#1 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hello,

A few days ago I made some changes to a follower mod using the Construction Set (basically, change from essential to non-essential, so literally simply unchecking one box), however, now, while the game still seems to start and run, as far as I can tell, normally, I get two error messages in MO, namely:

1. There are files in the overwrite mod - what I find there is a file Modname.esp and a folder named Backup with a DEFAULT.bak file in it;

2. Ini Tweaks overwritten, with a Fix button - there are some explanations about a profile_tweaks.ini file and a recommendation to delete it, but I am not sure if the changes made are thus preserved or not.

Could anyone suggest what the best way to approach this would be? As far as I can tell, it is not game-breaking, but I would still like to have it cleared up, if only just in case.

Thanks.

#2 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 10:19 PM

When you made changes to the plugin using the CK the resulting file, Modname.esp, was saved into the 'Overwrite' psuedo-mod as expected. What you need to do is either drag that file into the mod that provided that plugin or create a new mod from the contents. The *.bak file can either be saved along with it or deleted, your choice.

#3 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for the reply.

So, it turns out the file I actually need is the one in the Overwrite, and the one I currently have is still the old one? Also, shall I 'fix' the .ini file, then, or would it be ok once the .esp is taken care of?

#4 GrantSP

GrantSP

The antipodean

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,657 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:48 PM

As the MO wiki explains, 'Overwrite' ALWAYS has priority so anything inside it will always win a conflict. Not knowing what is in the plugin I can't say whether the INI tweak will be needed or not, trial and error.

#5 Nescit

Nescit

Citizen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

The MO Wiki as in this link here: http://wiki.step-pro...e:Mod_Organizer?

Regarding the .ini file, I am not quite sure as to priorities (the error message says a new file is created), or indeed why any changes should have been made to it, but the file is there indeed, and not too enormous in content, namely:

[General]

bUseMyGamesDirectory=1

I don't quite know what use of the game directory is meant here (storing saves is an option that comes to mind), but I assume if the game played all right as it was, it shouldn't be necessary, and it should be safe to simply delete it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users