Skyrim Realistic Overhaul (by Starac)

z929669

Thanks for your answers guys.

Yes I know parallax doesn't exist in SSE but I wonder in Oldrim will parallax for old SRO textures still work with latest SRO textures for Oldrim.

Tried SSE today, works much nicer and more stable but I really miss some must-have mods from Oldrim. Darn it :)

Edited by dalibut

I did combine the new SRO with the parallax pack from osmodius' PPR on classic Skyrim, and I haven't really noticed any serious issues with the combination yet.  That being said, I have not been *everywhere* yet with this combo in place so I may yet stumble on a problem area.  The ground can also look a little off sometimes, but I've noticed that with parallax terrain patches in general.

Hey guys, need some advice.

First, in Oldrim will old SRO paralax work with new SRO textures ?

I just cant decide what to start playing, I have AMD 480 8GB card, I want to go with Skyrim SSE but Oldrim has so much cool mods but from what I saw AMD sucks bigtime in DX9, any advice go Oldrim or SSE ?

AMD sucks in dx9? 

With 480 Skyrim should work excellent. 

AMD sucks in dx9? 

I did a testrun on Oldrim with couple of ENBs and it really tanked the fps, actually I may even got better performance with my old NVidia 770 2GB. Plus 4GB VRAM limit on Win10 with 3.5GB limit RAM for 32bit Oldrim.

Gonna give SSE another try if nothing Oldrim here I come :).

You guys playing Oldrim or SSE ?

Btw Starac again kudos on textures, great work!

Edited by dalibut

AMD sucks in dx9? 

I agree that Skyrim should fly on a 480. I have a 290X and have never noticed any issues with performance in Skyrim on Windows 7.

I did a testrun on Oldrim with couple of ENBs and it really tanked the fps, actually I may even got better performance with my old NVidia 770 2GB. Plus 4GB VRAM limit on Win10 with 3.5GB limit RAM for 32bit Oldrim.

Gonna give SSE another try if nothing Oldrim here I come :).

You guys playing Oldrim or SSE ?

Btw Starac again kudos on textures, great work!

Thanks.

ENBs are not internal part of Skyrim engine, so they will never work good. 

Btw, don't bother too much with mods, play the game. It consumes time, and you will end up trying different mods and never be satisfied in the end. Put some good essential mods and play. 

• +1 1

Btw, don't bother too much with mods, play the game. It consumes time, and you will end up trying different mods and never be satisfied in the end. Put some good essential mods and play. 

You just destroyed several Skyrim-based religions with that comment. One does not simply play a lite-ly modded Skyrim. :)

• +1 1

Thanks.

ENBs are not internal part of Skyrim engine, so they will never work good. 

Awesome work on SRO!  Thanks for all the effort.  I look forward to a better Skyrim.  :-)

A very good point about ENBs, Starac.  I had never thought about that aspect of them.  I installed RealVision about 2 years ago, wasn't happy with the results, and haven't used one since I uninstalled it.  Trying Vividian after installing STEP:2.10 had been part of my master plan (but isn't now).  I want to use SRO and other mods that improve Skyrim's visual impact (including high-quality followers and NPCs), and don't think I need an ENB's additional processing.  ATM I am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB VRAM.  If I ever upgrade to an 8 GB VRAM GPU, I might try an ENB.

You just destroyed several Skyrim-based religions with that comment. One does not simply play a lite-ly modded Skyrim. :)

Religion was never a good "thing"  ::):

Seriously, i know people who spend more time trying mods then playing. What's the point? 

Awesome work on SRO!  Thanks for all the effort.  I look forward to a better Skyrim.  :-)

A very good point about ENBs, Starac.  I had never thought about that aspect of them.  I installed RealVision about 2 years ago, wasn't happy with the results, and haven't used one since I uninstalled it.  Trying Vividian after installing STEP:2.10 had been part of my master plan (but isn't now).  I want to use SRO and other mods that improve Skyrim's visual impact (including high-quality followers and NPCs), and don't think I need an ENB's additional processing.  ATM I am using an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 with 4 GB VRAM.  If I ever upgrade to an 8 GB VRAM GPU, I might try an ENB.

Thanks.

I used ENB only for ambient occlusion, although it's not precise enough. But it can pass with some lower values.