• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#16 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

Thanks for helping out Sheson. Everything should be here.

Attached Files

#17 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for helping out Sheson. Everything should be here.

That is (still) odd that LODGen would just stop like this. Can you check for the error in windows event viewer and copy/screenshot that?

Can you verify CPU/Memory/Temperatures/Cooling/Overclocking are not a factor?

Test if you can replicate that crash by just generating SkuldafnWorld for example (start with no DynDOLOD.esp in the load order)

If you get the exact same problem twice in a row while just generating for that small world space I would be more convinced this has something to do with a nif file - despite there being no error message at all.

Also if you could upload the files from ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\*.* and ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\*.*

I can then start to replicate the load order and narrow it down to a handful of possible files and see if I can get the same error.

Edited by sheson, 16 March 2017 - 05:11 PM.

#18 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:16 PM

Hey Sheson. I will do all of that for you, but will be this weekend. I'm a PhD candidate in Artificial Intelligence and will be too busy tomorrow. Additionally, I'm not too good with Windows 10. How would I look for the vent we are looking for in event viewer? 

For you additionaly questions. I don't have any other processes running. Temperatures are just fine, and I'm running stock at the moment... no overclocking. Please also take into account that this is only happening when I'm trying to build 3d tree lods. Billboards work just fine. What I did notice is that the program locks up at different points during the proces... It's not always at the same LOD. Wouldn't that rule out the nif file idea? I guess the program is running them in a particular order and not random?

Since I'm writing to a completely diferent folder than the MO2 folders (G:/DynDOLOD_Output/) at least this can't be the problem. I have the feeling that it's a MO2 vs LODGen issue that has something to do with memory, but I'm not completely sure. 

I will upload the files here ASAP.

#19 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 06:41 PM

Don't worry about the time when you get it. I am here whenever. I might go ahead and rebuild the load order based on the log you already uploaded.

LODGen is multithreading different LOD levels and quads, so the order/time of when it reads/processes a specific nif and writes something to the log is not always the same.

The "silent" fail points to external problems yes but on the other hand it is very likely that it trips over some data it tries to process - it really should have some kind of message in its command prompt window though. I am just not ruling anything out.

I am not to sure where to find it in windows 10 either, but in older windows versions it would be enough to just hit start button and type "event" into search to have it list event viewer. Usually it is in control panel / administrative tools

In event viewer look for "application" then "application error" in windows logs ... assuming that the viewer is still comparable to my windows 7

Edited by sheson, 16 March 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#20 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

Ok, so I got around to getting you the data. Same problems occurs when only running SkuldafnWorld. Data that is included with this post: zipped files from  ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\*.* and ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\*.*. Event viewer log in spoiler.

Event Viewer

#21 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Ok, so I got around to getting you the data. Same problems occurs when only running SkuldafnWorld. Data that is included with this post: zipped files from  ..\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\cache\*.* and ..DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\Export\*.*. Event viewer log in spoiler.

Event Viewer

Not seeing that zip file you speak of...

Which MO version are you using?

Can you test what happens when generating without starting from MO. If that works, see what happens if you create only vanilla/same setup (use a new profile) from within MO.

Edited by sheson, 18 March 2017 - 09:19 AM.

#22 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

MO v.2.0.8.2.
Well considering the way that MO stores and loads files, it isnt really possible to run it outside of MO or I must be completely wrong.

Looks like I cant upload those zips. Too big for allowed size. Can I email them somewhere?

#23 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

MO v.2.0.8.2.
Well considering the way that MO stores and loads files, it isnt really possible to run it outside of MO or I must be completely wrong.

Looks like I cant upload those zips. Too big for allowed size. Can I email them somewhere?

Try the latest 2.0.8.3b from February

Generate for the vanilla game from within MO to see if that works. if that does not work, generate without MO for the vanilla game.

Upload files to a file service or paste them to pastebin.

Edited by sheson, 18 March 2017 - 12:25 PM.

#24 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:04 PM

Send you a message with links for the files.

I've tried creating 3D lods for vanilla Skyrim through MO and that worked. 

#25 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:32 PM

Send you a message with links for the files.

I've tried creating 3D lods for vanilla Skyrim through MO and that worked.

Got it. Thanks to all that info I was able to replicate the error. It turns out that running through MO somehow prevents that error message from being shown. Eventually I got it which makes things so much easier to diagnose :)

Download these updated LODGen.exe/LODGenx64.exe and replace the ones in "Edit Scripts". Hopefully things should run through now. Please let me know how it goes.

Note that you re trying to generate 3D tree LOD with the full models and not the included hybrids.

#26 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:42 AM

Hey Sheson, yes it works perfect now! Thanks a lot! What was the problem in the end?

Yes I wanted to ask. I RTFM ( ;) ) but I still don't completely get what the difference is between generating with full model or using Static Lod 4. And what does it mean for performance?

#27 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:24 AM

Hey Sheson, yes it works perfect now! Thanks a lot! What was the problem in the end?

Yes I wanted to ask. I RTFM ( ;) ) but I still don't completely get what the difference is between generating with full model or using Static Lod 4. And what does it mean for performance?

Great. LODGen failed to properly read a nif block in the new format.

The Static LOD4 settings uses less demanding 3D LOD trees ("hybrid" because they use 3D branches and 2D trunks) instead of the full modes. It is all explained in the ultra trees manual.

#28 Shredy777

Shredy777

Prisoner

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

Yeah I've read the ultra trees manual, but it was still a bit vague. Now its clear!

Great that I was able to help you. Will you be doing a full Nexus release soon?

#29 sheson

sheson

Dragon Prince

• Mod Authors
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

Yes I will push an update later today/tomorrow

#30 Andreis

Andreis

Prisoner

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:29 AM

Another test shot on SSE

xAFfy3X.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyndolod, lod, skyrim, skyrim se

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users