• 35 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

Tile::XMLInsert >> Couldn't delete 'MenuQue_Dummy.xml'

These lines in your Game.log file suggest that MenuQue is having trouble inserting new XML code.  This would explain why existing UI elements such as the compass can have their position and size modified, but new elements can not be added to the UI.  To help clarify the issue, try these commands:

set tnoHSB.hide_compass to 0
set tnoHSB.hide_status_bars to 0
setstage tnoHSB 20

That should make the compass and the health/magicka/fatigue bars disappear.  If they do not disappear then XMLInsert may not be working, in which case please repost your Game.log file after quitting Oblivion.  If it does disappear, then that doesn't necessarily mean that XMLInsert is working, but it does help narrow down the cause of the problem.

#752 baronaatista

baronaatista

Jarl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

@Dianna - now I'm more sorry to hijack your thread for my problem solving, but I suppose it could be enlightening to others?  I'm sure we can move this somewhere else if it would be preferred.

@ponyrider0 - thanks a million for the detailed and informative help.  Been at work the past two days so I haven't been able to test this until just now.

entered all 3 commands, compass did not disappear nor did status bars.

set tnohsb.hide_compass & set tnohsb.hide_status_bars returned

set hide_compass >> 0

set hide_status_bars >> 0

Edited by baronaatista, 30 June 2018 - 09:59 PM.

#753 ponyrider0

ponyrider0

Prisoner

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

entered all 3 commands, compass did not disappear nor did status bars.

set tnohsb.hide_compass & set tnohsb.hide_status_bars returned

set hide_compass >> 0

set hide_status_bars >> 0

Thanks for posting your Game.log.  I was really hoping there would be some more error messages in that file, but unfortunately there are no changes.  I have not been able to reproduce your issues on my test setup with MO1, so I will have to create a new Installation with MO2 when I find time.  For more info on my testing, you can check out my posts on the Morroblivion Help Desk Discord server.

You may have been correct in your assumption regarding MO2 as the culprit: a Virtual File System related bug could cause issues with accessing the MenuQue_Dummy.xml file.  Check your \Oblivion\Data\OBSE\Plugins folder to see if that file exists and try deleting it.  My best guess is this is a temporary file which contains the new XML code to be inserted into the game data, but the MenuQue/OBSE can not access the information because the VFS is hiding it away as soon as it is written to disk.

#754 Diana_TES_GotH

Diana_TES_GotH

Jarl

• Pack Authors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 08:24 PM

I see it's been a couple of weeks since I posted anything. We're still busy testing mods for Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition. I plan to help out as long as she needs me, but come fall I will definitely get back into finishing the Morroblivion Overhaul Version 2.0 revision. It is my hope to have the revision released by Christmas break of 2018. As soon as I release Version 2.0, it is my goal to begin creating my own mods for The Elder Scroll series. I just don't want you all to lose heart and think I am abandoning my project. I will be back, and what I am learning from Lexy and the team will help me make Morroblivion Overhaul even better than last year's guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users