Custom Modded Skyrim LOD

ShmooZ

Question

I am trying to figure out how I can generate custom LODs for stuff not covered by DynDOLOD...

Mountains, glaciers, architecture, landscape, and misc other objects...specifically for my mod list.

Not looking for LOD mods...trying to create my own.

If you know of any tutorials or can give me any pointers, I really would appreciate it.

Would like to get at least 1024px everything.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

The included DynDOLOD_Manual.html explains how to use DynDOLOD and DynDOLOD_Mod_Authors.html explains for mod authors how to create rules for both DynDOLOD/TexGen to make use of existing assets.

Creating assets like decimated/simplified LOD models requires actual manual labor in a program like 3ds Max or Blender. If I work with organic things like landscape I typically decimate a mesh first with build in tools and then touch it up by hand. For structures with flat surfaces I tend to work off the collision mesh as it usually already is a simplified hull.

UV should not tile. There is an Atlas script for 3D max that can automate that a bit, but I also use a special LODGen.exe mode, see ..\DynDOLOD\Docs\trees.ultra\tools\re-uv\re-uv.bat.