Dynamic Distant Objects LOD - DynDOLOD 2.27

sheson

Question

A newer version of DynDOLOD is available

DynDOLOD 2.22/2.23/2.24/2.25/2.26/2.27 minor version update post | Major version update Post | Skyrim Special Edition

What’s New?

This update includes general performance and stability improvements for DynDOLOD.exe, TexGen.exe and LODGen.exe. See change log below for more info.

There is no need to update LOD generated by earlier versions just because the tools have been updated. See Full update post for 2.xx update instructions

TexGen.exe now offers changing the texture output formats for advanced users. Leave at default for typical use. To change the texture format of the texture atlases created by DynDOLOD.exe edit its INIs. See docs\DynDOLOD_TexGen.html for more info.

DynDOLOD.exe and LODGen.exe now offer to generate LOD Level 32 static object LOD without billboard trees, which can be used for the map. See docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html for more info.

All tools have been updated to support Skyrim SE. This is in beta and limited for obvious and well known reasons. It should only be used by experienced DynDOLOD users. See docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html for more info. It explains the key differences and similarities, as well as the new features introduced by Skyrim SE and its bugs/problems.

Skyrim

Mods Requiring DynDOLOD

Enhanced Landscapes - Winter Edition - Includes billboards and LOD textures that need to overwrite vanilla billboards and DynDOLOD Resources - Core Files textures. If LOD textures are generated with TexGen.exe, they should always overwrite everything else.

Winter Aspen Billboards

Verified working out of the box - added/updated meshes and/or textures

Helarchen Creek

Realistic Boat Bobbing

Skysight - Simply Bigger Trees - Billboards

Dragon Bridge

DynDOLOD 2.26 - Download from Mega | DynDOLOD 2.26 - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Resources 2.22 for Skyrim - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Resources SE 2.22 for Skyrim SE - Download from Mega

DynDOLOD Patches 2.23 for Skyrim - Download from Mega

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.22]

General performance and stability improvements - for real

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed sometimes using wrong glow LOD when using original LOD assignments

DynDOLOD.exe - added RemoveUnseenZShift to ini for same setting in LODGen.exe export file

DynDOLOD.exe - added Level32 switch to ini for same switch in LODGen.exe export file, see docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

DynDOLOD.exe - added FlatLODVertexColor to ini to set vertex color of flat LOD, see docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

DynDOLOD.exe - added FlatLODColorVariance to ini to randomly change vertex color of flat LOD, see docs\trees.ultra\DynDOLOD-Trees.html

DynDOLOD.exe - added StaticLODDiffuseFormat, StaticLODNormalFormat, TreeLODDiffuseFormat and TreeLODNormalFormat to ini to set texture atlas formats

DynDOLOD.exe - added TreeLODAverageColor to ini to replace black transparent parts of billboards with the average tree color - works only with alpha channel output formats

DynDOLOD.exe - added TreeLODBackgroundTexture to ini to replace black transparent parts of billboards with a texture - works only with alpha channel output formats

DynDOLOD.exe - shrink normal map texture atlas to 4x4 pixels if all pixels are identical

DynDOLOD.exe - added beta support for SSE, start with -SSE command line argument

DynDOLOD.exe - added a check to verify DynDOLOD Resources for the current game mode are installed

TexGen.exe - sync updates with DynDOLOD.exe

TexGen.exe - added output format options for diffuse and normal textures

TexGen.exe - fixed cases of not consequently using lowercase for comparisons

TexGen.exe - added generation for riftenstonewall02lod.dds

TexGen.exe - added generation for tundradriftwoodbark01lod.dds

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of rubblepilelod.dds

TexGen.exe - fixed generation of fxdirtmound01lod.dds

TexGen.exe - removed the need for temp files in game data folder

TexGen.exe - added beta support for SSE, start with -SSE command line argument

TexGen.exe - added fallback to Texconv.exe for reading in case DDS format is not natively supported

Texconv.exe - new - custom silent version, prints errors only

LODGen.exe - added support reading SSE LOD nif

LODGen.exe - added export Mode=SSE

LODGen.exe - added support for BSA version 0x69

LODGen.exe - added lz4 decompression

LODGen.exe - added GameMode=textureslist to generate a list of textures with UV in between atlas tolerance

LODGen.exe - added command line parameter gamemode to overwrite gamemode in export file

LODGen.exe - updated lz4 package to latest version

LODGen.exe - better error message in case required Redistributable is missing

LODGen.exe - added Level32=True, uses *.nif from LOD level 16 if 4th entry is not set to create LOD Level 32 bto

LODGen.exe - added RemoveUnseenZShift=[float] to adjust terrain height when removing unseen faces

LODGen.exe - added vertex color support for flat LOD, column 8 and 9 in FlatTextures file

LODGen.exe - some minor speed improvements and clean up

LODGen.exe - use assembly version in log

DynDOLOD_Manual.html - all docs updated for new game mode

DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html - new

DynDOLOD-Shortcut.txt - new

DynDOLOD-Trees.html - added info about static object LOD level 32 for map

DynDOLOD-Trees.html - added info for vertex colors for 2D tree LOD in static LOD for Skyrim SE

DynDOLOD Resources - updated/added meshes/textures for better compatibility with mods

DynDOLOD Resources SE - new - meshes in new Skyrim SE format - removed options/assets that currently do not apply to Skyrim SE

DynDOLOD Patches - fixed a typo in Wizard.txt

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.23]

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed some default INI settings

DynDOLOD Patches - update Beyond Reach billboards to be also for arnima.esm

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.24]

DynDOLOD.exe - check LODGen log and write result to DynDOLOD log, so it is more obvious if something went wrong

LODGen.exe - fixed error reading BSTriShapes with no vertices/triangles

LODGen.exe - apply UVScale and UVOffset shader values to model before merging

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.25]

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed a memory corruption sometimes causing nasty things

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed an error trying to check a non existing LODGen log

LODGen.exe - fixed FO4 export mode not working correctly

LODGen.exe - updated lz4 package and supporting libraries to latest version

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.26]

LODGen.exe - fixed a crash caused by a missing serialization

[spoiler=Changelog DynDOLOD 2.27]

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed trying to check LODGen logfile after wait times out

DynDOLOD.exe - fixed not reading billboard txt file from BSA

LODGen.exe - updated lz4 package and supporting libraries to latest version

LODGen.exe - fixed sometimes not reading BA2 files correctly

See Full update post for full changelog, fully detailed update instructions and updated compatibility information for Skyrim mods.

DynDOLOD 2.21

Skryim typos may be intentional as long as Skyrim SE has severe visual and game breaking bugs

• +1 1

Hey Sheson.

I just wanted to say thank you for all the amazing work you do to improve Skyrim, Skyrim SE.

I finally took the leap and installed ultra trees for Skyrim SE and WOW! The improvement is quite breathtaking!

Couldn't help myself......had to make a showcase video (link below). I want people to see why they NEED this. Hope I did DynDOLOD and ultra trees some justice.

You can do what you like with the video, no need for permission.

Thanks again, cheers!

Looks great. Thanks.

Allright, after some tree testing with a minimal setup (~50 esps, mostly fixes, no textures except for Vivid Landscapes, no environment mods except for Realistic Water Two, Verdant and Skyrim High Definition LODs) I observed the following:

DynDOLOD 2.24 (no ini-edits, all lands, high preset, candles checked, max tile size 2048, everything else on default)

Vanilla Trees + Indistinguishable Vanilla Tree Billboards = No crashes

Vanilla Trees + Vanilla Skyrim LOD Billboards (taken from TES5LODGen) = No crashes

Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.5b + Skyrim Flora Overhaul 2.5b Billboards = Crashed first (LODGenCMD stopped working), worked on 2nd try

Skyrim Flora Overhaul 1.87 + Skyrim Flora Overhaul 1.87 Billboards = Crashed first, then replaced LODGen.exe and LODGen64.exe with your 1.10 version and tried again. Now froze during process the first time but worked the second time.

Skysight Simply Better Trees + Skysight Simply Better Trees Billboards (taken from TES5LODGen) = Crashed three times in a row, not working yet. MO gave me a crashlog of the last crash but I just realized it was deleted while I was writing these lines. Will post it as soon as it reappears.

Continued testing...

Skysight Simply Better Trees + Skysight Simply Better Trees Billboards (taken from TES5LODGen) = One more crash, unfortunately without MO error, then gave it up. Will try to reproduce earlier error when I'm done with the rest.

Caribou Gone Non Replacer Version + respective billboards = No crashes

Distinct Skyrim Landscapes (billboards included) = No crashes

Skyrim Landscape Overhaul (billboards included) = Two freezes during 'generating atlas textures' without LODGenCMD.exe running, not working so far

Different *.dds billboard files should not really matter for LODGen.exe as it doesn't read them.

Allright. I thought they were somehow important as DynDOLOD doesn't work if billboards are missing. Thought there could be faulty billboards or something as crashes seem to be very dependent on which tree/landscape mod is active while generating.

If LODGen crashes only sometimes and randomly without a descriptive error message in its command prompt window, make sure CPU cooling, memory timings, overclocking settings etc. are not the cause.

CPU is on stock clock and stock voltage

CPU temperature with turbo clock and Prime95 running at 100% on 12 threads in 'In-place large FFTs' mode stays below 65°C

RAM (DDR3 2133) is currently running on conserative default timings @1600MHz

Board is relatively new and doesn't show any signs of damage

SSD is reserved for Skyrim alone and doesn't show any signs of damage

System didn't have any bluescreens or other crashes since it was installed

Try lighten the workload by only generating LOD for a single workspace.

I will try that specifically for the SFO, SSBT and SDL after testing the rest of the bunch.

/edit

Duh, I've just realized the Tcase for my 3930K is 66.8°C. Sorry if I should have stolen your time and all my problems came from my CPU running into its temp limit. I'm reading alot about people running it at 70°C and above and I'm pretty sure there's nothing pushing the temps as much as Prime95 and theoretically, instead of producing errors, the CPU should just reduce its clock a bit when hitting the limits - still, this will be the first thing I'm gonna test now.

Edited by elwaps

Allright, after setting all fans to 'turbo' I went down 5-6°C on 100% load and now never surpass 60°C.

I immediately re-ran Skyrim Landscape Overhaul and the results (randomly?) changed.

Now, if I run the generation, there are no 'stopped working' errors but instead the TES5Edit script runs until its end but finishes with a 'line 390' error.

When you check the CMD-window it seems to be stuck at generating objects for dlc2solstheim world, if you click the window it will crash.

This is what Mod Organizer gave me afterwards:

DEBUG (19:49:21.0070): hooks removed
----------- LOG END -----------
DEBUG (20:00:44.0500): hooks removed
INFO (20:00:44.0523): Windows Exception (c0000005). Last hooked call: int __stdcall GetFileAttributesExW_rep(const wchar_t *,enum _GET_FILEEX_INFO_LEVELS,void *)
ERROR (20:00:44.0523): This is a critical error, the application will probably crash now.
INFO (20:00:44.0558): Windows Exception (c0000005). Origin: "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscordacwks.dll" (58a156ef). Last hooked call: int __stdcall GetFileAttributesExW_rep(const wchar_t *,enum _GET_FILEEX_INFO_LEVELS,void *)
ERROR (20:00:44.0564): Crash dump created as C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\ModOrganizer\hook.dll.dmp. Please send this file to the developer of MO
DEBUG (20:01:00.0089): hooks removed
----------- LOG END -----------
So it seems to be a Mod Organizer related crash? Or could it help to just reinstall NET?

To sum it up, I currently got about three different errors:

- 'line 390 End of file' happening at the end of the generation process with Skyrim Landscape Overhaul, giving me the error seen above

- freezing at generating atlas textures happening after about 3 minutes with Skyrim Landscape Overhaul, disappeared since increasting CPU cooling (coincidence?)

- crashing LODGenCMD.exe happening during generation of Tamriel world happening with both versions of Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Skysight, occasional errors (couldn't copy one so far)

To sum it up, I currently got about three different errors:

- 'line 390 End of file' happening at the end of the generation process with Skyrim Landscape Overhaul, giving me the error seen above

- freezing at generating atlas textures happening after about 3 minutes with Skyrim Landscape Overhaul, disappeared since increasting CPU cooling (coincidence?)

- crashing LODGenCMD.exe happening during generation of Tamriel world happening with both versions of Skyrim Flora Overhaul and Skysight, occasional errors (couldn't copy one so far)

You can ignore 'line 390 End of file' happening in DynDOLOD.exe, it is a result of LODGen.exe not completing correctly.

Use this testversion of DynDOLOD to see if it works better.  Edit: See if version 2.26 works any better for you.

If it still freezes edit DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_[TES5|SSE].ini with notepad and change FasterBase=0 and/or FasterCreate=0

Post logfiles and/or a screenshot from LODGen.exe with an error message. Bring the command prompt window to the front right after it spawned.

If you change the INI setting Export=1 you can restart just LODGen.exe for already processed worldspaces by changing the world dropdown and then clicking the Execute LODGen.exe button.

Again - if LODGen.exe crashes only sometimes with the exact same settings it is hardware or OS problem outside the scope of LODGen. You could try running outside of MO, but with MO 32 bit it is usually the same as well. You either always have the same problem or never. Same with programs installed into Program Files and UAC kicking in for example.

Edited by sheson

As always, thanks for DynDOLOD!  The last few builds have been issue-free for me.  2.25 is giving me the following but it SEEMS to finish anyway:

https://imgur.com/U8ncZD4

Edit: Normally, I select All Worlds on High.  I was able to reproduce the crash if I just check the DLC01 Falmer Valley.  All of the other worlds have logs with info except DLC01 Falmer Valley.

Edited by hobo1137

As always, thanks for DynDOLOD!  The last few builds have been issue-free for me.  2.25 is giving me the following but it SEEMS to finish anyway:

Edit: Normally, I select All Worlds on High.  I was able to reproduce the crash if I just check the DLC01 Falmer Valley.  All of the other worlds have logs with info except DLC01 Falmer Valley.

Edit: I have a hunch. See if using this LODGen.exe works better. Just replace file in Edit Scripts.

If you could scroll up the command prompt window to the start of the error trace and make a screenshot that would help.

Please upload/post contents of

..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_DLC01FalmerValley.txt

..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_atlas_map_dlc01falmervalley.txt

Edited by sheson

I was testing out the new version using StepperUpper, and I got what I suspect is the crash that others are reporting.

Installing with 2.25 vanilla, I get this console output at dlc01falmervalley (includes stack trace): https://gist.github.com/airbreather/23b053366307b27184b1b91ce9d48e1f.

Replacing the LODGen*.exe files with what you posted, looks like your hunch was right.  No crash, terminates successfully.  Using my evil .NET developer tools to look through what you changed, I see that the type identified in the stack trace was changed exactly how I would have tried changing it if I had had that stack trace in front of me.

Just to close the loop, you also asked for a couple of files.  I doubt that you'll need them after all, but I've posted them here anyway: https://gist.github.com/airbreather/baaa6d4ab88caa871e5e72958cdc23e6.

I was testing out the new version using StepperUpper, and I got what I suspect is the crash that others are reporting.

Installing with 2.25 vanilla, I get this console output at dlc01falmervalley (includes stack trace): https://gist.github.com/airbreather/23b053366307b27184b1b91ce9d48e1f.

Replacing the LODGen*.exe files with what you posted, looks like your hunch was right.  No crash, terminates successfully.  Using my evil .NET developer tools to look through what you changed, I see that the type identified in the stack trace was changed exactly how I would have tried changing it if I had had that stack trace in front of me.

Just to close the loop, you also asked for a couple of files.  I doubt that you'll need them after all, but I've posted them here anyway: https://gist.github.com/airbreather/baaa6d4ab88caa871e5e72958cdc23e6.

Thanks a lot for verifying! Will push update ASAP.

• +1 1

Just tested DynDOLOD 2.25 with LODGen.exe 1.20 with Enhanced Vanilla Trees 1.6.9 and Enhanced Landscapes 1.4 using TreeLOD=0, all worldspaces at once, candles option checked, max tile size 2048 and the rest at default.

Worked flawlessly. And looks great. :)

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that I sometimes still got visible 'LOD' to full 3D model transitions (for example approaching the forest south of Dawnstar when coming from Dawnstar and the small tree groups near Whiterun when coming from the meadery) aswell as very visible flickering during transition (for example when entering Dragonbridge coming from Solitude).

I got videos of both effects, they occur with Enhanced Landscapes aswell as without it. I could upload them if those effects aren't indended/known (as in 'can't be fixed due to engine limitations').

I also sometimes get trees not being fully loaded when I quickly change viewing direction, you can clearly see them being drawn and shadowed. Doesn't seem to be connected to tree density, also happened outside Whiterun.

2marshtomorthal10enha56ubm.png3solitudetodragonbridyduhk.png9half-moonmilltofalkrwiuhp.png

Edited by elwaps

Just tested DynDOLOD 2.25 with LODGen.exe 1.20 with Enhanced Vanilla Trees 1.6.9 and Enhanced Landscapes 1.4 using TreeLOD=0, all worldspaces at once, candles option checked, max tile size 2048 and the rest at default.

Worked flawlessly. And looks great. :)

The only thing that bothers me a bit is that I sometimes still got visible 'LOD' to full 3D model transitions (for example approaching the forest south of Dawnstar when coming from Dawnstar and the small tree groups near Whiterun when coming from the meadery) aswell as very visible flickering during transition (for example when entering Dragonbridge coming from Solitude).

I got videos of both effects, they occur with Enhanced Landscapes aswell as without it. I could upload them if those effects aren't indended/known (as in 'can't be fixed due to engine limitations').

I also sometimes get trees not being fully loaded when I quickly change viewing direction, you can clearly see them being drawn and shadowed. Doesn't seem to be connected to tree density, also happened outside Whiterun.

Good to hear it all works now.

Well that is the decades old engine for you: LOD does not cast or receives shadows for example. Full models trees only show in loaded cells and past that is LOD. It has to switch at some point. Newer methods/engines can morph between LOD levels.

Of course there is the chance that in your case there are no 3D static LODs for those full models available right now and it is using billboards.

There is one thing to look forward to in Skyrim SE: technically full model trees can be large references. So whenever Bethesda fixes their game breaking bugs in Skyrim SE, we will be able to push those transitions further away without the the problems of using higher ugrids.

(If Betehsda doesn't fix, we will just have to clean the large ref data from the *.ESMs and then create a load order compatible master file with the large reference data)

Edited by sheson
  • +1 1

Good to hear it all works now.

I still got to test it with my full load order (>300 esps) but that'll have to wait until I figured out the perfect combination of base graphics mods and brought myself up to date with merging.

So far, thanks to you and the seemingly unproblematic Enhanced Vanilla Trees/Enhanced Landscapes working with TreeLOD=0, everything works fine. I don't think I'm gonna integrate SFO or SSBT anyway, those were the mods causing the most crashes during generation - and EVT looks better anyway!

Well that is the decades old engine for you: LOD does not cast or receives shadows for example. Full models trees only show in loaded cells and past that is LOD. It has to switch at some point. Newer methods/engines can morph between LOD levels.

I always wondered why I couldn't see any transitions in GTA while having those unimmersive super visible ones in Skyrim.

Using TreeLOD=0 with EVT and EL looks waaaaay better, still it costs about 15% fps. I don't mind that using the GTX1080 but I don't think this method is feasible for many people.

But reading your post it doesn't seem there'd be anyone able (or, with usable Skyrim SE waiting ahead, willing) to create some morphing technique for Oldrim...

Of course there is the chance that in your case there are no 3D static LODs for those full models available right now and it is using billboards.

Its definitely 3D models having those visible changes. Mostly its shadowing but sometimes you can clearly see the model changing its shape a bit. One of the most obvious models flickering, by the way, is the light tree with the brownish parts in the middle of the middle screenshot above.

There is one thing to look forward to in Skyrim SE: technically full model trees can be large references. So whenever Bethesda fixes their game breaking bugs in Skyrim SE, we will be able to push those transitions further away without the the problems of using higher ugrids.

I haven't been touching ugrids for ages for a reason. This, however, sounds awesome. Aswell as water being more dynamic, Real Shelter becoming redundant, engine stability being lightyears ahead of Oldrim, memory limits,... can't wait for fixes and things like SKSE64!

(If Betehsda doesn't fix, we will just have to clean the large ref data from the *.ESMs and then create a load order compatible master file with the large reference data)

Great to hear you Skyrim modding gods already having a plan! :)

Just three more things

1) Just re-generated with the settings mentioned above, adding SkyFalls+SkyMills, SMIM, Skyrim Better Roads, Real Roads for Skyrim, Fences of Skyrim and Immersive Fallen Trees - still no crashes :)

2) I will keep using EVT+EL with TreeLOD=0. However, there's a few mods adding some trees without the possibility to use TreeLOD=0, where I would have to use billboards. One example would be the non-replacer version of Caribou Gone. How do I mix non-billboard mods with those? First generating with only EVT+EL activated and TreeLOD=0 and then deactivating everything besides Caribou Gone and generate with TreeLOD=1 and then merge the resulting folders? Or, as Caribou doesn't add many trees in its non replacer version, generating with TreeLOD=0 and Fallback? Never worked for me so far...

3) I've seen you writing one should set boats and ships to neverFade as there's no DynDOLOD models for them (and the regular LOD looks horrible) - so how do I do this?

/edit

Just another random DynDOLOD High TreeLOD=0, Enhanced Vanilla Trees, Enhanced Landscapes shot to say thank you again ^^

7cronvangrcavetodarkw79sri.png

Edited by elwaps

Edit: I have a hunch. See if using this LODGen.exe works better. Just replace file in Edit Scripts.

If you could scroll up the command prompt window to the start of the error trace and make a screenshot that would help.

Please upload/post contents of

..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_DLC01FalmerValley.txt

..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\DynDOLOD_TES5_atlas_map_dlc01falmervalley.txt

Sweet!  The new lodgen files fixed the issue when selecting the DLC01 Falmer Valley world.  Someone else posted those files but can upload them tonight if still needed.  If needed, I will report errors when doing all of the worlds this evening.  Thanks!!!

I still got to test it with my full load order (>300 esps) but that'll have to wait until I figured out the perfect combination of base graphics mods and brought myself up to date with merging.

So far, thanks to you and the seemingly unproblematic Enhanced Vanilla Trees/Enhanced Landscapes working with TreeLOD=0, everything works fine. I don't think I'm gonna integrate SFO or SSBT anyway, those were the mods causing the most crashes during generation - and EVT looks better anyway!

I always wondered why I couldn't see any transitions in GTA while having those unimmersive super visible ones in Skyrim.

Using TreeLOD=0 with EVT and EL looks waaaaay better, still it costs about 15% fps. I don't mind that using the GTX1080 but I don't think this method is feasible for many people.

But reading your post it doesn't seem there'd be anyone able (or, with usable Skyrim SE waiting ahead, willing) to create some morphing technique for Oldrim...

Its definitely 3D models having those visible changes. Mostly its shadowing but sometimes you can clearly see the model changing its shape a bit. One of the most obvious models flickering, by the way, is the light tree with the brownish parts in the middle of the middle screenshot above.

I haven't been touching ugrids for ages for a reason. This, however, sounds awesome. Aswell as water being more dynamic, Real Shelter becoming redundant, engine stability being lightyears ahead of Oldrim, memory limits,... can't wait for fixes and things like SKSE64!

Great to hear you Skyrim modding gods already having a plan! :)

Just three more things

1) Just re-generated with the settings mentioned above, adding SkyFalls+SkyMills, SMIM, Skyrim Better Roads, Real Roads for Skyrim, Fences of Skyrim and Immersive Fallen Trees - still no crashes :)

2) I will keep using EVT+EL with TreeLOD=0. However, there's a few mods adding some trees without the possibility to use TreeLOD=0, where I would have to use billboards. One example would be the non-replacer version of Caribou Gone. How do I mix non-billboard mods with those? First generating with only EVT+EL activated and TreeLOD=0 and then deactivating everything besides Caribou Gone and generate with TreeLOD=1 and then merge the resulting folders? Or, as Caribou doesn't add many trees in its non replacer version, generating with TreeLOD=0 and Fallback? Never worked for me so far...

3) I've seen you writing one should set boats and ships to neverFade as there's no DynDOLOD models for them (and the regular LOD looks horrible) - so how do I do this?

/edit

Just another random DynDOLOD High TreeLOD=0, Enhanced Vanilla Trees, Enhanced Landscapes shot to say thank you again ^^

1) Really not much need for SkyMills/Falls anymore... :)

2) It will automatically use installed billboards (you will see a message early in DynDOLODs log) for the trees for which 3D LOD does not exist. Nothing else to do other than to make sure all billboards are installed correctly like always.

3) See Manual "Custom Settings For Specific Mods - Revamped Assets Skyrim" as example. Video

Basically, add a new mesh rule somewhere before the last "\". For example set mesh mask to "ships\" - which will include everything in the meshes\ships\ folder (or be more specific like "shiplarge") and set Full Model, Static LOD4 or LOD8, Static LOD8 or LOD16, Yes, Far LOD or Far Full, Unchanged

Sweet!  The new lodgen files fixed the issue when selecting the DLC01 Falmer Valley world.  Someone else posted those files but can upload them tonight if still needed.  If needed, I will report errors when doing all of the worlds this evening.  Thanks!!!

If it works now no need to upload anything. Thanks for reporting and enjoy.

• +1 1