Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

When I got up this morning I decided to completely wipe everything I had done so far and start again. I realised that a new version of Wrye Bash had been released, I was still using Wrye Bash 307 Beta 1 so I got excited thinking I had found my problem. I followed the guide through and the same thing has happened. My load order never changes.

Could it matter that I'm still on Windows 7?

I have to be missing something simple but for the life of me I cant see what, the instructions aren't complicated after all.

1.activate all plugins in Wrye Bash

2.Close Wrye Bash

3.Copy Plugins.txt from the MOB Overhaul package I downloaded and paste it into Users/Stuart/AppData/Local/Oblivion overwriting the existing file.

4.Run Wrye bash and at this stage it should order my plugins according to the order recorded in the Plugins.txt I downloaded and pasted?

When I got up this morning I decided to completely wipe everything I had done so far and start again. I realised that a new version of Wrye Bash had been released, I was still using Wrye Bash 307 Beta 1 so I got excited thinking I had found my problem. I followed the guide through and the same thing has happened. My load order never changes.

Could it matter that I'm still on Windows 7?

I have to be missing something simple but for the life of me I cant see what, the instructions aren't complicated after all.

1.activate all plugins in Wrye Bash

2.Close Wrye Bash

3.Copy Plugins.txt from the MOB Overhaul package I downloaded and paste it into Users/Stuart/AppData/Local/Oblivion overwriting the existing file.

4.Run Wrye bash and at this stage it should order my plugins according to the order recorded in the Plugins.txt I downloaded and pasted?

Try this one, just in case I have made an error with the other uploaded one: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CqBCNfoP-VhikhPkHM2TFxdAjlY5I8YC?usp=sharing

Try this one, just in case I have made an error with the other uploaded one: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CqBCNfoP-VhikhPkHM2TFxdAjlY5I8YC?usp=sharing

Exactly the same but thanks for the extra effort.

I could go ahead and manually order the plugins but I'm afraid I have an underlying issue I can't find that may come back to haunt me 10 hours later.

Exactly the same but thanks for the extra effort.

I could go ahead and manually order the plugins but I'm afraid I have an underlying issue I can't find that may come back to haunt me 10 hours later.

If it was not for the load order being so dependent on the CR Patch that will be installed at the end, I would still be using BOSS for the convenience of sorting. For now, BOSS is only useful for the information it relays regarding "Dirty" plugins and Bash Suggestions. Even with the Bash Suggestions, we will be disabling the Wrye Bashed Patch 0.esp and creating our own in the end.  But I am leaving BOSS information in the guide because BOSS is really the only sorting utility maintained for Oblivion. LOOT does not support Oblivion the same. JD does not use either, so the CR Patches he creates for modlists he builds from scratch in his own unique way.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I'm pressing ahead anyway, I really want to try this and I know if I go for another mod list it will always be in the back of my mind that this would be better.

Plus I think I can learn a lot following your guide and learning something new is never a waste of time.

I can follow the order in the plugins.txt for ordering my plugins correct?

I'm pressing ahead anyway, I really want to try this and I know if I go for another mod list it will always be in the back of my mind that this would be better.

Plus I think I can learn a lot following your guide and learning something new is never a waste of time.

Yes

Yes, stick with the order listed in the Plugins.txt, especially that latest one from my google drive. I'm still seeing a few plugins I am having to reorder due to master dependencies as I move along with my own re installation of the guide. The reason so many changes are being made is that I am no longer working alone to set up the Morroblivion Overhaul.

Many of those plugins listed in the Plugins.txt will be disabled at the end because they will be absorbed into the CR Patch.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

I will be starting the Textures and Meshes edits today. You'll see many of them moved into a new category. This will simplify the install order, their categories, and shorten each Textures and Meshes section for those who install by section. I'm also coming up with a solution to have the ability to test the setup before moving onto the next section. I was able to test my Landscapes by waiting to install the patches that are dependent on [ECTV] MTCExpandedVillages, [ECTV] Open Cities Reborn, and [ECTV] Reapers BleakerWay Revamp. I will list those patches at the end of the [Landscape] section so that users can also test the setup before moving onto to the next section.

Update: [Landscape] and [sound] sections are now edited with testing instructions.

Update: [Textures & Meshes] Base and [Textures & Meshes] Landscape section is complete.

Added Special Installation Instructions to [Textures & Meshes][Landscape] Caves retexture.

Update: [Textures & Meshes][Flora]  is complete.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH