [WIP]

Issues in 2.1.0

No issues in latest test build

You can find the test builds on discord in the testers channel.

No wix installer yet though I have been slacking

**** Updates to come ****

Edited by LePresidente
  • +1 7

I was missing two dlls: 

libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll

now the problem is gone, thanks to LePresidente's post  :)

Those were in the zip file perhaps your av nailed them just checked what I have uploaded and they are in the zip LP even confirmed it. Same openssl version as well (shrugs) glad its working for you now though.

Changing MO to offline stopped that error for me, although I now have SKSE component has stopped working.

Did you reset your firewall and after try to put it back online?

I have the same HTTP errors, but I have those two files and I don't use a firewall (well it's turned off currently)

I also get the SKSE error when I try to run it :(

Will have to keep using v2.0.8.3 as it works fine (other than the weird handler problem)

Edited by NewYears1978

This gives me so much hope for the future of modding SkyrimSE! Thank-you so much for this work, I look forward to getting an Alpha or Beta of 2.1!!

After the release of SKSE I had come back to mod my SE, after weeks of struggling to work with MO 2.0.8 I had given up this last weekend after failing to get SkyProc stuff working. Again I attempted to use NMM yet after one night of starting to build my list from MO I gave up... really started to think SSE modded is a no go.

So, thank-you your work is very much appreciated!