388 replies to this topic

#376 Akatosh

Akatosh

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:44 AM

Religion was never a good "thing"  ::):

Seriously, i know people who spend more time trying mods then playing. What's the point? 

Me too!  ::D:

Well...it's fun! Especially because the (main-)story has so much flaws. 

#377 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,868 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:15 AM

According to the detailed instructions, i have to install Part 1-3 + original version update. 

What about the other update file, which includes the missing DG textures?

The original version update includes missing textures.

#378 Tobi

Tobi

Necromancer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

For classic Skyrim, I actually prefer a light ENB. Personally, I use ELEP to keep the vanilla style, but get a few of the nice features that ENB offers like better shadows, cloud shadows, water enhancements, etc.

Hey Tech, for that ENB do you have to input those settings yourself after downloading the enb or are those in there by default?

#379 Starac

Starac

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

According to the detailed instructions, i have to install Part 1-3 + original version update. 

What about the other update file, which includes the missing DG textures?

For original version you must install everything. And for SSE you don't need that "original version update". 

#380 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,868 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:06 PM

Hey Tech, for that ENB do you have to input those settings yourself after downloading the enb or are those in there by default?

ELEP: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/78809/?

It has a few active already (you can read the mod page about it), but you can turn on and off whatever you wish.

For original version you must install everything. And for SSE you don't need that "original version update". 

The "SRO 1.7. original Skyrim version update" file 100% overwrites the "Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 1.7. Update" file (verified in MO conflicts tab) so there is no reason to install it. Right?

#381 Starac

Starac

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:49 AM

ELEP: http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/78809/?

It has a few active already (you can read the mod page about it), but you can turn on and off whatever you wish.

The "SRO 1.7. original Skyrim version update" file 100% overwrites the "Skyrim Realistic Overhaul 1.7. Update" file (verified in MO conflicts tab) so there is no reason to install it. Right?

Well both updates contain the same textures, at least according to size of textures. Are they different in terms of alpha channels i don't remember really because I did this 5 months ago. And i can't check them now because i have new rig and system. At the moment i don't have Photoshop installed, etc.

That's why i recommend to install all 3 parts and both updates for original version.   

#382 Greg

Greg

High King

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:46 PM

Yes. 

Dawnguard update has only some architecture textures that i forgot to include, and they are without additional alpha channels, so can be used with both versions.

Only SE landscape textures have additional alpha channels incompatible with original version. 

The above is what Starac wrote about the Dawnguard update right after it was uploaded.

#383 Starac

Starac

Guard

• Mod Authors
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:56 AM

The above is what Starac wrote about the Dawnguard update right after it was uploaded.

That's it. 

Thanks for reminding me  ::):

#384 Rescorla

Rescorla

Prisoner

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:38 AM

I'm using the STEP guide on Classic for the first time. I'm also using Skyrim Realistic Overhaul for the first time. Got a question to get clarification on how to install the SRO files.

If I try to install them using MO, I get the red warning message that the data directory doesn't exist. When I right click on the data folder and select the option to create a data directory, the warning message does not change to the green Look Good. If I continue on with the install, I get another warning message that says bad things could happen if I continue. I stopped and did not install SRO Part 1 using MO.

I then tried just extracting the file into the Skyrim folder. It ended up creating a SRO Part 1 subfolder. Inside that folder is a Data/texture subfolder structure with multiple subfolders inside the textures folder.

I assume the correct thing to do is copy the entire texture sub folder into the main Data folder. Rinse and repeat for all the other SRO files. Can someone confirm if that is what I should do?

Thanks in advance

#385 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,868 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 09:43 AM

I'm using the STEP guide on Classic for the first time. I'm also using Skyrim Realistic Overhaul for the first time. Got a question to get clarification on how to install the SRO files.

If I try to install them using MO, I get the red warning message that the data directory doesn't exist. When I right click on the data folder and select the option to create a data directory, the warning message does not change to the green Look Good. If I continue on with the install, I get another warning message that says bad things could happen if I continue. I stopped and did not install SRO Part 1 using MO.

I then tried just extracting the file into the Skyrim folder. It ended up creating a SRO Part 1 subfolder. Inside that folder is a Data/texture subfolder structure with multiple subfolders inside the textures folder.

I assume the correct thing to do is copy the entire texture sub folder into the main Data folder. Rinse and repeat for all the other SRO files. Can someone confirm if that is what I should do?

Thanks in advance

You clearly need to read the MO Guide: http://wiki.step-pro...installing_Mods

One of the biggest reasons to use MO is to avoid putting files in the Data directory, so don't do that...ever.

#386 Rescorla

Rescorla

Prisoner

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

You clearly need to read the MO Guide: http://wiki.step-pro...installing_Mods

One of the biggest reasons to use MO is to avoid putting files in the Data directory, so don't do that...ever.

Ive only used STEP once before for FNV. I used the Fear and Loathing guide and in that guide issues like the one I described are usually accounted for and walk you thru the process. As your link pointed out, usually you can right click and select Set Data Directory and that fixes the problem and you get the green Looks Good message. That did not work for me so either I did something wrong or the STEP instructions for installing SRO are incorrect. I probably did something wrong but at this point don't know how to proceed.

#387 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 11,868 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:52 AM

Ive only used STEP once before for FNV. I used the Fear and Loathing guide and in that guide issues like the one I described are usually accounted for and walk you thru the process. As your link pointed out, usually you can right click and select Set Data Directory and that fixes the problem and you get the green Looks Good message. That did not work for me so either I did something wrong or the STEP instructions for installing SRO are incorrect. I probably did something wrong but at this point don't know how to proceed.

All you need to do is right-click on the folder containing the "textures" folder (in this case the "data" folder) and choose to set it as the Data directory. Including extra folders like the data folder in the directory structure is a common mistake among mod authors so you should expect to run into it fairly often.

#388 Dandalfini

Dandalfini

Prisoner

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:14 AM

Can Project Parallax Remastered http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/40512/? be used with SRO 1.7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have forget to include some new Dawnguard textures. Must upload an update because of that  :dry:

Thanks.

Why don't you try and tell us  ::):

Just made an account to reply to these posts, just in case anyone else has come this far looking for this answer as well. YES! It works totally fine as far as I can tell. I'm 15 hours in to this save with 140 other mods piled on top of it without a hitch.

Keywords: skyrim realistic overhaul 1.7, sro 1.7, project parallax, patch, compatability

#389 Rescorla

Rescorla

Prisoner

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:08 PM

All you need to do is right-click on the folder containing the "textures" folder (in this case the "data" folder) and choose to set it as the Data directory. Including extra folders like the data folder in the directory structure is a common mistake among mod authors so you should expect to run into it fairly often.

Thanks that worked

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accepted, mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users