SRLE extended LOTD. Suggestions for new additions.

Nozzer, how about Claralux...i love the lighting as such in game(ELFX, Relighting_Elfx tailored etc) but find caves rather dark. Yes we have torches and lanterns, but as a bow wielder, torches are impractical and lanterns don't offer enough light...again not a problem as i use "Henry's ring of light". But being able to adjust lights in game must be a better option...any way just a suggestion

Berndaroy

Nozzer, how about Claralux...i love the lighting as such in game(ELFX, Relighting_Elfx tailored etc) but find caves rather dark. Yes we have torches and lanterns, but as a bow wielder, torches are impractical and lanterns don't offer enough light...again not a problem as i use "Henry's ring of light". But being able to adjust lights in game must be a better option...any way just a suggestion

Berndaroy

You can tweak Wearable lantern to be brighter and has bigger radius. I think it is pretty bright. Again, might not be bright enough for some.

Hey thanks Darkside..i will look into that, but if we are to explore dark place to find relics, one must be able to see fairly clearly, without losing the cave ambience. Personally never understood having darker caves to make game play as realistic as possible...it is a game after all, i could go down to our local caves if i what realism..anyway thank you for the feed back

Berndaroy

Hey thanks Darkside..i will look into that, but if we are to explore dark place to find relics, one must be able to see fairly clearly, without losing the cave ambience. Personally never understood having darker caves to make game play as realistic as possible...it is a game after all, i could go down to our local caves if i what realism..anyway thank you for the feed back

Berndaroy

I see your point.

i just spotted this Disable Quick Save(SKSE Plugin) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82951/? might be useful for those of us the prefer Hard Saves over Quick saves.

I also agree with Berndray Caves are too dark so Claralux is worth consideration. i normally play as a khajiit thus have Gophers Predator vision installed and just use Night Eye.

Edited by DarkladyLexy

See I actually LIKE the dark caves...

Next weekend when I have my time free again, I may look to add a page: "Possible options if:" and things like Claralux might be on that.

So... I've seen it all and used every lighting/weather/enb combination around... literally.  Humor me and give this a try.

CoT + Requiem Realistic Darkness (not actually dependent on Requiem at all) + AOS + True Storms +  Expanded Snow System CoT Version + NLA + the Phinix Natural COT+AOS+TS+ESS+NLA patch with the phinix ENB.

Spend like 15m and set it up according to the instructions at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24235/? load up a torch and go to bleakfalls barrow... or whatever other interior you'd like to test with..

Check the darkness level.. turn on he torch and check again... Check the tunnels especially with/without torch... The ENB is very performance friendly and the darkness is perfect.. with torches adjusted in a way that naturally lights the space without blowing anything out..  I also altered one of the Wearable Lanterns presets to 100% match the torch preset from RRD because otherwise the light is very wrong.  

Check nights oiutside as well...  It's truly glorious.  The patch from Phinix is required.. not necessarily the ENB... but that ENB really plays well with the light levels produced by RRD.

Note that's with ONLY RRD  for lighting... no ele/elfx/relighting skyrim...  it's worth the loss imo.  I also run CLARALUX but that's irrelevant to the above.

Edited by jdsmith2816

So... I've seen it all and used every lighting/weather/enb combination around... literally.  Humor me and give this a try.

CoT + Requiem Realistic Darkness (not actually dependent on Requiem at all) + AOS + True Storms +  Expanded Snow System CoT Version + NLA + the Phinix Natural COT+AOS+TS+ESS+NLA patch with the phinix ENB.

Spend like 15m and set it up according to the instructions at https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/24235/? load up a torch and go to bleakfalls barrow... or whatever other interior you'd like to test with..

Check the darkness level.. turn on he torch and check again... Check the tunnels especially with/without torch... The ENB is very performance friendly and the darkness is perfect.. with torches adjusted in a way that naturally lights the space without blowing anything out..  I also altered one of the Wearable Lanterns presets to 100% match the torch preset from RRD because otherwise the light is very wrong.  

Check nights oiutside as well...  It's truly glorious.  The patch from Phinix is required.. not necessarily the ENB... but that ENB really plays well with the light levels produced by RRD.

Note that's with ONLY RRD  for lighting... no ele/elfx/relighting skyrim...  it's worth the loss imo.  I also run CLARALUX but that's irrelevant to the above.

You know what... I'ma grab a whole new instance of MO, not just a new profile, and try this. 

i am intrigued by this I might do a back of our Skyrim folder and reinstall the Vanilla backup and have a look from scratch at this.

Hey guys, what do you think about this additions:

(...)

Heya! Been modding Morrowind for my potato (successfully! ~300 mods on 1GB VRAM! Thanks Ordenador!) and decided to check in here before starting my Skyrim adventure yet again.

Dead body collision fix sounds nice, but after having researched it extensively (like everything else) it has a problem - dead bodies can actually hem you in in a game breaking way in closed / semi-closed spaces, especially if you use mods that add more enemies to your game. I suppose it's a matter of taste - I like the idea personally too - but it has been reported as causing navigation issues by other people.

Edited by Enkida
  • +1 1