Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Hey Diana,

Just a quick question, are you working with physical versions of this game, i.e. on CD/DVD, or with digital versions, i.e. from Steam/GOG/etc.?

In your opinion, is working with one or the other easier?

Reason for asking is that Humble Bundle is having a sale at the moment and I'm just wondering whether to pickup TES3 and TES4 through there or not. I'm happy to go either route, but it might be harder to pickup physical copies as cheap as their digital counterparts!

On another note, Humble Bundle only offers Steam keys and I'd rather go through GOG as then I don't have to rely on Steam ... but then, I've got to wait for GOG to have a sale that includes TES3 and TES4.

Ahhh, decisions, decisions, decisions!

Either way, I've got to pick up a copy of TES3 as I don't have that at all and I'd like to get my hands on the TES4 GOTY Deluxe version as I only have the standard GOTY version currently.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

Hey Diana,

Just a quick question, are you working with physical versions of this game, i.e. on CD/DVD, or with digital versions, i.e. from Steam/GOG/etc.?

In your opinion, is working with one or the other easier?

Reason for asking is that Humble Bundle is having a sale at the moment and I'm just wondering whether to pickup TES3 and TES4 through there or not. I'm happy to go either route, but it might be harder to pickup physical copies as cheap as their digital counterparts!

On another note, Humble Bundle only offers Steam keys and I'd rather go through GOG as then I don't have to rely on Steam ... but then, I've got to wait for GOG to have a sale that includes TES3 and TES4.

Ahhh, decisions, decisions, decisions!

Either way, I've got to pick up a copy of TES3 as I don't have that at all and I'd like to get my hands on the TES4 GOTY Deluxe version as I only have the standard GOTY version currently.

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

I have TES Anthology disk versions, but I linked my installations through my Steam account so that I could play my games digitally. You can install either way you prefer to. While Morrowind is necessary to run Morroblivion, all the utilities and mods will be directed to the Oblivion directory. I say go for the sale.  :yes: So long as the games are the official versions and not "cracked", if you run into any problems we'll try to work together to resolve them.  ::):

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still closely following this beautiful guide Diana. Keep up the great work!

Thank you. I'll be getting back on the guide in a few days. The honey and I are winding down from our 3 week vacation. I'm still trying to learn the Oblivion Construction Set. I believe I understand the basics now. After I take the final exam, I will move on to learn more about scripting and hopefully have a better understanding of how to create patches for my current (and any future) guide in progress. It may take me a couple of more weeks before I get back into finalizing the Morroblivion Overhaul, but I would rather release a guide that I know functions properly and I can help trouble shoot for others, than to release a "modlist" that I like but doesn't quite fit together without the proper patches. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Just as an FYI: If you're still waiting to pick up TES3 and TES4 or you want the version of TES3/TES4 with all the bells and whistles, then, they're on sale now @ GOG with 40% off!

These are AU prices, so they may be a little different in other areas.

Just sharing the love  ::D:

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

EDIT: Sorry, should have added that the sale lasts 7 days; it ends October 24, 2017 @ 12:59 GMT

Edited by DodgyBob
  • +1 1

Hey everyone,

Just as an FYI: If you're still waiting to pick up TES3 and TES4 or you want the version of TES3/TES4 with all the bells and whistles, then, they're on sale now @ GOG with 40% off!

These are AU prices, so they may be a little different in other areas.

Just sharing the love  ::D:

Kind regards,

Dodgy Bob

EDIT: Sorry, should have added that the sale lasts 7 days; it ends October 24, 2017 @ 12:59 GMT

Thank you for the heads up. It is very much appreciated.

For everyone following this guide, I'm still working on my lessons for the Oblivion Construction Set. Real life set me back in the time frame of releasing a completed guide, but I still have every intention of updating it as soon as I can. 

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH
  • +1 3

Thanks for the update. I was looking to start a playthrough fresh so will be eager to try it once it ready.  I'm sure there are lot's of us lurking looking forward to it!

Holy crow...I never modded Oblivion before, just Skyrim. After watching Xuul's video for using mod organizer and just getting it run correctly, I'm wondering what I'm getting into! 

I had to recover my Windows 10 installation and do some PC maintenance over the last couple of days, but hopefully by next week I can get back into updating and editing the guide. Things have been a bit chaotic for me though, so I can't make any promises on a release date. Modding Oblivion is certainly an undertaking, but it is such a fun game, especially Morroblivion, even with it's little quirks.  :lol:

Morning Diana, started working with the guide and have a question in the first part. In the "The Construction Set Extender" section, there is a data folder that we archive but then a specific instruction "DO NOT Install with Mod Organizer or Wrye Bash".

What do we do with it?

Also, as a newbie with Oblivion modding, do you mind if I identify items that could be clarified in the guide?

For example, in the BAE section, DLCShiveringIsles - Faces.bsa in not located in my Steam GOTY version (and lord those faces are terrible!)

Another would be to list the Xedit tool installation prior to the merge plugin folder as it pastes in a Xedit directory that hasn't been created yet.

Really, extremely minor, just would like to know if you would like a proofing as I go through the guide.

Thx! 

• +1 1

Morning Diana, started working with the guide and have a question in the first part. In the "The Construction Set Extender" section, there is a data folder that we archive but then a specific instruction "DO NOT Install with Mod Organizer or Wrye Bash".

What do we do with it?

Also, as a newbie with Oblivion modding, do you mind if I identify items that could be clarified in the guide?

For example, in the BAE section, DLCShiveringIsles - Faces.bsa in not located in my Steam GOTY version (and lord those faces are terrible!)

Another would be to list the Xedit tool installation prior to the merge plugin folder as it pastes in a Xedit directory that hasn't been created yet.

Really, extremely minor, just would like to know if you would like a proofing as I go through the guide.

Thx! 

Yes, I need to edit those instructions. I learned afterwards that Wrye Bash did not install all of the files, even when I select Has Extra Directories. There were a few little quirks like this that I would discover as I was trying to reinstall my mods. As soon as I can get back to my desktop and start working on reinstalling everything again myself, I will remember to edit those changes.

Hi Diana,

Morroblivion Fixes, lists the followed 3 files to be installed

• morroblivion-fixes-v1_7.7z
• morroblivion-fixes-v1_7-hotfix-july.7z
• morroblivion-fixes-v1_6-fasttravel.esp

However, 1.6 gast travel one is no longer listed

However, the last Update was made on Oct 4, 2017 and now has the following:

morroblivion-fixes-v1_8b.7z

which includes the following:

- Removed accidental inclusion of old Oblivion\Menus\options\main_menu.xml.
- Mainquest, Dialog/Quest advancement fixes for fourth and fifth trials, House Redoran quests.
- Tribunal Temple: shrine of Veloth blessing fixes
- Thieves' Guild: Nerano Manor key bribery fix
- Imperial Cult: Gathering muck spell reward fix
- Vivec map-marker names updated for easier navigation to Canton Top-Floor Plazas.
- Fast-travel add-on updated with latest map-markers.

Should I just use that one?

2nd question to ensure I understand

As I am going through the "Morroblivion with Fixes" section, I notice alot of Boss changes referring to "BOTTOM: Morroblivion".

Is this related to the step:

Wrye Bash Users: Launch Wrye Bash. In the Installer tab, right click on Package → Add Marker. Name it Morroblivion.

As I am using Mod Organizer, it this something I will be missing? Not clear if the userlist will see the Morroblivion.  Is it ok or is there something I must do?

By the way, so far so good...a little less stressed now, having a bit more fun moving through the guide.
Edited by mcshame

Morroblivion Fixes, lists the followed 3 files to be installed

• morroblivion-fixes-v1_7.7z

• morroblivion-fixes-v1_7-hotfix-july.7z

• morroblivion-fixes-v1_6-fasttravel.esp

However, 1.6 gast travel one is no longer listed

However, the last Update was made on Oct 4, 2017 and now has the following:

morroblivion-fixes-v1_8b.7z

which includes the following:

- Fast-travel add-on updated with latest map-markers.

Should I just use that one?

Yes, you should use the version of fast-travel that is included with version 1.8b.  I did not update the fast travel file for version Morroblivion-Fixes-v1.7, so that's why fast-travel was a separate file with a different version number.  Hope that clears up some of the confusion.

FYI, the latest bug list and fixes for 2017 are available at:

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/active-morroblivion-bugs-and-fixes-list-2017

Currently, that includes Morroblivion-Fixes-v1.8b plus additional bugfix files which were made in Sept-2017.  I will try to merge all of these files into a new Morroblivion-Fixes-v1.9 within the next couple weeks.

Edited by ponyrider0