Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

TES4Lodgen target field from a shortcut in mopy\apps:

"C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4LODGen.exe" -o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen\

The above line is not working because you are not putting double-quotes around the entire path.  All commandline arguments are separated by SPACES unless you use double-quotes.  So it thinks that "-o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion" is the first argument, and "Main" is the second, and "Files\Oblivion" is the third, etc.

Use this line instead:

C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4LODGen.exe "-o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen\"

Unfortunatly it gives me that error but thanks to this I realized that it is because of a space. that is why it has been going to -o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion\, because of the space here -o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion( )Main Files\

The error tells me -o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion is not valid.

If I remove the spaces then I will have to redefine the games location in every shortcut and in the registry. That will be an immense amount of work.

I think im just going to let it go to a specified folder for this on my desktop and call it good.

Unless ofcourse you know a workaround for this space problem!

Thank you for the help in figuring this out =)

Try putting the double-quotes around the entire commandline then like this:

"C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion\TES4Edit\TES4LODGen.exe -o:C:\Users\dbs\Desktop\Oblivion\Oblivion Main Files\Oblivion Mods\Bash Installers\TES4LODGen\"

Copy and paste that exact line into the Shortcut dialog window's Target text field.  Sorry, that's all the advice I can give, I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you.  Good luck.

Edited by ponyrider0

Still doesnt work, I tried doing some research on google as well and finding anything on this seems to be impossible =/

It's ok though because as long as I dont have any spaces in the non-quoted part of the target field it works fine so I just made a temporary folder for this then I can easily just copy it to bash installers.

I have to say, using the working folder for the obse plugins makes more sense the more I think about it...that way we can utilize the VFS of MO and keep the oblivion data folder pristine by avoiding manual install...I retract my previous statement. 

At least for me, MO seems to be ignoring obse plugins (.DLL files).  If they did work, then managing through MO would be great.  Currently, my workaround is to manage obse plugins via Wrye Bash outside of MO.

ALSO:

I updated the "Oblivion Official Plugins/DLC BAIN Package" section so that it is hopefully more consistent and easy to follow.  Please let me know if anyone still finds it difficult to follow.

Edited by ponyrider0
  • +1 1

I have to say, using the working folder for the obse plugins makes more sense the more I think about it...that way we can utilize the VFS of MO and keep the oblivion data folder pristine by avoiding manual install...I retract my previous statement. 

At least for me, MO seems to be ignoring obse plugins (.DLL files).  If they did work, then managing through MO would be great.  Currently, my workaround is to manage obse plugins via Wrye Bash outside of MO.

MO also ignores obse plugins for me. I'm just a stickler for order, and often use templates that help me keep a consistent order to my mods. This is the reason for my "Working Folder" reference with all mods that need to be repackaged. I do the same whether it is being installed with MO or WB.

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

Well what I have been doing is this step Diana put in the guide:

1. Use the Working Folder structure to repackage the mod.
2. In the Docs folder create an OBSE Docs folder and move the readme and info docs into it.
3. Move the remaining .dll and related OBSE Plugin files into the OBSE\Plugins folder.
4. Now that the mod is repackaged properly, archive and install the mod.
5. Right click on the mod, select "Open in explorer".
Right click on the OBSE folder and select "Cut".
Right click on the Oblivion\Data folder and select "Paste".
Note: Although this will leave an empty directory, it shows that the mod has been installed. This will allow the user to input information about the mod and be informed of any updates.

That way they are still "installed in MO" (even though the mod only has the docs folder, at least it acts like a record in that it was installed). This way we can use MO in a sense, but we are just manually installing the OBSE plugins directly into the data folder. I tried to use Wrye Bash but I guess after modding for so many years I am just over-comfortable with MO. Wrye Bash is too foreign to me and I don't have the time to get balls deep into it like I used to. This simple  5 step process above is simple and effective and eliminates the one need for using WB

MO also ignores obse plugins for me. I'm just a stickler for order, and often use templates that help me keep a consistent order to my mods. This is the reason for my "Working Folder" reference with all mods that need to be repackaged. I do the same whether it is being installed with MO or WB.

Yeah I realized after I retracted my statement that MO would not use the plugins, then I went back to the top of the guide and found that 5 step process. Hey Diana or Pony, just a quick suggestion but for the extenders section of the guide where you have the working folder step for all of them. For those of us that use MO can you add in another line for each of them to remind MO users to cut and paste the OBSE folder from MO/mods to the oblivion data folder? You do mention it at the top of the guide but I forgot and installed them all without that last step

ALSO:

I updated the "Oblivion Official Plugins/DLC BAIN Package" section so that it is hopefully more consistent and easy to follow.  Please let me know if anyone still finds it difficult to follow.

Hey Pony for this I didnt do any Bain package or anything. I just opened TES4Edit, cleaned each one, grabbed the cleaned esp out of the MO overwrite folder and dragged it back into the oblivion data folder..Then I double checked to make sure they were clean by running each one through TES4Edit again. The backups are located in the TES4Edit backups folder. This is how I have always cleaned my ESP's is this method okay?

As long as the cleaned versions are being loaded by MO, I say that's good enough.  :thumbsup:  The only advantage you get from putting it into a mod is that you can quickly go back to the non-cleaned version, but there are no reasons I can think of where someone would really need to use the non-cleaned versions over the cleaned ones.

Hey Diana or Pony, just a quick suggestion but for the extenders section of the guide where you have the working folder step for all of them. For those of us that use MO can you add in another line for each of them to remind MO users to cut and paste the OBSE folder from MO/mods to the oblivion data folder? You do mention it at the top of the guide but I forgot and installed them all without that last step

I'll take a look at it... I'll probably add an MO reminder line to each one a few at a time since there are so many.
Edited by ponyrider0

MO reminders now added to all OBSE plugins.  All the sections were connected together, so editing was much faster than I thought. ** NOTE ** some of the .DLL in that section are not OBSE plugins, follow their specific directions to place them in their appropriate directory (usually \Oblivion game directory where Oblivion.exe is).

Edited by ponyrider0