Query; Can MO 2+ be installed without it updating?

rcj1952

Question

3 answers to this question

Addendum; Okay, I see it only updates the Python, NCC and QT libraries, guess it leaves the core files untouched(Version number still same as installation file).

Removed most folders and files leaving only Mods and Profiles intact. Appears to  be a little more stable. 

Last reply to myself;  The 2.0.8.2 install was fine till I exited the game, no errors, just could not restart, shutdown or run Task Manager. MO's process did not shut down, nor could it be forced to shut down. That was something new I had not seen yet.

So, just like running DDU for your graphics drivers(Did that also), I removed any trace of Mod Organizer from "users\appdata\local" on the C drive, went to the three install locations for the MO 2 files and games mods. Deleted everything but modorganizer.ini, profiles and mod folders. Re-installed MO 2.0.8.3b "Portable". Fallout 4 ran fine, exited MO and all was well. Ran MO again, used "Loot" then "BodySlide" and the Creation Kit in the same session, received no errors, shut MO down, no errors. Go figure.

This is on Windows 10, FO4 running fine and so far and no errors from Mod Organizer after running FO4.

I surrender, new day same problem as with the 2.8.2 install. I ran FO4 tried using the BodySlide app, would not open(Hung).

The Mod Organizer UI does not close, this time it completely stopped me from doing anything except using mouse and keyboard.

Kinda useless if you can't use them. Had to hard re-set. Guess I need to get in the habit of play, shut it down when finished and restart to run anything else.

At least till it's fixed.