BethINI

D1Z4STR

I would say yes. According to its author it fixes/corrects many wrong entries in the INIs.

For me the best features are the automatic backups and the option to set up the files differently for each MO user, thus allowing to work around a bit and find the best configuration for your system.

Since Bethini removes erroneous tweaks and generally makes the game more stable I would say not using it in the F&L guide would be a mistake.

Since your using it with a guide I'm going to assume that it's on a brand new save since half of Bethini's settings won't work on an old saved game due to the way that Bethesda games bake some if not most/all ini settings into your save game.

The FO3 INI guide says under initial INI tweaks:

"Open Mod Organizer then disable Automatic Archive Validation by clicking the profile button at top, highlighting your profile(s), and unchecking the Automatic Archive Invalidation checkbox." Is this something I should always leave unchecked? Or do I need to re-check it after im done editing the INI?

Never mind above I just need to continue to read. I do have a question now. Now that I have got the ini's straight and set to read only. When I eventually run the game and change key configs is that going to be a problem since the ini's are read only? Do i need to remove the read only?

Edited by D1Z4STR

The material in the FO3 guide on BethINI was originally taken from a STEP guide for spINI. The FO3 instructions were changed to use BethINI since it replaces fINIp 3. The BethINI instructions on Nexus are simpler than those from fINIp 3, so parts of the FO3 instructions need editing. I don't, for example, see any comments about changing ArchiveInvalidation in the current BethINI instructions so this should not be necessary. It's still a good idea to change the INI files to read only once the INI files have been configured. I'm not sure whether BethINI does any tweaking on the FO3 or FNV INI files; I'll have to check this.