Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (by Starac)

z929669

Woot!  :woot:  Grabbing it now!

Textures have always been big for SRO. Most users will want to run them through DDSopt to constrain the size to better match the performance level of their systems. STEP, at one point, had a custom version of SRO with various constrained sizes for various texture groups which mainly matched our baselines (1K for exteriors and 2K for interiors).

This will likely be a automatic add back into STEP at some point (when we get around to SSE). Starac does a very good job of staying with the vanilla design direction.

I just started downloading it as well. ModDb is a bit annoying in that it pops up a download frame and then throws an "error" over the top saying the server is overloaded and to try again later or to try another mirror -- but the link to other mirrors is hidden behind the error. Even when I click other mirrors, it takes me to the home page instead of to the specific mod page I want to download. Just seems to be a poor design choice. I had to close the download frame and click the Download button again (with a bit of a pause between) several times to finally get the file to start downloading. Just saying because we may want to add a note about this if we add SRO back into STEP.

Can this version be used with original Skyrim?

I will upload separate update for original version, but you still must download entire mod. With that update you just overwrite it. But you can try it with original version? 

The reason why is 10gb is because it has around 1600-1700 textures, and many are 4k. 

Also like before theres no need to use DDSopt. This mod is for users with graphic cards with 3gb or more of vram. 

Sure you can resize textures, but details will be lost. There is really visible difference between 2k and 4k, especially in cities. Solitude for example. 

If someone really decide to do that, i recommend to first resize normal maps and test it.

Edited by Starac

Here is part 1:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-realistic-overhaul/downloads

Moddb doesn't allow files bigger then 2.8gb, so i must upload 3 parts. 

This first part contains architecture textures except Windhelm. 

Today i'm gonna upload the rest.

Part 1 downloaded and camping out the site for the rest, been waiting a while to get ahold of this looking forward to the last two parts.

Just don't use it with edited meshes like "No Stretching" mod, cause details will be lost in some places, textures will look strange.

SMIM should be ok, although i didn't check what Brumbek did in the last updates?

Right now I've just got a clean install + your mod... I haven't been modding SSE yet until your mod dropped and I had to check it out. Looks great so far but haven't played more than 15 minutes yet.
  • +1 1

Can you give an ETA for the Skyrim 32bit patch?

What do you mean 32bit patch? 

Right now I've just got a clean install + your mod... I haven't been modding SSE yet until your mod dropped and I had to check it out. Looks great so far but haven't played more than 15 minutes yet.

How much vram is using. I see that you have 4gb card?