DynDOLOD (SE) freezes when scanning .BTT files

QuantumQuack0

Question

I'm trying to install DynDOLOD on Special Edition. This is actually like my 4th time doing it, the first couple times worked, but I forgot to install billboards for Fantasy Forest Overhaul, so I grabbed those from the Skyrim (standard) Nexus page and tried again. This time everything goes fine until I run DynDOLOD.exe, which at some point completely freezes. No (useful) log is generated, so I'll just post a screenshot:

9nX9Tnl.png

On a side note, the billboards I'm using for SFO and FFO are not exactly matching the version I'm using on Special Edition, as I could only find them on the standard edition nexus pages.

All billboard files in textures\terrain\LODGen appear to be just fine, I can view all of them in image viewer. I also ran SSELODGen seperately and that went without errors, but it did give some warnings. The full log of that is here: https://pastebin.com/e1E6hPNV.

I've been following the video in the manual as closely as I can, but I have no idea what's going wrong.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by QuantumQuack0

Looks like I was quicker :)

Please test with this version, it also replaces one file in the  "Edit Scripts" folder.

Check if you have success generating both static and tree LOD. If tree LOD has error, do the two step like before.

If this version also stops after checking large references, edit DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE.ini in notepad and set Debug=1 and try again.

This will add a few debug messages to the log which I am interested in.

I found the culprit!

It was the billboards I used for Fantasy Forest Overhaul, which is strange because I grabbed the billboards specifically made for DynDOLOD from its nexus page. If I uninstall the billboards it works perfectly, no errors at all.

This does mean of course that the LODs no longer match the actual trees. I would be content with finding a replacement for FFO and leaving it at that, but if you want more information for bugfixing I'd be happy to provide it :)

So if you want me to enable the billboards again and use the test version you just posted, please let me know. Otherwise I'd like to thank you very much for the support you've given me, many firstborns have already been sent your way.

Double check the billboards / reinstall them, Maybe something happened to the files.

I will download those billboards myself and test generation with them and see what I can learn. Which ones did you use? The Fall Forest edition or the Original version?

Edited by sheson

Double checked them but I got the same problem again. I was using the original version, but I also checked the Fall version just now just to be sure, both gave the exact same result again.

Ok thanks. I will post here again if I find anything.