Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:50 AM

My specs:

Alienware 17

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4710MQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
16GB RAM

Windows 7, 64-bit

Integrated card: Intel® HD Graphics 4600

Dedicated card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M

With that out of the way... I'm having issues getting the ENBInjector to work with Mod Organiser. I'm not using the wrapper version because the d3d9.dll is a problem for me.

I have searched for quite a while (days) for a solution but I've found nothing that seems to be working. Nor am I new at modding. I've just begun the journey of starting fresh. (I couldn't tell you what I had working before. It's really been a couple of years before I've done anything with Skyrim.)

I'm currently testing on a new profile within MO to see if I can get the injector to work. I've put the injector into my Skyrim directory (which is not in Program Files), and have the appropriate .ini files set up for ENBoost. But that's when it gets weird.

I set up the injector as an executable within MO, but it only actually... well, injects, when I launch the Skyrim Launcher from MO. Launching TESV.exe directly will not work, neither will launching SKSE. This profile is, at the moment, entirely empty save for USLEEP, SkyUI, and iHud while I test this.

I was only able to get it to go this far by placing a shortcut to MO in my Skyrim directory and setting it as the first process the injector has to go through (as seen in the attached .ini).

So, to recap as concisely as possible:

-Profile in MO only has USLEEP loaded. No other mods at this time.

-ENBInjector launched from MO.

-Game detects the injector when I launch the Skyrim Loader, also from MO.

-Game does not detect injector when I launch TESV.exe from MO.

-Game does not detect injector when I launch SKSE from MO.

what do

Attached Files

#2 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Try running the injector outside of MO (not from the MO executable list). Then launch the game from MO using SKSE.

#3 Meeres

Meeres

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

Try running the injector outside of MO (not from the MO executable list). Then launch the game from MO using SKSE.

Still nothing. I made sure to run it as administrator as well, even though my account is an admin account and I turned off UAC.

#4 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Delete all the current logs in MO's log folder and retry with your options above and then paste the contents of the log folder here so we can see what MO is, or isn't, doing.

#5 Meeres

Meeres

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Delete all the current logs in MO's log folder and retry with your options above and then paste the contents of the log folder here so we can see what MO is, or isn't, doing.

Alright. I did it with as many options as possible, so it was too long to paste under a spoiler. This was the order:

-Launched injector outside of MO, launched SKSE

-Launched injector from MO, launched SKSE

-Removed skse_loader process from injector ini

-Launched injector outside of MO, launched TESV.exe

-Launched injector outside of MO, launched SkyrimLauncher.exe (this worked)

-Launched injector from MO, launched TESV.exe

-Launched injector from MO, launched SkyrimLauncher.exe (this worked)

I'm using .308 -- I can only assume that the appearance of the white copyright text for the enb series showing up during the game startup is how I know if it's working or not. If not then this is one silly venture, lol.

Attached Files

#6 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

I should have checked your INIs before I asked for your logs, you have the ENBInjector set up incorrectly. It should look like this:

[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=enbseries.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=skse_loader.exe
ProcessName1=tesv.exe
ProcessName2=SkyrimLauncher.exe
ProcessName3=
ProcessName4=
ProcessName5=
ProcessName6=
ProcessName7=
ProcessName8=
ProcessName9=
ProcessName10=
ProcessName11=
ProcessName12=
ProcessName13=
ProcessName14=
ProcessName15=

Run the Injector from MO, unlock MO by clicking the dialogue and then call the game by runing the SKSE from MO.

#7 Meeres

Meeres

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

I should have checked your INIs before I asked for your logs, you have the ENBInjector set up incorrectly. It should look like this:

[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=enbseries.dll

[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=skse_loader.exe
ProcessName1=tesv.exe
ProcessName2=SkyrimLauncher.exe
ProcessName3=
ProcessName4=
ProcessName5=
ProcessName6=
ProcessName7=
ProcessName8=
ProcessName9=
ProcessName10=
ProcessName11=
ProcessName12=
ProcessName13=
ProcessName14=
ProcessName15=

Run the Injector from MO, unlock MO by clicking the dialogue and then call the game by runing the SKSE from MO.

I edited the ini, but still had the same issue. Here's the log:

#8 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:58 PM

So you're saying ENB is not active when SKSE calls the game from MO? ie. the ENB messages are not shown during startup?

If that is the case then the issue lies outside of MO as this setup works perfectly for me.

Check your AV software to make sure it isn't interfering in the process of execution. Perhaps you may need to setup an exemption for it.

There is an anomaly in the order of your log process that I can't figure out.

This is how my log runs. Not the the position of the line where the hook is removed.

INFO (13:43:07.0083): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (13:43:07.0083): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (13:43:07.0083): Code page: 1252
INFO (13:43:07.0083): injecting to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ENBInjector.exe
INFO (13:43:07.0452): injection done
-------------------------------
INFO (13:43:18.0314): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (13:43:18.0314): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (13:43:18.0314): Code page: 1252
INFO (13:43:18.0314): injecting to D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe
INFO (13:43:18.0688): injection done
INFO (13:43:20.0920): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (13:43:20.0920): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (13:43:20.0920): Code page: 1252
INFO (13:43:20.0920): injecting to D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe
DEBUG (13:43:20.0922): hooks removed
----------- LOG END -----------

Note in yours the hooks are removed before TESV is called, why I don't know.

#9 Meeres

Meeres

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

So you're saying ENB is not active when SKSE calls the game from MO? ie. the ENB messages are not shown during startup?

If that is the case then the issue lies outside of MO as this setup works perfectly for me.

Check your AV software to make sure it isn't interfering in the process of execution. Perhaps you may need to setup an exemption for it.

There is an anomaly in the order of your log process that I can't figure out.

This is how my log runs. Not the the position of the line where the hook is removed.

INFO (13:43:07.0083): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (13:43:07.0083): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (13:43:07.0083): Code page: 1252
INFO (13:43:07.0083): injecting to D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ENBInjector.exe
INFO (13:43:07.0452): injection done
INFO (13:43:18.0314): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (13:43:18.0314): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (13:43:18.0314): Code page: 1252
INFO (13:43:18.0314): injecting to D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\skse_loader.exe
INFO (13:43:18.0688): injection done
INFO (13:43:20.0920): Windows 6.2 (workstation)
INFO (13:43:20.0920): hook.dll v2.7.5
INFO (13:43:20.0920): Code page: 1252
INFO (13:43:20.0920): injecting to D:\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\TESV.exe
DEBUG (13:43:20.0922): hooks removed
----------- LOG END -----------

Note in yours the hooks are removed before TESV is called, why I don't know.

I use Symantec. Does it commonly cause issues like this?

#10 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 10:53 PM

From a computer technician viewpoint, all the big name antiviruses are the worse to use. When computers come to me for malware issues they always have Norton, McAfee, Kaspersky, etc. running on them. I personally only use MS Security Essentials combined with browser-side protection.

Make sure the Skryim folder is in your exclusion list.

#11 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:01 AM

I use Symantec. Does it commonly cause issues like this?

Yes. In my experience these AV software packages cause more issue than good.

I'll backup @Tech's advice and say just use MSE and if you wish run the free version of MalwareBytes at regular intervals, say every other week of monthly.

In nearly 30 years of using a computer I've never been infected with anything despite using these basic tools, and their predecessors of course. Steer clear of AV software that requires a fee for functionality, freeware does it just as well.

#12 TechAngel85

TechAngel85

Akatosh

• Administrators
  • 12,058 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:55 AM

Another side note is to make sure you have the correct GPU listed in your SkyrimPrefs.ini. I've seen many users with laptops have the Intel Graphics listed rather than their dedicated GPU. This will not likely solve this issue, but it's something to look out for.

#13 Meeres

Meeres

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:10 AM

Yes. In my experience these AV software packages cause more issue than good.

I'll backup @Tech's advice and say just use MSE and if you wish run the free version of MalwareBytes at regular intervals, say every other week of monthly.

In nearly 30 years of using a computer I've never been infected with anything despite using these basic tools, and their predecessors of course. Steer clear of AV software that requires a fee for functionality, freeware does it just as well.

I took your advice and switched to these programs instead of Symantec -- still having the same problem. I also gave reinstalling MO a try, without any results. I added my Skyrim folder to their exclusion lists as well.

Another side note is to make sure you have the correct GPU listed in your SkyrimPrefs.ini. I've seen many users with laptops have the Intel Graphics listed rather than their dedicated GPU. This will not likely solve this issue, but it's something to look out for.

Yeah, I try to check that ini just about every time I try and start the game haha. It's definitely set to the right GPU.

This just keeps getting more and more bizarre to me.

#14 Meeres

Meeres

Prisoner

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:32 AM

So I don't know a whole lot about how to interpret things like the MO logs, but I just looked through the most recent one (injector through MO, then SKSE) and found this line:

tHpaXKc.png

This was in the section where it was injecting to the skse loader.

What comes to mind is the problem with the directory. There shouldn't be two backslashes before TESV.exe. I have no idea what could be the cause of that.

#15 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • 3,954 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:52 AM

No, that's fine. Same thing in my logs as well.

Look, let's re-evaluate the whole need to use the injector version. Why exactly can you not use the wrapper version?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enboost, mod organizer, enb, enbinjector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users