206 replies to this topic

#181 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 05:47 AM

Hi, your command didn't give any output.

"G:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\LODGen.exe" --inputfile "G:\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel.txt" --logfile "G:\DynDOLOD\Logs\LODGen_TES5_Tamriel_log.txt" --dontFixTangents --removeUnseenFaces --skyblivionTexPath

Then I decided to try running DynDOLOD/Edit Scripts/LODGen.exe through windows explorer. It threw an error about a missing .NET framework version 4.0.XX.

I installed .NET version 4.0 from here: https://www.microsof...nload/framework

And now both the command and dyndolod run successfully.

Is that a Windows 7 default installation? I thought it already had 4.0, but it seems it comes with 3.5.

Edited by sheson, 30 June 2017 - 05:47 AM.

#182 hoki

hoki

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:29 PM

Is that a Windows 7 default installation? I thought it already had 4.0, but it seems it comes with 3.5.

Unpatched windows 7 home edition.

#183 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

Beyond Skyrim - Bruma

The current available download of Beyond Skyrim - Bruma does not contains all cells, references or LOD models that were used to generate the included LOD.

This affects the southern non-accessible area.

TES5LODGen/SSELODGen/DynDOLOD can only generate LOD for trees and objects for which references exist in the plugins. For users generating their own LOD to match their load order this has some side effects:

If generating tree LOD, the existing tree LOD "meshes" in the south will not be overwritten. They may use the wrong LOD tree from the index, but overall that should be OK, since the player wont get there.

If generating object LOD, the map and the larger lod levels will miss some objects to the south which are part of the included object LOD. Unfortunately the missing cell data does not cut off at a 32 cell group, so there is a obvious gab when it is known what to look for.

The next update of DynDOLOD will know about the mod and make a best effort LOD generation. However, by default the BSHeartland worldspace will be ignored for now while the mods lacks the required data and resources to correctly generate LOD for a user load order.

Beyond Skyrim - Bruma Tree LOD billboards by mobiusbelmont

Bigger Heartland Aspens for Beyond Skyrim Bruma by mobiusbelmont

Imperial City LOD fix for custom lods (Beyond skyrim Bruma) by C0331 AKA Privata

Edited by sheson, 26 August 2017 - 02:33 PM.

#184 Bertocomu

Bertocomu

Prisoner

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:11 AM

First of all congratulations by creating this tool, I have CTDs at Solitude docks, my game runs smoothly but when I approach that area I get a crash.

Sorry for my English ::):

#185 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

First of all congratulations by creating this tool, I have CTDs at Solitude docks, my game runs smoothly but when I approach that area I get a crash.

Sorry for my English ::):

FAQ: Skyrim: ILS or CTD

A: More LOD uses more memory and this can cause infinite loading screen (ILS) or crash to desktop (CTD) if the game is not setup correctly. Double check heap memory usage (block 1) with Memory Blocks Log from https://www.nexusmod...rim/mods/50471/ and adjust SKSE or SSME memory settings. Or use alternative OSAllocator from crash fixes with pre-loader. Remove satefy-load if it is used to verify it doesn't cause CTD. Set ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false in enblocal.ini
If heap memory is not the cause of CTD see Docs\ DynDOLOD-README.txt for checking if a missing or invalid nif model used for dynamic LOD is the cause.

#186 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:22 AM

Hey hey hey. So I'm gonna run this now. Before I follow the STEP guide to the letter but I'm just wondering what has changed for SE?

Is it still as simple as

Download Texute LODs

Download Dyndolod

Slap the scripts into xEdit

Run TesGenLOD thingys

install

Then run dyndolod proper,

install

Enjoy the distant views?

#187 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 05:48 AM

Hey hey hey. So I'm gonna run this now. Before I follow the STEP guide to the letter but I'm just wondering what has changed for SE?

Is it still as simple as

Download Texute LODs

Download Dyndolod

Slap the scripts into xEdit

Run TesGenLOD thingys

install

Then run dyndolod proper,

install

Enjoy the distant views?

That list is not how you do things for Skyrim or Skyrim SE. I suggest to read the included documentation and docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html in particular. Also have a look at this thread http://forum.step-pr...pecial-edition/

#188 uncleseano

uncleseano

Commander

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 10:36 AM

That list is not how you do things for Skyrim or Skyrim SE. I suggest to read the included documentation and docs\DynDOLOD_Manual_SSE.html in particular. Also have a look at this thread http://forum.step-pr...pecial-edition/

Got it in the end thanks. Looks great. Totally missed the part about slapping on -sse in M.O cause I didn't RTFM. Good job mister!

#189 Monobloc

Monobloc

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 07:55 AM

Hey sheson, i'm still having memory limits issue even with the fix atm for some reason.

Guess i can only generate one world per instance even if it's tedious.

#190 Monobloc

Monobloc

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:02 PM

Sheson regarding bruma tree lod generation, can I generate trees alone with dyndolod with 3d lods enabled ?

Tried unchecking static lods and dyndolod but nothing happened ?

Or should I just stick with tes5lodgen for that specific world

Edited by Monobloc, 20 July 2017 - 06:02 PM.

#191 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:36 AM

Sheson regarding bruma tree lod generation, can I generate trees alone with dyndolod with 3d lods enabled ?

Tried unchecking static lods and dyndolod but nothing happened ?

Or should I just stick with tes5lodgen for that specific world

3D tree LOD uses the static object LOD for 3D trees. It disables the 2D tree LOD system.

It does not matter if 2D tree LOD is generated with TES5LODGen or DynDOLOD, they should be about the same.

#192 Mookeylama

Mookeylama

Prisoner

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:44 PM

thanks for all your miraculous work Sheson!

was wondering if Dyndolod would help w/ this mod...

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/41279/?

great lil Trainwiz mod that makes ships actually sail into towns depending on time of day. used to use it but as u walked towards a town, the ships would pop-in depending on time of day, and their pop-in was disconcerting. Dyndo has helped so much w/ town pop-in and other, that i thought it might work on the ships. but not sure since they are not static and actually move

#193 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

thanks for all your miraculous work Sheson!

was wondering if Dyndolod would help w/ this mod...

http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/41279/?

great lil Trainwiz mod that makes ships actually sail into towns depending on time of day. used to use it but as u walked towards a town, the ships would pop-in depending on time of day, and their pop-in was disconcerting. Dyndo has helped so much w/ town pop-in and other, that i thought it might work on the ships. but not sure since they are not static and actually move

If I remember correctly it is not possible to use "TranslateTo" on persistent references - they just won't move. The "TranslateTo" is the the function to keep the ships moving. Persistence is required for the IsFullLOD (Neverfade) flag to work. If someone discovered a workaround, then please let me know.

If that can be figured out, then DynDOLOD can be used to patch the references to the required flags. The scripts need to be updated as well, they have something in them about distance of the ships to be close to player in order for the ships to show up in the first place.

Edited by sheson, 27 July 2017 - 02:12 AM.

#194 dunc001

dunc001

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 10:42 AM

Hi Sheson, this isn't a DynDOLOD specific question so please excuse the intrusion here, but I figured you were probably the best person to ask.

What exactly happens when you enter the Tamriel worldspace cells which contain one of the cities with it's own seperate worldspace?  I ask because I am crashing in Tamriel as soon as I try to cross into any of the cells in which Windhelm sits.  Doesn't matter which cell I approach from, with tb consoled to show the cell boundaries as soon as I get to any of the cells containing part of the city I crash.  Everywhere else the game plays perfectly, including the other big cities, so I am pretty sure it's not memory related.  If I coc into Windhelm itself it also crashes, so I am assuming it's something in the WindhelmWorld worldspace that's causing it.  I was just wanting to understand what the 'loading in' process is as you enter those exterior cells to try and give me some idea of what I should be looking for (or at least what I can discount from my search in terms of NPCs etc within Windhelm, etc).

qaWvtmB.jpg

#195 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hi Sheson, this isn't a DynDOLOD specific question so please excuse the intrusion here, but I figured you were probably the best person to ask.

What exactly happens when you enter the Tamriel worldspace cells which contain one of the cities with it's own seperate worldspace?  I ask because I am crashing in Tamriel as soon as I try to cross into any of the cells in which Windhelm sits.  Doesn't matter which cell I approach from, with tb consoled to show the cell boundaries as soon as I get to any of the cells containing part of the city I crash.  Everywhere else the game plays perfectly, including the other big cities, so I am pretty sure it's not memory related.  If I coc into Windhelm itself it also crashes, so I am assuming it's something in the WindhelmWorld worldspace that's causing it.  I was just wanting to understand what the 'loading in' process is as you enter those exterior cells to try and give me some idea of what I should be looking for (or at least what I can discount from my search in terms of NPCs etc within Windhelm, etc).

It loads the tempoary cells that are defined in the Tamriel worldspace. AFAIK the temporary cells defined to the child worldspace with the same coordinates do not matter at this point. The temporary cells of the child worldspace are only loaded when entering the child worldspace, superseding the temporary cells of the Tamriel parent worldspace.

The persistent cells of all child worldspaces are always loaded together with the persistent cell of the parent worldspace. They seem to act like one and the same.

Crash fixes is not reporting a problem with a nif? Then maybe a deleted record or a navemesh problem. If the crash is that reproducible, you should be able to determine the coordinates of a handful of cells that attach when the CTD occurs. Find them in xEdit with CTRL+SHIFT+F cell finder, then have a look at plugins that change them. Remove those one by one. Once you found a plugin, you could have a look at the references and other records in those cells, or the overwrite cell record themselves. You get the idea.

Only if all that fails to find something would I consider looking at the cells in the childworldspace, however unlikely it seems. I would still check, because more often than not, these things are not always what one believes them to be...

Edited by sheson, 10 August 2017 - 11:08 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, skyrim, skyrim se

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users