SRLE Extended LOTD bugs and play through Issues

A few minor things I've noticed in my playthrough so far:

Some Falmer enemies will use their fists rather than whatever weapon they're carrying. This wouldn't be a problem really except they seem to lack an animation for moving whilst unarmed. Pure guesswork, but perhaps they do this because their fists do more damage than the weapons they're given.

The Wereskeever from Immersive Creatures will attack other skeevers. The result is that whenever you enter cells like Riften Jail or the Goldenglow sewers you'll immediately start hearing them roaring away at their brethren. This is a bug with Immersive Creatures on any install but I thought it worth mentioning.

The fix for infinite Afflicted spawning doesn't seem to be working. After speaking to one of the Afflicted I'm not given a misc or full quest to speak to Kesh and Afflicted continue to spawn. It's merged into my bashed patch, I don't know enough about modding to know if that would break it or not.

Saadia in the Bannered Mare is friends with the player and able to be recruited with a follower without having done In My Time Of Need. Again, don't know about this one other than it stood out as odd and isn't something in vanilla.

Not a bug, but if a follower is dismissed or dies whilst having items in their inventory rather than equipment whatever items they had will go into an unreachable cell. Looking into this I found that you're meant to set a safe container for these items to go into via the MCM menu - might be something worth putting in the MCM section of the guide.

Some of these may be due my own stupidity as when I originally typed this there were about three others that after doing a bit of testing were down to my own incompetence - I had the full EatDrinkSleep mod installed instead of just the animations for example.

Edited by teremol

Yeah afflicted only give the location on the map, no quest.

+ how do you set as a safe container ? with dynamic things ? might be the reason my followers kept ending naked all the time. lol

There's an option in the MCM for EFF where I guess you have to look at the container you want to be for dismissed NPC's inventories and then press the button. I haven't actually done it myself yet as I don't have a home for my character.

To quote Expired's post on the nexus page for EFF

WARNING: When followers are dismissed, their "Inventory" contents are dumped into a static container in "followerplugincell", you can assign the target container via MCM by looking at the item ingame (where it shows the open text) and going to the MCM and pressing Set Container.
Edited by teremol

with regard to the Saadia that sounds like an RDO issue you might need to remove her from using RDO via the MCM

I did this, which removed some of her odd dialogue, but not all. I had a root around in xEdit and found that Endgame NPC Overhaul adds her to the potential marriage and follower factions, this is also carried over into NPC Retextures Merged and ASIS. According to the mod's page it's meant to allow her to be a follower, but I can't tell what's making her relationshiprank go to 3 instead of the default of 0. I suppose it's possible that the mod author did this on purpose, but why would that require changing her default relationship rank? Surely if In My Time Of Need doesn't set her relationshiprank high enough you could change the quest so it does? I don't know my stuff well enough to say, I couldn't even find a value for default relationship rank in xEdit - with that in mind it might even be a completely different mod altering her relationship rank for all I know.

I have a problem with the helmet of the nightingale armor.

For males, the helmet is visible but the head underneath is invisible.

For females the entire head is invisible.

This affects player characters and NPCs (Brynjolf and Karliah).

I vaguely remember that this is a very old bug that I had to deal with back in like 2013, so it might not be related to SRLE LotD at all...

I dont know if im posting in the right place, or if i really did enough research first, but i think i am and hope i did. i noticed some floating lanterns in kynesgrove, so i started searching the forums and found plenty of posts about floating lanterns in riverwood, which i dont have, so i decided to do some fiddling and checking with things myself.  I decided to also check a few other places.  what i found was floating lanterns in Kynesgrove, Shor's Stone, Ivarstead, and Darkwater Crossing. I decided to install just ETAC kynesgrove and load it up with the ECTV merged patch and found that all the lanterns that were previously floating now had 2 lanterns colliding together in those spots.  I uncheck ectv to just load my solo etac kynesgrove instal with etac resources still installed from the step guide just to make sure it wasnt something etac-resources.esm.  so basically, ive narrowed down the floating lanterns in towns that the step guide is using arthville instead of etac.  Karthwasten was the only one that had no floating lanterns.  I was going to just rebuild the merge with the etac versions of these towns, but that merge was one that we replaced the esp with one in the optional pack.  im going to attempt to fix it myself with the CK but havent gotten to that yet and im not sure ill be able to, im not all the knowledgeable with the ck.

*update:

i loaded up everything in the ck and do not have lanterns showing in the same locations i have in game, so now im at a total loss.

Edited by banky409