Help with SSEEdit

TheMerryPloughboy

Question

I was wondering if you gus can help me with SSEEdit. I've read (and watched) quite a bit, and I think I'm starting to get the hang of conflict resolution. However, my main issue is defining what kinds of conflicts need resolving.

Here's an example. I have A Quality World Map - Paper installed for Skyrim SE. When I open SEEdit, I see that it's a conflict loser. This manifests itself in-game by having the map pop up weird. When I make a conflict resolution patch, the map issue is fixed, though all the other mods editing the same worldspace now become conflict losers to A Quality World Map - Paper.

A pic is attached.

post-5749-0-23854100-1491754535_thumb.png

Edited by TheMerryPloughboy

4 answers to this question

Unfortunately that's sometimes the way of the world. What you can do is look at what's losing and make a judgement call, checking to see if the edits other mods make will work. If so you can just pick and drag that particular record over to your CR patch and essentially combine all the edits you want.

The take home is not everything HAS to be green. If that's what you're trying for, you'll be unlikely to ever achieve it.

Thanks. Is there a resource so I can tell what each record actually does? For example, in that pic, I think the particular cell affects the map but I'm unsure.

Majority of labels that xEdit use are from Creation Kit, you need to learn modding using CK which includes reading it's documentation. Then you will know what records do.