33 replies to this topic

#1 sheson

sheson

Dragon Lord

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

DynDOLOD 2.22/2.23/2.24 condensed update post | Full Update Post | Skyrim Special Edition

What’s New?

This update includes general performance and stability improvements for DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe and LODGen.exe. See change log below for more info.

There is no need to update LOD generated by earlier versions just because the tools have been updated. See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

TexGen.exe now offers changing the texture output formats for advanced users. Leave at default for typical use. To change the texture format of the texture atlases created by DynDOLOD.exe edit its INIs. See docs\DynDOLOD_TexGen.html for more info.

DynDOLOD.exe and LODGen.exe now offer to generate LOD Level 32 static object LOD without billboard trees, which can be used for the map. See docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html for more info.

All tools have been updated to support Skyrim SE. This is in beta and limited for obvious and well known reasons. It should only be used by experienced DynDOLOD users. See docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html for more info. It explains the key differences and similarities, as well as the new features introduced by Skyrim SE and its bugs/problems.

Skyrim

Mods Requiring DynDOLOD
Enhanced Landscapes - Winter Edition - Includes billboards and LOD textures that need to overwrite vanilla billboards and DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files textures. If LOD textures are generated with TexGen.exe, they should always overwrite everything else.
Winter Aspen Billboards

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures
Helarchen Creek
Realistic Boat Bobbing
Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees - Billboards
Dragon Bridge

DynDOLOD 2.24 - Download from Mega, Nexus

DynDOLOD Resources 2.22 for Skyrim - Download from Mega, Nexus

DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.22 for Skyrim SE - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Patches 2.23 for Skyrim - Download from Mega, Nexus

Changelog DynDOLOD 2.22

Changelog DynDOLOD 2.23

Changelog DynDOLOD 2.24

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.21

Skryim typos may be intentional as long as Skyrim SE has severe visual and game breaking bugs

Edited by sheson, 20 March 2017 - 03:17 PM.

#2 alt3rn1ty

alt3rn1ty

Thane

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Congratulations on the release  :thumbsup:

Will adapt my guide a bit with the -SSE info

Its working really well with Simply Bigger Trees SE ( and its Billboards )

Edited by alt3rn1ty, 10 March 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#3 Turija

Turija

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

It looks like there may be a conflict between the new 2.22 version and Warburgs Paper Map (using the 32 bit version with Oldrim). It appears the new version of Dybdolod is generating files that mess up the paper map, making it look more colorful than paper with no text or roads on the map and the map markers floating high above the land. Reverting to Dyndolod 2.18 (the version I was using previously) seems to have resolved the issue.

Anyway, I just thought I'd point that out. Thanks for all your work on this wonderful mod!

#4 Pherim

Pherim

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:52 AM

I just re-generated DynDOLOD with 2.22 and discovered that the generated textures are all uncompressed now, which was not the case before. Is this intentional? The output textures folder is now seven times the size it was before.

Edited by Pherim, 12 March 2017 - 04:59 AM.

#5 sheson

sheson

Dragon Lord

• Mod Authors
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

Ah somehow I left my test settings (again) in the INI. Will upload new version soon. Fixed in 2.23.

Open INI with notepad ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_TES5.ini

It looks like there may be a conflict between the new 2.22 version and Warburgs Paper Map (using the 32 bit version with Oldrim). It appears the new version of Dybdolod is generating files that mess up the paper map, making it look more colorful than paper with no text or roads on the map and the map markers floating high above the land. Reverting to Dyndolod 2.18 (the version I was using previously) seems to have resolved the issue.

Anyway, I just thought I'd point that out. Thanks for all your work on this wonderful mod!

Change Level32=1 to 0 before next generation.

Right now you can simply delete all files for level 32 ..\Meshes\Terrain\Tamriel\Objects\Tamriel.32.*.*.bto

I just re-generated DynDOLOD with 2.22 and discovered that the generated textures are all uncompressed now, which was not the case before. Is this intentional? The output textures folder is now seven times the size it was before.

Change all formats to 200

StaticLODDiffuseFormat=200
StaticLODNormalFormat=200
TreeLODDiffuseFormat=200
TreeLODNormalFormat=200

You can then just update the texture atlas as explained in 'Update Texture Atlas' section in DynDOLOD_TexGen.html

Edited by sheson, 12 March 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#6 Pherim

Pherim

Prisoner

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:29 AM

Thank you!

#7 Turija

Turija

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

Awesome. Thanks!

#8 Mebantiza

Mebantiza

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

The 2.23 archive does not seem to be extracting properly. I can see all its usual content inside, but when I unpack it, I only get 

Docs

Edit Scripts

Logs

Quickstart

Winrar 5.4

#9 sheson

sheson

Dragon Lord

• Mod Authors
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

The 2.23 archive does not seem to be extracting properly. I can see all its usual content inside, but when I unpack it, I only get 

Docs
Edit Scripts
Logs

Quickstart

Winrar 5.4

I suggest to use a different program to unpack the 7z archive. http://www.7-zip.org/7z.html

Edited by sheson, 12 March 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#10 Mebantiza

Mebantiza

Guard

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

I suggest to use a different program to unpack the 7z archive. http://www.7-zip.org/7z.html

Thats all well and fine, I have long used 7zip for packing mods, and am aware of its existence ty, and win-rar for general use. 2.22, unpacked just fine with winrar....

Edited by Mebantiza, 12 March 2017 - 05:04 PM.

#11 sheson

sheson

Dragon Lord

• Mod Authors
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:25 PM

Thats all well and fine, I have long used 7zip for packing mods, and am aware of its existence ty, and win-rar for general use. 2.22, unpacked just fine with winrar....

Then I suggest to re download the archive. I tested the Nexus download earlier and it worked fine. Just tested the mega download and it works fine as well.

I suggest to at least test with the native 7z program if the problem persists.

Edited by sheson, 12 March 2017 - 06:31 PM.

#12 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

Hey there. So happy to see DynDOLOD for SSE. I'm having a problem though. When creating LODs with high settings using Billboards, using a folder outside of MO everything works fine, LODs look great inside game. But when I follow your instructions to create 3D/Ultra trees LODs, I'm getting the "LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working" errors. I RTFM and I think I'm doing everything right. Any idea what could be causing this?

Edited by Shredy777, 16 March 2017 - 10:23 AM.

#13 druninja

druninja

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hey there. So happy to see DynDOLOD for SSE. I'm having a problem though. When creating LODs with high settings using Billboards, using a folder outside of MO everything works fine, LODs look great inside game. But when I follow your instructions to create 3D/Ultra trees LODs, I'm getting the "LODGeneratorCMD has stopped working" errors. I RTFM and I think I'm doing everything right. Any idea what could be causing this?

are you using enhanced vanilla trees? I was getting problems but I redownloaded it and reinstalled and it stopped giving me problems

#14 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:16 PM

are you using enhanced vanilla trees? I was getting problems but I redownloaded it and reinstalled and it stopped giving me problems

Nope, not using that.

#15 sheson

sheson

Dragon Lord

• Mod Authors
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:59 PM

Take a screenshot of the LODGen command prompt, the white text on black window. Bring it to the foreground by clicking its icon. Also post/upload DynDOLOD.log and any other LODGen log if there are any.

Edited by sheson, 16 March 2017 - 01:00 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, skyrim, skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users