Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

I dont think the website is coming back any time soon... Kinda regret spending so much time on this guide for it to just poof on me 1/2 the way through.

Gonna just mod normal Morrowind so I can play Tamriel Rebuilt. Thanks anyways.

The wiki will be back up at some point today I would imagine. It's only been down for a few hours. Probably just a server issue or maintenance. Edited by Jim102929

do u have a copy of the guide? I was working on it for the past week or so in my free time but the sites been down for a couple days and I would really like to finish it.

I dont think the website is coming back any time soon... Kinda regret spending so much time on this guide for it to just poof on me 1/2 the way through.

Gonna just mod normal Morrowind so I can play Tamriel Rebuilt. Thanks anyways.

The administrators are aware of the problem and trying to get it back up and running. I was only aware about an hour ago that the STEP Wiki was even down. It is rare for it to be down for longer than a couple of days, so my advice is just to check back in daily.

Hey Diana I have BethINI set to modify the INI files for the morroblivion profile, which doesn't touch the INI files in my documents folder. So for the tweaks under final premod install section should I make all of those modifications to my MO profile ones in the mod organizer folder? If so then I will just use the ini editor tool in the MO interface and edit them there

Edited by Gilgamesh2k5

Hey Diana I have BethINI set to modify the INI files for the morroblivion profile, which doesn't touch the INI files in my documents folder. So for the tweaks under final premod install section should I make all of those modifications to my MO profile ones in the mod organizer folder? If so then I will just use the ini editor tool in the MO interface and edit them there

Some of the Oblivion.ini tweaks are listed because they are required for Oblivion Reloaded. If you find you are running into issues after installing Oblivion Reloaded, you may wish to refer back to this section to compare the BethINI tweaks with the ones recommended. 

For uses that are unable to wait for the wiki-pages to come back online, you can always try to use the google cached version from Jan-17-2017 here:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6hwYY0Lk1IAJ:wiki.step-project.com/User_talk:Diana_TES_GotH/Morroblivion_Overhaul+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

I also saved the cached version as a PDF file and posted it here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pdc41sbz1cy256d/User_talk_Diana_TES_GotH_Morroblivion_Overhaul_-_S.T.E.P.pdf

• +1 1

As somewhat of a newbie to Wrye Bash, I was wondering, can you install mods in bulk, or must you install them one at a time? For example, let's say I have 10 texture mods placed in the Installers tab, and they're all in the correct order for installation. If I were to highlight all 10 and install them, would they be installed properly?

D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4LODGen.exe "-O:D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen\"

D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit.exe "-B:D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit Backups\"

What is the correct way these are supposed to be written in the target field?

If i put the quotes how you have them it just gives me an error.

This is the only way I was able to get it to work:

"C:\Users\--\Desktop\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit.exe" -B:C:\Users\--\Desktop\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit Backups\

Also because of this the DistantLOD ended up going into my data folder and overwriting files instead of into the BASH installer folder. Do I need to put the original DistantLOD back into the data folder or will this work?

Edited by lerfds

D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4LODGen.exe "-O:D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen\"

D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit.exe "-B:D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit Backups\"

What is the correct way these are supposed to be written in the target field?

If i put the quotes how you have them it just gives me an error.

This is the only way I was able to get it to work:

"C:\Users\--\Desktop\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit.exe" -B:C:\Users\--\Desktop\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit Backups\

Also because of this the DistantLOD ended up going into my data folder and overwriting files instead of into the BASH installer folder. Do I need to put the original DistantLOD back into the data folder or will this work?

I just edited the guide to add an additional step for TES4Edit.  You MUST create the folder "D:\Steam\steamapps\Common\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4Edit Backups\", otherwise TES4Edit will fail when you try to save.  The shortcut command line can be typed exactly as it appears, as long as the directory exists. 

Regarding TES4LODGen, if the DistantLOD is being generated in your \Oblivion\Data folder, then you probably did not use the "-O:" flag for TES4LODGen output.  Perhaps you tried to use the "-B:" flag instead?  If the "-O:" flag is used and the directory is typed correctly, then the TES4LODGen folder is automatically created in Bash Installers (unlike TES4Edit which refuses to work if you don't create the backup directory prior to saving).

Edited by ponyrider0

Thanks for the information.

Does that mean that the dlc files I cleaned werent saved? because a few of them ended up with a slightly smaller filesize after cleaning.

The DistantLOD actually ended up being installed to a brand new Oblivion folder. The only file in the folder was a distantLOD folder.

After pasting this new folder into Bash installers it seems to have worked fine.

Edit: I tried recleaning one of the already cleaned DLC files and sure enough they were saved. No changes were made after applying the filter for cleaning and undeleting/disabling references and cleaning itm records.

I also unchecked the backup box as I already had backups and didnt need extras of the same file, if that makes a difference.

Edited by lerfds

Thanks for the information.

Does that mean that the dlc files I cleaned werent saved? because a few of them ended up with a slightly smaller filesize after cleaning.

The DistantLOD actually ended up being installed to a brand new Oblivion folder. The only file in the folder was a distantLOD folder.

After pasting this new folder into Bash installers it seems to have worked fine.

Edit: I tried recleaning one of the already cleaned DLC files and sure enough they were saved. No changes were made after applying the filter for cleaning and undeleting/disabling references and cleaning itm records.

I also unchecked the backup box as I already had backups and didnt need extras of the same file, if that makes a difference.

It sounds like you did not edit the shortcut commandline properly.  The fact that you said it is a "brand new Oblivion folder" suggests that you did not change the name to point to the correct pathname for your setup.  What is the exact path to your Oblivion game directory?  What is the exact path to your Wrye Bash Oblivion Mods directory?  What is the exact commandline you are using in your TES4LODGen shortcut?  Please provide more details, otherwise no one will be able to help you.

If TES4Edit is saving without showing an error message in a popup window, then it is probably succeeding.  Perhaps you already created the appropriate TES4Edit Backup directory without realizing it.

Edited by ponyrider0

I disabled backups for tes4edit, so its not trying to back anything up or requiring a backup folder, at least thats what I assume.

Here is exactly what the target line says and what my bash installers folder location is.

TES4Lodgen target field from a shortcut in mopy\apps:

"C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4LODGen.exe" -o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen\

Bash Installers\TES4lodgen folder location:

C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen

The new Oblivion folder is being created by TES4lodgen in this location:

C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion\DistantLOD

??????.. lol

The fix that seems to work is just pasting the folder into the place its supposed to go and then installing it through wrye bash.

I havent tested it yet but wrye bash is showing the necessary files under "configured files"

Edited by lerfds