DynDOLOD doesn't open, just gives me an "invisible" window.

TheCashman

Question

I'm having a problem with DynDOLOD that I can't seem to find any information on at all. I'm not sure if it's a problem specifically with DynDOLOD itself or something I have to fix outside of the program, but any help would be appreciated.

Whenever I try to open DynDOLOD or TexGen, nothing happens. I see an icon in the taskbar ("Taking your firstborn") but nothing ever shows up. I also am unable to close the window in this state, and I have to open the Task Manager to close it.

I've used DynDOLOD in the past with no problems. Both Skyrim and TES5Edit open and run perfectly fine through Mod Organizer and outside of it, but none of the DynDOLOD applications work for me. I'm also not getting any error logs, save for one I got a few days ago that was related to a different issue that I think I've fixed.

Any help on this issue would be great.

Just in case it's important, my specs:

AMD FX-8350

GeForce GTX 970 4GB

8GB RAM

Edited by TheCashman

6 answers to this question

What is the installation path and what windows version and language are you using?

Are you using MO to start DynDOLOD/TexGen? What happens when you start directly?

Is it the same for the x64 versions?

It's installed on a hard drive, D:\Skyrim Modding\Programs\DynDOLOD. I'm using Windows 10 (have been for a while, again, never any problems before.) and I'm in the U.S. so English.

I've tried running DynDOLOD and TexGen both in and out of MO and I get the same results. I also get the same results with the x64 bit versions.

I'm such a ******, I solved it. I wasn't running Mod Organizer (or the DynDOLOD executables) in Administrator mode. Just had to make that quick switch and I'm good to go.

Thanks for taking time to help though sheson, much appreciated. Keep up the amazing work.

Hey, sorry to bump but I am also having this problem. First time using DynDOLOD, wanted to use it to generate lod for a custom worldspace, but I didn't even get that far. Exactly as TheCashman described, my DynDOLOD window opens but is invisible, except running it as an administrator does nothing for me. Both the 32 and 64 bit versions, from mod organizer and opening it directly, in the data folder and in a separate folder on my hard drive, the window is seemingly active but invisible. This program seems super cool and I am frustrated that I am being fought by it so hard directly out the gate lol

Still happens after reboot?

Antivir/UAC?

Anything in windows event log?

What is the "seperate" folder?

Does latest xEdit work without problems?

Does c:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Skyrim\DynDOLOD_settings.ini exist? Any changes changes deleting that file?

Does it work while holding shift when starting it?