Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

• 2 weeks later...

This is just an update to let everyone know that the guide is still being worked on. I have just had a bit of a set back with some health issues. JD has been helping me figure out what mods will be compatible and we're working out the mod list together. I believe everyone will be pleased when it is all finished.

We have deviated from Bevilex's Mod List, but it is still an awesome setup and some of the same mods recommended by Bevilex will be used in the Morroblivion Overhaul.

Hello Diana,

I just wanted to say thank you for this guide!

I have never quite been able to play Morrowind, due to the clunky controls and combat so I am very excited to try this. I am starting from the beginning of your guide today.

There is so much work that goes into something like this and I understand the time and the need to take some breaks.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

• +1 1

Thank you pt1f4b and Aylonwe, hopefully within the next week or two I'll be feeling back to my old self and can get right back into the guide. I thought I could today, but the mind couldn't focus and the body crashed on me too soon so I had to lie down and rest. Once I do feel better, I have to spend a little time catching up on some household chores too. 

I have never quite been able to play Morrowind, due to the clunky controls and combat so I am very excited to try this. I am starting from the beginning of your guide today.

I think we pretty much have the guide ready up through all the fixes (there may be some minor tweaking later on). I'm still working out the Morroblivion Overhaul section and beyond. Nevertheless, if you install up through the Morroblivion with Fixes sections, I believe you'll find it is much less "clunky" to play Morrowind in the Oblivion game engine. I enjoy playing Morroblivion. Of course, Oblivion still has it quirks too, even with all the fixes applied, but JD, ponyrider0, and others are working on patches that will reduce the little annoyances that pop up in the game.

If you are wanting to play Morroblivion with FCOM, that section has been moved to the Morroblivion_Overhaul_with_FCOM PAGE and it is as finished as it is going be. I will not be playing FCOM myself and therefore I will not be spending any more time on that section.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

I can't think of anything right now, but I appreciate the offer and I will reach out if I find that I need help. 

I look forward to diving back into this guide as soon as I am able.  ::D:

Updated and Revised: All sections up to Morroblivion with Fixes.

Added BSA extraction recommendations for Vanilla + DLC Meshes & Textures, Harvest [Flora] Meshes & Textures, and Morroblivion v064 Meshes & Textures.

NOTE: All extracted textures will be optimized towards the end of the guide.

Most Morroblivion mods are now listed in the Morroblivion with Fixes section (with the exception of Morroblivion Compatibility Patches which will be installed just below its counterpart).

A few more Morroblivion mods that will be added (whether in the Morroblivion Section or later in the guide) are:

1. Armored Skeletons by qwertyasdfgh

2. Ash creatures as races by Valtallan

3. Better Creatures by superliuk

4. BM - Grahl Replacer by Puddles

5. Buyable Houses of Vvardenfell by qwertyasdfgh with buyable_houses_unofficial_update.7z

6. Clothing Galore by qwertyasdfgh v1.3

7. CM Partners Unofficial v3.0 with Morroblivion add-on by ponyrider0

8. Guar Mounts & Pack Guars v1.1 by ponyrider0

9. Morroblivion Clothes Replacer Beta by eloth

10. MorrOblivion Clothing For Female HGEC Body by Oldwolf58

11. Morroblivion Lights-and-Darkness by ponyrider0

12. Morrowind_ob - Like Son, Like Mother by Puddles 

13. Morroblivion-OCO2 Facelift v0.2 by ponyrider0

14. Morroblivion Storms and Sounds Compatibility Patch (Requires: Storms and Sound v3 lightning for all weathers)

15. Morroblivion - The Symphony of Creatures by Puddles and symphony-guarmounts-patch.7z

16. Morroblivion Weapons Overhaul by helpfulperson

17. Nerevarine Armor by asteriasennall

18. Reznod Mannequins (Morroblivion) by AgentsAreGO (Requires: Reznod Mannequinsby reznod 3.0)

19. Skyrim-style Horker by Puddles

20. Sugar Tolerance by frond

21. Vvardenfell Imports Unofficial Repack by themythofanst

22. Weapons Of Morrowind by InsanitySorrow v1.0

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 1

As I'm revising this guide, I also plan to learn how to create my own patches. I have found only two tutorials so far: Oblivion: Creating Compatibility Patches by Arthmoor and Compatibility Patch Creation Tutorial by Committee. I will probably also work on creating a new tutorial guide for creating compatibility patches as these guides haven't been updated since June 2010. I feel there is a need for this as many of us have expressed a desire to learn how to create our own CR Patches for our favorite compilations. 

CreationKit.com: TES5Edit Documentation - Conflict Detection and Resolution provides detailed information.

Darkfox127 has a youtube video tutorial: Creation Kit Tutorial (Creating a Patch).

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 1

...I will probably also work on creating a new tutorial guide for creating compatibility patches...

...I feel there is a need for this as many of us have expressed a desire to learn how to create our own CR Patches for our favorite compilations...

+1 To this   :woot:

Thanks heaps in advance Diana. I'd totally be into that.

I probably would have tried stumbling through making my own CR patch sooner, but PC issues and PC reorganisation in the home hasn't seen me get into any gaming of late, so hopefully down the track when I finally get to again, this might be done and if so, will no doubt make CR patching much easier.

Thanks also for all your hard work on this guide, much appreciated   ::D:

+1 To this   :woot:

Thanks heaps in advance Diana. I'd totally be into that.

Thanks also for all your hard work on this guide, much appreciated   ::D:

Thank you!  ::): I started writing guides and tutorials to benefit me because I have become absent minded the older I get.  :confusion: 

When I found the STEP Wiki (about 4 or 5 years ago), not only was I impressed with the Official Step Guides, but I admired the dedication of all the contributors here. It inspired me to share my own work. It has really only been the past couple of years that I have dedicated myself to become more involved in the community as other members like myself continue to reach out for more content. When I feel confident that I can share quality guides and tutorials, I will try to edit them (as best I can) from the viewpoint of a newbie.

I am still learning many new things myself and working to piece together what I learn from others who share their work. I have several gaming friends that take their time to work with me as I learn. Really, they deserve the credit, as all my guides will reflect in the Credits section where I collect my information. I am just passing the information on because I know it will benefit others as much as it has me. I just feel honored to be given the opportunity to share it here with the very people who inspired me.  ::D:

I have the Overhauls sections finished, for the most part. I am struggling with Supreme Magicka Update instructions for script editing. I can't seem to figure out how to save the script in CSE. I'll keep researching the topic and hopefully have the proper instructions edited in by the end of the day.

If anyone wishes to pipe in and explain to me how to properly edit and save scripts, I would love to hear from you. I have a discord server now with a morroblivion-overhaul channel for anyone who would prefer to chat about this topic. Diana TES GotH on Discord

Afterwards I'll move on to the UI section. JD has a beautiful setup and new mods for me try, but he has been really busy lately, so I'm not certain how I will proceed. I really like the Dark UIs and used them in my previous game setup. I would also love to recommend the Morroblivion mods that spruce up the UI, including Loading Screens, Maps, Menus, etc...

I'm going to participate in a few courses at TESA's ESIV: Oblivion School for the next week or two. Hopefully I'll learn how to use some new skills while editing this guide, (especially how to edit Scripts properly, and also how to create the CR patches that will be needed). Many of the courses were released in 2009, but they are still relevant. I'll use the updated utilities (OBSE, CSE, Wrye Bash, TES4Edit, etc...) as I progress through the lessons and keep notes that will be edited into a more modern tutorial or guide.

Of course, this means that I will be taking another break from editing Morroblivion Overhaul for at least a couple of more weeks.  :unsure:

• +1 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Diana - thanks for such a nice guide. I just reinstalled Morrowind and Oblivion and was looking at doing a Morroblivion playthrough, since I never did give Morrowind a go and while I spent 100s of hours in Oblivion, never finished the main quest, haha. :)

Before starting in on your guide, I did want to ask about this:

We have deviated from Bevilex's Mod List, but it is still an awesome setup and some of the same mods recommended by Bevilex will be used in the Morroblivion Overhaul.

I haven't been following the Oblivion mod scene over the years, so I'm probably going to ask some dumb questions, but in terms of graphics overhauls, I was thinking of following Bevilex's guide to complement yours since you're still working through those sections. Based on this comment, I assume that'd be fine and they'd play nicely together? Including adding ENB and Oblivion Reloaded parts of his guide? In what ways are you seeing your guide deviate from Bevilex's?

Also, in your experience, how stable is this Morrowblivion experience? I have a good, modern rig, but that can probably only do so much for the Oblivion game engine. I'm fine dealing with CTDs so long as they aren't too frequent - just want to go in eyes wide open. :)

Thanks!

Hello Diana - thanks for such a nice guide. I just reinstalled Morrowind and Oblivion and was looking at doing a Morroblivion playthrough, since I never did give Morrowind a go and while I spent 100s of hours in Oblivion, never finished the main quest, haha. :)

Before starting in on your guide, I did want to ask about this:

I haven't been following the Oblivion mod scene over the years, so I'm probably going to ask some dumb questions, but in terms of graphics overhauls, I was thinking of following Bevilex's guide to complement yours since you're still working through those sections. Based on this comment, I assume that'd be fine and they'd play nicely together? Including adding ENB and Oblivion Reloaded parts of his guide? In what ways are you seeing your guide deviate from Bevilex's?

Also, in your experience, how stable is this Morrowblivion experience? I have a good, modern rig, but that can probably only do so much for the Oblivion game engine. I'm fine dealing with CTDs so long as they aren't too frequent - just want to go in eyes wide open. :)

Thanks!

You are welcome. ::): Yes, I believe Bevilex's Mod list will compliment nicely, however I have not thoroughly tested it out myself. A few patches may be needed, especially in the Morrowind landscape. Morroblivion itself is fairly stable with all the patches that the fans have created. There is talk of a Morroblivion v65, but no one can say for sure when it will be released. I will keep the guide updated with any new releases. 

I'm still working on my online lessons for the Oblivion Construction Set. I haven't gotten into the scripting just yet, but after I complete some of these basic lessons, I will jump back into the guide to finish it up and work on any needed patches. Honestly, I expected to have the guide finished by now, but I want to learn as much as I can about creating my own patches and mods to complement the guide as I work through it. 

In a couple of weeks the honey and I will be taking at least a 2 week vacation to celebrate our 13th anniversary (he is taking 18 days off from his job). I am trying to cram as much as I can to learn the Construction Kit and finalize the mods I want to implement into the guide before then, but it may even be mid to end September before I can finish. Hopefully not, but I can't make any promises.