5 replies to this topic

#1 Tykune

Tykune

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

I began rebuilding a bashed patch and when it got to the point of importing and tweaking settings.... it looks like everything was checked already. Alias Mod Names was the only one unchecked, and despite my attempts of completely starting Wrye Bash over from scratch, it appears to have saved my previous settings. Is this something to be worried about? The step guide makes mention of checking certain boxes, and tweaking certain settings... but would everything being checked affect the process and stability?

EDIT: I just realized that this post probably isn't on the proper board. Any way to get this moved to the right one?

Edited by Tykune, 22 January 2017 - 09:50 AM.

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

It's fine to have whatever it defaults to be checked. Nothing bad will come of it. I also moved the topic to the right forum.

#3 Tykune

Tykune

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

It's fine to have whatever it defaults to be checked. Nothing bad will come of it. I also moved the topic to the right forum.

Alright, and thank you.

#4 madhartigan

madhartigan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:17 PM

Perhaps, to avoid this confusion (I know I was unsure) the wording in the guide, for step 5, could reassure the reader that any other boxes being checked have no negative effects.

Not sure how, exactly, to word that and stay within the editorial guidelines of S.T.E.P., but I know it would have saved me some concern.

I feel bad criticizing anything about this guide.  It's truly phenomenal how complete, specific and well-written the instructions are.  This was genuinely the first time, throughout the entire guide that I was left questioning what I was doing.

Spectacular presentation and thank you very much for all of it. 

#5 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,111 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:52 PM

I changed the wording up a bit. Thanks for the recommendation, all!

#6 madhartigan

madhartigan

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:15 AM

Exactly what it needed.  Thank you for a prompt response to feedback.  Just another reflection of how credible this whole project continues to be.  Awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users