Advanced Recon Merge

thelastbeluga

Question

Hi Everyone,

So I am relatively new to modding so apologies if this is an easy question. After finishing the merge of the Advanced Recon files (and finishing everything in the guide for that merge like moving around .esps) am I able to uncheck the previous Advanced Recon mods in order to lower plugin count. I know I was able to do this after merging the Cut Content and Tweaks and Fixes merged file (unchecking all plugins that were merged) however the guide gave instructions to do so and there were none present this time.

Thanks in advance for the assitance

3 answers to this question

After finishing the merge of the Advanced Recon files (and finishing everything in the guide for that merge like moving around .esps) am I able to uncheck the previous Advanced Recon mods in order to lower plugin count. I know I was able to do this after merging the Cut Content and Tweaks and Fixes merged file

Hi there.

The answer to your questions is: do not untick any merged mods on the left pane of MO unless specifically instructed to. To reduce the plugin count of Advanced Recon Merges follow the instructions provided in the FNLE guide:

1. Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "Detect Traps - Perk.esp" and "Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.
  2. In the left pane of MO, double click Advanced Recon Range Finder.
  3. Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "Advanced Recon Range Finder.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.
  4. In the left pane of MO, double click Advanced Recon Thermal Nightvision.
  5. Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "Advanced Recon Gear.esp" and "Advanced Recon Tech.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.
  6. In the left pane of MO, double click Advanced Recon Stealth Armor.
  7. Now go to the "Optional ESPs" tab and move the "Advanced Recon Armor.esp" to the Optional ESPs box.

As a rule of thumb, whenever you merge mods with the "Copy General Assets" ticked, you can safely untick the mods after the merger is complete. Whenever you merge mods with the "Copy General Assets" unticked, you do not disable the mod on the left pane of MO, but you move its .esps to  "Optional ESPs" in order to reduce the count.

You can use "Copy General Assets" (ticked) only when mergin small mods wihich add no additional recources (like meshes, textures, BSAs) to the game.

• +1 1