Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

The game is looking and playing beautifully so far. I have installed and tested the World, Weather & Immersion section, however I may not have time this weekend to edit it into the guide as this is a holiday weekend for us in the US and I need to take some time off from this to spend with my husband.

Nevertheless, I installed it by following Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion - Graphics and THE VIDEO GUIDE @outdatedTV. If anyone wants to jump ahead before I have the guide updated, it should not cause any issues with any additional mods added later on.

Lol I feel ya...my wife was out with the family tonight so I am back to modding my game. Elder Scrolls consumes us hahahaha

I'm currently following ponyrider0's [TUTORIAL] Converting Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion in my own setup. I'll be linking this to the guide as soon as I know I have it installed properly on my system. Ponyrider0 is also working on [WIP] MGSO 3.0 for Morroblivion. This Overhaul will not only be stunning in Morrowind and Oblivion, but I believe we be able to experience both games with all their full potential by the time the guide is fully completed. We will have both Morrowind and Oblivion compatible mods to play. Of course there will have to be a few CR patches to be created, but we have friends in high places (jdsmith2816  ::D: ).

BTW, Bevilex gave me permission to share the Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion - Graphics so long as I promise to give full credit and do not attempt to financially gain from it, which of course no one on our STEP team does. We love our games the same as everyone else and are just happy to be able to share what we learn with our fellow gamers.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I'm currently following ponyrider0's [TUTORIAL] Converting Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion in my own setup. I'll be linking this to the guide as soon as I know I have it installed properly on my system. Ponyrider0 is also working on [WIP] MGSO 3.0 for Morroblivion. This Overhaul will not only be stunning in Morrowind and Oblivion, but I believe we be able to experience both games with all their full potential by the time the guide is fully completed. We will have both Morrowind and Oblivion compatible mods to play. Of course there will have to be a few CR patches to be created, but we have friends in high places (jdsmith2816  ::D: ).

BTW, Bevilex gave me permission to share the Bevilex' modlist for Oblivion - Graphics so long as I promise to give full credit and do not attempt to financially gain from it, which of course no one on our STEP team does. We love our games the same as everyone else and are just happy to be able to share what we learn with our fellow gamers.

Hell yeah thanks for the link to MGSO!!! I just bookmarked it into my bookmark bar folder...will keep an eye on it on the daily as I do yours and some others for FO4. I immensely appreciate the work you are putting into this project as it is covering a complicated setup. I look forward to your work. I also have that conversation pinned in my mind from another thread about you maybe attempting an SSE guide in the future, as the modding scene matures (necessary tools etc.). Oh wow...Bevilex's modlist is quite amazing! and that conversion tutorial is extensive. Without STEP guides I firmly believe that the modding community would be very disjointed. STEP in an absolute necessity, for backbone work at the very least

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5
  • +1 1

I also have that conversation pinned in my mind from another thread about you maybe attempting an SSE guide in the future, as the modding scene matures (necessary tools etc.). 

I promise to get to it as soon as this guide is ready for release. I'm excited to see the mods paul666root and jdsmith2816 have worked up. I do enjoy working with them, so hopefully by the time I have this guide released, they will be ready for me to edit their work into a new SSE guide.

I have also promised guides for Skyblivion and Skywind friends when they are released. Both are still in the works, but as soon as it is reasonably possible, I will create Mod Pack guides for them as well.

The Elder Scrolls will live on and continue to grow so long as the fans still love to play and the mod authors continue to share their creations with us!

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 2

The guide has been updated with a link to [TUTORIAL] Converting Tamriel Rebuilt to Morroblivion for advanced modders. This has been placed in the Pre-requisite Steps section because vanilla versions of each game is required before following the tutorial. Nevertheless, those who know how can complete this tutorial at anytime. Ponyrider0 is still working to not only create an automated converter for Tamriel Rebuilt for Morroblivion, but also still working on improving the conversion itself. 

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I have spent most of the weekend working a couple of hours here and there trying to clean up what I have currently edited in the guide. It has been updated with a few notes, especially letting users know what mods are specifically related to Morroblivion. I also remembered to insert TES4Edit Cleaning Required for the mods that need cleaning. There are some other minor edits that I felt were necessary as I was reviewing the guide.

ADDED: Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul at the end of the FCOM Convergence CORE Install section. 

I still haven't decided what mods to include or remove on the optional Quests and Adventures, or Overhaul Expansions sections. I'll probably review them today and try to get my list together. I will take any suggestions into consideration.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I have spent most of the weekend working a couple of hours here and there trying to clean up what I have currently edited in the guide. It has been updated with a few notes, especially letting users know what mods are specifically related to Morroblivion. I also remembered to insert TES4Edit Cleaning Required for the mods that need cleaning. There are some other minor edits that I felt were necessary as I was reviewing the guide.

ADDED: Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul at the end of the FCOM Convergence CORE Install section. 

I still haven't decided what modss when  to include or remove on the optional Quests and Adventures, or Overhaul Expansions sections. I'll probably review them today and try to get my list together. I will take any suggestions into consideration.

Lol I wouldn't even know what to suggest, as I am not sure how compatibility works when it comes to morroblivion

I'll have to spend a couple of days backing up in the edits I have already put into the guide. Apparently I have run out of space and will need to figure out the best way to consolidate a few tables as I have maxed out my template use. I apologize for the delay, but I promise I'm still working on it. 

Morroblivion Overhaul has moved!

It is now loacated at  User talk:Diana TES GotH/Morroblivion Overhaul which should accommodate the size and scope of the guide.

It will probably take me a few days to copy all of my edits into the new page, but I already much prefer it to the template forms I was previously using.

Anyone who notices any errors in the guide, please point them out to me as my copy and paste doesn't always maintain it's original format. While I am trying to make certain to preview everything carefully before I save, this doesn't mean I will catch all of my mistakes.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

The upside of moving the guide is that now the Table of Contents will provide a link to each mod within  a section, and everything is numbered. I like having this option as a user. I am about 1/2 way through copying over the edits I had on the old Pack Page. Hopefully by the weekend I can get back into testing a few more mods to add to the guide.