Huge stuttering

croc

Question

I have just installed Dyndolod for the first time, essentially.  (I have not really played Skyrim for these past two years...)

Now, I followed GamerPoet's video to the letter, so I think that it is installed correctly.  But, when running, I get stutters. bad stutters.  say, .1 sec. stutter every few seconds type of stutter, but the interval is random.  It does NOT seem to be related to cell boundaries.  Note that this is ONLY when running (Only noticeable when running?).  The area that I used for this first test was from Riverwood gates, almost, to the standing stones.  Y'know, past the three wolves.... 

I have just started modding this instance f Skyrim, so only have a few mods installed.  37, NMM tells me, and about a dozen that might have LOD

I am also using an old version of realvision, the one with an option C. Fantasy (full).  This uses SweetFX, and is a bit of an FPS chewer in its own right, but before I did my Dyndolod install (but after I had all the mods installed that I was going to have LOD generated for) I was getting 40-50 FPS pretty consistantly, no stutters.

(Whew!  Didn't mean to write a book!)  Any suggestions?  Other than 'start over', that is...

3 answers to this question

Your game is either overloaded and/or the settings and setup are not optimal for your hardware/OS. Follow a guide to setup ENBoost, SKSE Memory patch or crash fix UseOSAllocators, BethINIs, mind the 4GB VRAM limit in Windows 10. All the basic things that need to be done to set up a proper game before starting to add mods. Then see 'Performance' section in the manual.

I have just done some more testing - It seems that it is my old ENB/SweetFX setup that is having issues with performance ATM.  (I dropped back to ENBoost only, and no stutters.  Also no performance hit.)  I had been testing with my ENB after every set of mods, and the testing that I did prior to running dyndoolod LOD generation and the dyndolod process itself were just fine, if a bit low on the FPS scale(`40-50).  So for now I guess that I'll have to forgo dyndolod until I upgrade my GPU.  My old Kepler based titan is getting long in the tooth.

Saying that, my performance is not THAT bad, even though with everything as is now (stuttering and all) it seldom falls into the 30's.  And it is not necessarily stuttering when the performance drops that low.  I do have ugridstoload set to 7, might drop that back... 

Right.  What can anyone tell me about dyndolod and SweetFX?

There is no technical connection between ENBs/SweetFx and DynDOLOD. ENBs/SweetFX modify image space. DynDOLOD does LOD which is models/textures in the game. Those are two different things.

If the ENB/SweetFX setup is too taxing for your setup, you should adjust their settings. Make sure that ENBoost is re-adjusted with every new ENB. Especially ReservedMemorySizeMb which can be changed in real time in the game to any value while checking its impact.

Use the ENB "profiler" to keep an eye on VRAM usage. Reduce texture quality if limits are exceeded.

Using higher uGrids than 5 is not recommended for a stable play-through. It can easily cost more FPS than DynDOLOD on high - depending on location.

Edited by sheson