Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

I refuse to move on with the guide until I can solve this error. Sadly, I am stuck :(. Tried unpacking it to archive and I got the same error. So I just extracted it and tried turning off the read-only mode on all the files but even though I would apply no-readme off it would just turn back on by itself. Idk what to do

Ponyrider0 uses some method outside of Windows that can fix this for us. We'll ask when he/she returns, which I expect to be within a few days. Dont' give up just yet.  ::):

IMO I would advise not to use Open Cities Reborn. Honestly, it is great, but it is just too performance eater and adds nothing new, just redo's the cities, but I prefer content mods over OCR. I do love Arthmoors villages and towns however. IMO, those are worth to use. Also, HESU is very nice,

Better Cities was most definitely a huge performance hog and why I choose not to run it again. But I do like the change in scenery. My favorite mods in SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified were the ECTV and WLSO sections. Also, I love Legacy of the Dragonborn altogether because of the museum and hunt for artifacts. 

I'll try Open Cities Reborn this time around. If I don't like it and it does prove to be a performance hog, I will remove it.

OCR in and of itself is not performance intensive on any relatively modern GPU...  It barely registers beyond the vanilla cities.  You should do actual tests of vanilla then vanilla + ocr and report back.

With morrowinds cities all being open it would feel strange having to load screen into oblivion cities and it just adds a nice feel to the game.

Having said that... anyone's obviously free to not install mods like city overhauls if they don't want them. :D

Agreed. Also, my intention with this guide is to help teach others the process of modding. Hopefully when people have followed our guides from the STEP Wiki they'll feel more confident with setting up mods for their games to their own preference. The beginning of this guide, which I started a couple of years ago was for my personal reference. I only shared it at the start because others were asking me questions and it was the simplest way for me to explain how I did what. It grew from user requests who wanted me to add additional mods, but it's still mostly catered to my own preferences. 

it is how I'm learning to mod for sure. Each guide I follow I learn something new and I when I get brave, I carry some mods from guide to guide.

Load this one up with mods Diana 'til your hearts content. After all, it's your guide!

Edited by mcshame

Sorry I mistook Better Cities with OCR, it has been a long time

Better Cities was most definitely a huge performance hog and why I choose not to run it again. But I do like the change in scenery. My favorite mods in SRLE: Legacy of The Dragonborn Reqtified were the ECTV and WLSO sections. Also, I love Legacy of the Dragonborn altogether because of the museum and hunt for artifacts. 

I'll try Open Cities Reborn this time around. If I don't like it and it does prove to be a performance hog, I will remove it.

I agree with you 200% I have yet to try it but I have heard some great things about that mod.

I have implemented the performance tweaks for the Oblivion.ini Suggested Tweaks. I also added an additional note of who suggests the tweaks. If a note isn't listed, it most likely was taken from the TweakGuides.com or other reliable source. JD and I have also been comparing our INI tweaks. Hopefully the latest Oblivion.ini will improve some performance. There are still a few locations where FPS will drop drastically, but tweaking the Oblivion.ini will not resolve that issue. We will try to research for other performance enhancing solutions later on.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the tweaks are adjusted so as not to lose quality. 

Edit: Changed 

[Landscape]
fLandTextureTilingMult=1.0000 ;recommended for Landscape retexture
Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Can you reorganize install order in MO as easy as in WB?

It's much easier actually. You simply move your files where you would like. You do not have to uninstall, reinstall, or anneal. Each mod is contained in it's own folder.

BSA Extraction is also much easier with Mod Organizer.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I'm calling it a night (actually it's morning now...lol). The guide is still being edited and it is still advisable to hold off on trying to install it just yet. In fact, if you have installed anything from this guide before today, it is being completely reorganized. This does not mean that you will necessarily have to uninstall your mods, but you will have to reorder your installed mods (Wrye Bash users will need to Anneal and install missing files as well).

I still plan to have all of the edits completed before the upcoming weekend (hopefully no later than Friday morning). Patches for the mod are underway.