Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Hmm, never mind. Seems I've solved the issue. Just have to load OCO (+ its patches and what-not) after the Bashed Patch. Is that normally necessary?

"Apocalypse Now - Quest.esp" has some incompabitilities in the Race subrecords which appears to cause the Oblivion engine to bug-out.  At least on my partially completed Morroblivion Overhaul installation, using TES4Edit to delete the entire Race record branch from "Apocalypse Now - Quest.esp" will fix it.

Hey I have been a MO user for years and am quite proficient with it. But am deciding to learn wrye bash this time around. is there a reason why my  Vanilla + DLC Meshes & Textures archive I created is a light red box after being installed? According to the wrye bash readme it means that "Some or all of the files in the package are not installed as configured." 

The archive contains distantlod, meshes, sound, textures and trees folders as per the bsa loose files instructions. below is the wrye bash installer tab image as well as a snip of the archive folder structure.

post-9723-0-82722900-1516062776_thumb.jpg

post-9723-0-17419600-1516063039_thumb.jpg

Hey I have been a MO user for years and am quite proficient with it. But am deciding to learn wrye bash this time around. is there a reason why my  Vanilla + DLC Meshes & Textures archive I created is a light red box after being installed? According to the wrye bash readme it means that "Some or all of the files in the package are not installed as configured." 

The archive contains distantlod, meshes, sound, textures and trees folders as per the bsa loose files instructions. below is the wrye bash installer tab image as well as a snip of the archive folder structure.

It can be normal for some users. Apparently it is an issue with Windows OS 64 bit version. You can right click on the mod and select Anneal, or Install Missing to see if it clears. Even if it doesn't, you can move on as the Oblivion UOP will replace those files that get flagged with the red check box. Arthmoor explains the issue in GOG Community here.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

ok thank you Diana. One more question. In the OBSE step, are we also supposed to copy the data folder that contains the obse.ini file  over to the main oblivion directory along with the other 4 files? I only as because it says to do so in the readme that comes in the obse archive

ok thank you Diana. One more question. In the OBSE step, are we also supposed to copy the data folder that contains the obse.ini file  over to the main oblivion directory along with the other 4 files? I only as because it says to do so in the readme that comes in the obse archive

Yes. I recommend that all users do this. All the dll files and executables will have to be manually installed into the Oblivion root folder, where the Oblivion.exe is located. Wrye Bash users can archive and install the Data folder files with Wrye Bash. Mod Organizer users should always install all OBSE files manually.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Update: Modlist Install Order and Plugins Load Order are now finished. They can be located just below the Finish Line Section. These additions to the guide add convenience for users to compare their modlist order and plugins load order while finalizing their own setup.

The final phase is to work out any bugs reported by users and update the crpatch.esp accordingly.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Yes. I recommend that all users do this. All the dll files and executables will have to be manually installed into the Oblivion root folder, where the Oblivion.exe is located. Wrye Bash users can archive and install the Data folder files with Wrye Bash. Mod Organizer users should always install all OBSE files manually.

for these tools I install everything manually I don't repackage. Mods are the only items I use a mod manager for. To be brutally honest, as someone who has been modding for years and am used to just extracting and moving files, I couldn't follow the step for the OBSE where we use the working folder you had us create. I just downloaded the zip, extracted it with 7zip, copied your indicated doc files into the docs folder into the doc folder in the oblivion data folder and then the rest of the files directly into the the oblivion main directory. This is how I always have done things. I partition my hard drives so that each bethesda game has it's own "drive" and store all downloaded mods in another hard drive to be remotely installed via mod manager. This keeps my directories in pristine condition.  I have never used the download with manager button on the nexus I always manually install with MO or NMM

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Here is another question. In your construction set step you indicate for us to manually move the sound folder and the readme in the Lip Template folder (not the esp)into the main oblivion directory. However the readme states for us to move those contents into the oblivion data folder. Which one is it? I apologize if I seem like I am picking at it but I figure you may appreciate any feedback (for clarification purposes). 

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Here is another question. In your construction set step you indicate for us to manually move the sound folder and the readme in the Lip Template folder (not the esp)into the main oblivion directory. However the readme states for us to move those contents into the oblivion data folder. Which one is it? I apologize if I seem like I am picking at it but I figure you may appreciate any feedback (for clarification purposes). 

They belong in the Data directory. I'll go back to review the instructions and correct them. Thank you for pointing it out.

• +1 1

for these tools I install everything manually I don't repackage. Mods are the only items I use a mod manager for. To be brutally honest, as someone who has been modding for years and am used to just extracting and moving files, I couldn't follow the step for the OBSE where we use the working folder you had us create. I just downloaded the zip, extracted it with 7zip, copied your indicated doc files into the docs folder into the doc folder in the oblivion data folder and then the rest of the files directly into the the oblivion main directory. This is how I always have done things. I partition my hard drives so that each bethesda game has it's own "drive" and store all downloaded mods in another hard drive to be remotely installed via mod manager. This keeps my directories in pristine condition.  I have never used the download with manager button on the nexus I always manually install with MO or NMM

Thanks for your brutal honesty. You are obviously a very advanced modder and also not afraid of writing out your thoughts and opinions. You're method of manually installing OBSE and related plugins makes a lot of sense for MO users. Why don't you share your installation method for OBSE by writing out step by step instructions.  I'm certain that Diana and the community would appreciate any help in revising the guide to be easier to follow.  Thanks!

Thanks for your brutal honesty. You are obviously a very advanced modder and also not afraid of writing out your thoughts and opinions. You're method of manually installing OBSE and related plugins makes a lot of sense for MO users. Why don't you share your installation method for OBSE by writing out step by step instructions.  I'm certain that Diana and the community would appreciate any help in revising the guide to be easier to follow.  Thanks!

Oh no I would never pretend to be at Diana's level as she has the know-how to create this guide and help with other ones. I am still a novice but have just picked up certain habits over the years when following other STEP guides. As far as I know she has a reason for asking us to do it that way. Also I am a complete noob when it comes to wrye bash so I have been reading the guides and watching a few of Gopher's videos. I have always known though that technically Wrye Bash is a far better modding utility than all the others. NMM is like the Iphone of mod managers, easy interface and plug and go. Mod Organizer (my favorite for years, blessed be to Tannin) is like the android OS in that it has more functionality and has a much nicer interface. Wrye Bash is like learning a new compiler language lol....But most of the advanced modders use it for a reason. 

Hell my conflict resolution patching abilities are....ok I guess...but I have a lot to learn

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5