SRLE extended LOTD. Suggestions for new additions.

Well, what I think we could do is when Nozzer creates his options page for LOTD we could suggest ECTV there.

I did have a go this morning at creating the ECTV merge but after regenerating Navmeshes Xedit was still bitterly moaning about broken navmeshes; I'll have another go later. 

Just in case people don't quit eunderstand... his prologue is not 'alpha' it's fully release quality mod for the features currently contained.  If it doesn't ahve the features you want yet then waiting makes sense.  If it does, however, have features you want there's no point in waiting.. it's already a full quality chesko release.  Prologue just means it's only a subset of the features anticipated in the final version.

personally, I would rather wait a little bit longer for Chesko to iron out things.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

Well, what I think we could do is when Nozzer creates his options page for LOTD we could suggest ECTV there.

I did have a go this morning at creating the ECTV merge but of regenerating Navmeshes Xedit was still bitterly moaning about broken navmeshes; I'll have another go later. 

personally, I would rather wait a little bit longer for Chesko to iron out things.

Just to make this clear. NAVI and navmeshes are not the same thing.

NAVI is Navigation Mesh Info Map. That record is a collection of data regarding the navmeshes used within a plugin ( a map if you want). If you merge more mods with navmeshes then all those mods have individual plugins NAVI which do not merge with MP. This requires to be regenerated in CK.

navmeshes or navigation mesh is a collection of two-dimensional polygons that define what areas of an environment are traversable by NPCs. In other words, a NPC could freely walk around within these areas unobstructed by trees, walls or other objects in their path.

so having in xedit broken navmeshes or deleted or w/e it says they are it's not due to regeneration of NAVI. That does not fix nav meshes.

Edited by paul666root

Right now, Last Seed is not even compatible with CACO. One of the main things he is working on.

And I have to agree...I would much rather have a few people full of life than a bunch of mindless robots. ICAIO is worth more than Populated, IMO.

But I do see where Paul is coming from. If you just keep moving on and don't talk to people, I could see it maybe being worthwhile.

Thanks but I am done fiddling around with it time to move on to other things, more mods to test plus playtesting continues already wasted a day and my time is precious as I don't get many when I can actually just sit and play without the kids screaming in my ear both young and slightly older.

OK after a massive FPS drop while fighting in the fort near Whistling Mine I have decided not to add the populated series as 25 fps is a joke. I like the mod I don't like the massive fps drop.

What causes the FPS drop to be exact? Script? Or the amount of npcs in one area?

These talk about NAVI and navmesh again reminds me when I'm still trying to learn from the master @paul

What do people think of adding a taxation mod will add more immersion I was thinking something like Taxes of the Nine Holds - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65519/?

I don't mind at all, because I adds it in my own modlist. This guide is starting to look like my modlist slowly.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

What causes the FPS drop to be exact? Script? Or the amount of npcs in one area?

I think it actually caused by the amount of NPC's that spawned in that area cos not only I did I have the bandit spawning I had imperial and Stormcloaks as well. So that amount of NPC's all spawning at the same time caused my fps to massively drop.

I think it actually caused by the amount of NPC's that spawned in that area cos not only I did I have the bandit spawning I had imperial and Stormcloaks as well. So that amount of NPC's all spawning at the same time caused my fps to massively drop.

Ooh skirmishes at the fort. Alright thank you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On the topic of ICAIO/ECTV, I personally like mods like ETaC and Dawn of Skyrim (which does ICAIO-similar things to npcs in larger cities). They add enough buildings and npcs that makes towns still feel lively, even if some of the vanilla npcs are rather lifeless.

However, I tried ETaC+DoS in the SRLE: LotD load order and had to do some custom patching (ELFX was doing weird things with them) but the fps hit was significant on a GTX 970. I had consistently ~15-20 fps in certain villages (Riverwood, Falkreath) and Solitude whereas I have ~40-45 in those areas without the ECTV mods.

On the topic of ICAIO/ECTV, I personally like mods like ETaC and Dawn of Skyrim (which does ICAIO-similar things to npcs in larger cities). They add enough buildings and npcs that makes towns still feel lively, even if some of the vanilla npcs are rather lifeless.

However, I tried ETaC+DoS in the SRLE: LotD load order and had to do some custom patching (ELFX was doing weird things with them) but the fps hit was significant on a GTX 970. I had consistently ~15-20 fps in certain villages (Riverwood, Falkreath) and Solitude whereas I have ~40-45 in those areas without the ECTV mods.

ELFX is a compatibility pita. That's why i only use it for interiors.