Creation kit can't same new mod

IWantMyMod

Question

4 answers to this question

Are you sure it is actually freezing and not just taking a long time?

Whenever I close the CK it usually says it is "Not repsonding", but give it a few minutes and it will close and exit cleanly.

In your case the 'hooking' code in MO2 needs to trick the CK, and also Windows, into saving the file correctly in the correct place. Depending on systems this may take some time.

When creating a new mod the first thing I do after loading the masters is save the empty file to create my active mod.  That's usually instantaneous.  However I though it my be just taking a long time so I let it go for about an hour while I went to get some lunch. When I cam back it was still frozen.

It seems that other people are not having this issue so I'm hopping is just some setting but I have no clue what to look for.

I tried creating an empty mod folder in MO2 and saving the new empty mod there but that didn't help.  I tried it on another computer and still CK crashes on trying to save anything when running it from MO2.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

For that matter is anyone using CK with MO2 without issues?