Photo

Semi-Automatic STEP (pt 2)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

Starting a new thread for discussing dev of the ACH-Thunderbolt-? application ...

How about simply listing some desired features as a starting point?
  • Interface with Semantic Web API to ingest SMW query results to generate a mod list
  • Automated download based on mod list (and all mod options) from Nexus server
  • Fully/semi-automated and manual archive unpack/repack functionality
  • Reg-exp-based, mass file-rename utility?
  • Ability to do the full task in a simple way with one or two clicks
Last step would be to install mods using favorite utility?

#2 Thac0

Thac0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Damn you, I was just about to redux all the information from the first thread into a new post. 

#3 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

Starting a new thread for discussing dev of the ACH-Thunderbolt-? application ...

• Interface with Semantic Web API to ingest SMW query results to generate a mod list

For the first item, we don't want the tool performing queries against the SMW API. It's too costly. It should be using config files that define what needs to be done, and allow users to either select one saved locally, or pull one from the website based on the latest version of the guide (pre-generated document).

#4 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

[quote name=''Thac0' pid='20229' dateline='1358315305']Damn you' date=' I was just about to redux all the information from the first thread into a new post. [/quote']
Go ahead and redux the stuff that jumps out at you here :P

Or you can go ahead and I'll move this OP to that thread.

#5 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

For the first item, we don't want the tool performing queries against the SMW API. It's too costly. It should be using config files that define what needs to be done, and allow users to either select one saved locally, or pull one from the website based on the latest version of the guide (pre-generated document).

Sure, that makes sense. I am really trying to say that we need to generate the list from the wiki, since it all exists there anyway.

#6 Thac0

Thac0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

I will, but I'm a bit burned out at the moment. That thread was super dense. NO MORE MEGA THREADS. Oh my god are you guys bad at just carrying on in the same thread for forever. -_- Oh, you've got PM by the way z.

#7 z929669

z929669

Ixian Inventor

• Administrators
  • 9,259 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

I will, but I'm a bit burned out at the moment. That thread was super dense. NO MORE MEGA THREADS. Oh my god are you guys bad at just carrying on in the same thread for forever. -_-

Oh, you've got PM by the way z.

Oh ... not using code vault anymore. Too limited. However, s4n and Farlo have talked about setting up a Github or something. Farlo was going on about a project management system his dad uses... something like Fossil? :?

#8 Thac0

Thac0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

Wait, there's a mumble server?

#9 Farlo

Farlo

Dragon Prince

• Site Founders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

[quote='z929669' pid='20242' dateline='1358318678']
[quote='Thac0' pid='20236' dateline='1358316812']I will, but I'm a bit burned out at the moment. That thread was super dense. NO MORE MEGA THREADS. Oh my god are you guys bad at just carrying on in the same thread for forever. -_-

Oh, you've got PM by the way z.[/quote]
Oh ... not using code vault anymore. Too limited. However, s4n and Farlo have talked about setting up a Github or something. Farlo was going on about a project management system his dad uses... something like Fossil? :?[/quote]
Yeah, it was Fossil, but that's more of a bugtracker and documentation system with a built-in Wiki.
[quote name=''Thac0' pid='20243' dateline='1358319441']Wait' date=' there's a mumble server?[/quote']
For us there is :P  Not sure how many resources Stopping can devote to the server or who's going to be let on, I'll leave that up to Stopping since it's his server.

#10 Thac0

Thac0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

[quote='Farlo' pid='20252' dateline='1358324359']
[quote name=''z929669' pid='20242' dateline='1358318678']Oh ... not using code vault anymore. Too limited. However' date=' s4n and Farlo have talked about setting up a Github or something. Farlo was going on about a project management system his dad uses... something like Fossil? :?[/quote']
Yeah, it was Fossil, but that's more of a bugtracker and documentation system with a built-in Wiki.[/quote]

I have a spare TFS Server license sitting around, but I'm not sure that may be the best way forward. Still got to do some catching up and see what my suggestion for the best way forward would be. There a plethora of tools for collaboration and they each have their strengths. 

#11 stoppingby4now

stoppingby4now

Sleepy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,281 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

[quote='Thac0' pid='20255' dateline='1358329111']
[quote='Farlo' pid='20252' dateline='1358324359']
[quote name=''z929669' pid='20242' dateline='1358318678']Oh ... not using code vault anymore. Too limited. However' date=' s4n and Farlo have talked about setting up a Github or something. Farlo was going on about a project management system his dad uses... something like Fossil? :?[/quote']
Yeah, it was Fossil, but that's more of a bugtracker and documentation system with a built-in Wiki.[/quote]

I have a spare TFS Server license sitting around, but I'm not sure that may be the best way forward. Still got to do some catching up and see what my suggestion for the best way forward would be. There a plethora of tools for collaboration and they each have their strengths. [/quote]
We are using Mumble and TeamViewer (desktop sharing) when we have meetings (mumble not open to the public). Free solutions are good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users