High King

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:21 PM

*** lo_sort ***

for Skyrim and Fallout 4

Updated 20170320

I made a super simple program in c++ but thought I'd share if anyone wants it.

https://www.dropbox....lo_sort.7z?dl=0

Purpose: I totally respect LOOT. It is a great program for those that like what it does but I don't. I want my load order to be static. With LOOT your load order might suddenly change when the master list gets updated and you have no idea if your patches or mods will work they way you want them too. Resolving conflicts often means that you will have to choose features from one mod or another. By reordering the plugins you resolve the conflicts. This order may change without you knowing it if you run LOOT after you have resolved everything. Therefore I prefer to sort the load order manually and place the mods in an order that makes sense to me. This program makes it easy to share your load order and to let others import it.

What it does: lo_sort simply uses a load order file as a master and reorders plugins in another load order file using the master load order. It gives a report of what plugins that the user has that aren't in the master and what plugins that is in the master but not in the user load order. Lines in any of the files that begins with # will be ignores as this indicates it is a comment. In at least Fallout 4 active plugins are preceded with an *, which means that the mod is active. Mods that were active before the files were sorted will be active after the files are sorted.

Who it is for: Basically me. I plan to use it when I create my packs for Skyrim SE. If anyone else wants to use it, be my guest. You can use it to share a proper STEP load order without having to create LOOT rules or worry about LOOT updates messing up the load order. You can build on the STEP master load order with plugins from your guide/pack and share.

Files needed:

* lo_sort.exe - this program

* plugins.txt and/or loadorder.txt - plugins.txt manages loadorder in the vanilla game. Mod managers usually uses loadorder.txt to determine load order. This program will sort both if both are present.

* master.txt - a master loadorder. This is simply a plugins.txt file or loadorder.txt file renamed to master.txt. You can copy and paste a loadorder that is posted online to a new text-file and name it master.txt. Lines that begins with # will be ignored. It doesn't matter if the plugins in the master file have an asteric (*) in front of them.

How:

Place lo_sort.exe and the master file  in the same folder as your plugins.txt and loadorder.txt files.  Run lo_sort.exe and you are done.

Your previous loadorder files will be backed  and a report named lo_sort_report.txt will be saved. The plugins in loadorder.txt and plugins.txt will be sorted. All plugins the user has that aren't in the master will be placed last in the loadorder files. These plugins needs to be checked for conflicts by the user, which imo is something you should always do if you install mods yourself on top of a huge mod compilation like STEP.

Permissions: You are free to redistribute the file. If you want to use it, share it with your load order.

Example of a master.txt file

Example of a report (for Fallout 4):

This program could be considered beta, but I believe everything works as intended. Just in case, manually backup loadorder.txt.

Edited by dreadflopp, 20 March 2017 - 05:33 AM.

#2 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Very cool Dread.   I've taken to manually sorting my LO as well recently... big part of that is just that I like the visual organization lol.  I suppose this isn't the thread to discuss but I remember reading... sounds like you're working on your own version of Morrowloot, or something like it?

#3 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:04 PM

Very cool Dread.   I've taken to manually sorting my LO as well recently... big part of that is just that I like the visual organization lol.  I suppose this isn't the thread to discuss but I remember reading... sounds like you're working on your own version of Morrowloot, or something like it?

Well kinda. Morrowloot is cool but I felt I needed more control since the authors added features that I didn't want. I'm also looking for something that isn't conflicting with as much as Morrowloot does, which conflicts with everything basically. I'm making a mod in which I'm making sacrifices to get it as conflict free as possible. I'm editing the leveled lists by hand. All leveled lists (not sublists) are split into two. I'm only keeping low level loot in the original leveled list and adding my sublists to  these, which contains the original high level loot. This way I can control the chance of getting high level loot. As of now, a normal level list have 30% chance to reach high level, a 'best' list have 50% chance and a boss list have 75% chance. The high level list are split equally (~26% chance each) between dwemer, elven and orcish making it compatible with (or without) WAF true orcish. You have 15% chance to get glass and 6% chance to get ebony. Taking into account that there is only 30% chance to reach this leveled list the chance to get ebony is ~2% and the chance to get glass ~5%. In those leveled lists that have daedric, like best and boss, the chance to get daedricis half that of ebony. Dragonbone is removed. I allow more daedric than Morrowloot does, which I believe is lore friendly. There has been an invasion of daedric creatures in the past after all. On top of this, the leveled lists will be completely unleveled, meaning all items are spawning with the same probability from level 1, giving the illusion of a static world even though the creatures level up. To balance things there will be an optional module that sets skill level requirements to use weapons and armors of a certain material.

No cell, worldspace, container, weapon, armor or creature records or anything like that will be touched. The only conflicts will be in the leveled lists, making it easy to patch.

#4 baronaatista

baronaatista

Thane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:50 PM

Sounds really cool... one feature I did really like from Morrowloot was the placing of high level loot in the world, though I realize that is precisely the sort of conflict-inducing feature you're trying to avoid here.

I also do somewhat wonder in terms of actual gameplay how that will work out... I did quite enjoy how in Morrowloot you were pretty seriously restricted to low level gear early on, unless you happened to stumble across something valuable.  A daedric/ebony sword drop at level 1 would almost bum me out more than excite, as there would be little to look forward to.

In general I really like the feeling of having to scrounge and scrape together stuff to get by early on - the end game is almost always over-powered no matter what you do (if you've managed your build and gear efficiently) so I want to struggle early on, making the end feel rewarding.

It does sound like you're accounting for this stuff, I'm just sometimes not trusting of the practice of de-leveling.  I like the concept for sure, but I find it can cause as many 'issues' as it solves.

#5 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 06:12 PM

There are issues with deleveling for sure, hence the skill level requirement. I haven't decided on this yet though. It may be better with a levleled level list. I am being very careful when I'm editing the llists for this reason, no leveled lists are deleveled yet and I have kept all original levels, or true orcish levels actually. Going really off topic here...

#6 Gernash

Gernash

Dragonborn

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

Um how do I DL?

#7 dreadflopp

dreadflopp

High King

• Pack Authors
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

Um how do I DL?

Haha forgot to put up a link, it's there now.

And here:

https://www.dropbox....lo_sort.7z?dl=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users