Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (by Starac)

z929669

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey?platform=pc

According to this the largest segment has 1GB cards currently... which I find just insane.

That is insane... I figured 2GB would be the norm by now. If you do the math though, 54% of users are using 2GB or greater so that the majority on 2GB cards or higher. It's still crazy to see that 46% of users are on 1GB or less.

I reviewed those stats awhile back and I found them to not be a fair representation for those that play something like skyrim or even SSE.

The steam stats include everyone that is able to even run steam, the majority of which probably struggle with anything more demanding than half life 2

STEPs wiki stats are probably significantly more accurate for the games that we discuss here. Speaking of which...

I have forget to include some new Dawnguard textures. Must upload an update because of that  :dry:

No, not even a tiny insignificant hint of any stuttering, its all smooth as a babys bum :)

Skyrim SE has always been the same for me, so any kind of stutter would be glaringly obvious .. I get none. Even when constantly walking / running around the landscape while VRAM is varying its load between 2.6 - 2.9 gb.

There is always a bit of overload when fast travelling into a city from anywhere, the graph spikes to hit the roof at 3 gb, but then the instant before the game commences again VRAM use has already sunk down to less than 3gb .. So its not affecting gameplay at all.

The only thing that is obvious is a little more warmth on the case from the GPU working a bit more than usual ( I am guessing because it has less spare VRAM to juggle in / out more textures, so it has to work a bit harder keeping the flow versus cache in system ram balance going ), but no temperatures to be concerned with yet.

Although if I was to stick to the rule of always having circa 20 percent VRAM free at all times to preserve machine longevity ( especially on laptops where cooling is a very fine balancing act sometimes with the physically restricted space ) .. I think I am currently over-stepping the mark enough to want to bring down VRAM use just a little bit, or in the long term not use SRO permanently.

Win 10 VRAM use I havent done any investigation into that, but I should imagine it is probably a bit less than Win 7, it does not use windows Aero glass effects anymore, so probably saves circa 100mb of VRAM in comparison with Win 7 ( I know on my old laptop which had Win 7, I could typically squeeze out that much VRAM for more spare when using a classic theme desktop and disabling aero )

Anyway thats all my thoughts so far apart from saying .. Its looking damned good. And does not deter too much from the games original artistic feel, which you always do well.

Edit : Forgot to mention the Vanilla game VRAM use is averaging between 1.6 to 2.2 gb VRAM use on this machine, area dependant. I think my ideal to try and achieve would be 2.2 to 2.7

Thanks.

Can Project Parallax Remastered https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/40512/? be used with SRO 1.7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you try and tell us  ::):

• +1 1

So just to clarify, for Oldrim users we need all three parts of the full 1.7 release, plus the 1.7 Original Update, plus the Dawnguard update?

Yes. 

Dawnguard update has only some architecture textures that i forgot to include, and they are without additional alpha channels, so can be used with both versions.

Only SE landscape textures have additional alpha channels incompatible with original version. 

• +1 1

Yes. 

Dawnguard update has only some architecture textures that i forgot to include, and they are without additional alpha channels, so can be used with both versions.

Only SE landscape textures have additional alpha channels incompatible with original version.

Good to know, thanks. BTW, you may want to remove the 'Dropped' flag from this thread.

It looks like it wants to show but than instantly disappears. The only box I see is the red download box that I left click on. Should I right click on it and do a "save as is" or whatever the option is

Click red download box and continue. It should look like this when it starts to download automatically:

eDLhs5R.png