Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

Neovalen

I think the 1080 is boutique already. Imho 500$ is a lot of money to spend on a GPU that will fall of significantly when the next generation arrives.

Generally speaking, the Ti series of cards is equivalent to the next generation of cards initial release and thus hold value fairly well for a high end card anyway.

The 780ti is the perfect counter example. At launch, it beat the partner 290s handily. Today, they are on par. Pricing was 350$ vs 700$. That card aged like Charlie Sheen.

Nvidia caught up a little, their architecture is not as far behind as it used to be. But I wouldn't expect those cards to age well either. Not 700$ well at least.

I know you are the enthusiast who likes to stay on the current gen GPUs and who enjoys top end performance and I think you should. But such cards really are not an 'economic' investment (as far as that can be said about gaming hardware anyway).

Edited by Spock

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spock: It's also true to say that consoles drive the fidelity we see in games whether some like to admit that or not. In my opinion, you'd be much better off getting a new GPU after Scorpio hits at the end of the year. Regardless if they are putting that into 4k or not, multi-platform developers will have more bells and whistles to add for sure. I think if you want the very best visuals for years to come, early-late 2018 cards are my bet.

Edited by Guest

Got my replacement 1080Ti last night, man this things chews up my entire game library like it was nothing. Loving it! I can't imagine this card being stressed at 1600p/60 for a long time to come.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk