Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

I have not been able to reproduce your problems.  Please do these steps to help me track down the issue:

1. Start Morroblivion.

2. Load the affected save game.

3. Try to quit successfully before the game crashes.

4. Post your full load-order, obse.log obse_steam_loader.log, sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.log, MoreHeap.log.

5. Post your saved game file too.

You can try one or more of the following to try to increase stability:

1. Regenerate and test with a fresh Oblivion.ini: Remove all UI/Font replacer mods.  Then delete the Oblivion.ini, reselect your desired options from the Oblivion Launcher and allow the Oblivion.ini to be rebuilt.  Do NOT use any INI tweaks or modifiers.

2. Do not apply 4GB patch to anything other than the Oblivion.exe.  Remove the patch from all other executables and DLLs.

3. Disablle Oblivion Stutter Remover.

4. Disable MoreHeap.

5. Disable ENB.

6. Disable Distant Lands.

7. Rebuild Bashed Patch.

8. Do not use saved games which were started with another mod load-order.

9. Wait 48 hours in-game before travelling to an area which causes crashes.

Hi,

1. I deleted the old saves that were affected, I couldn't load in to the game, because the runtime error C++ occurred during the loading screen for each of the saves (30 different ones affected). I loaded saves until I found one that worked. The oldest one remaining, along with other text files, can be found in this link, note that I've been able to play from an earlier save as I wrote before not sure if that affects these:

https://www.mediafire.com/#rsz033yb6a69s

I'm not too sure why it's OBSE-related, been searching google and haven't come up with any answers that solved my problem, searched for "Oblivion Runtime Error C++". I found an old thread on the TESRenewal site where someone solved their issue by applying 4GB-Patch to the files I mentioned, though it didn't solve it for me.

Note: I tried 2 different map mods, morromap 4k-improved.esp is disabled since markers were misaligned, so I used Ak-Morroblivion Maps HD.esp which is loaded after the Bashed Patch instead. Didn't uninstall incase something went awry with my saves.

As far as I can remember the only mods that I've added that aren't part of STEP are:

Your unofficial hotfixes

Morrowind Map HD

Oblivion Achievements

Oblivion Collectible Cards

I also didn't install Oblivion Reloaded because it caused all kinds of problems, from combat animations and grainy effect on my screen to crashes and lag, for me in earlier playthroughs before Morroblivion, and was a mess to uninstall.

3. MoreHeap is removed, game wouldn't start after I installed it. So there is no MoreHeap-log.

4. ENB isn't working for some reason and I opted not to fix it, only ENBooster is working in accordance with STEP, don't wanna fix what isn't broken so to speak since no ENB was linked in the STEP guide. Most likely because

5. I will try the rest of the fixes you listed incase I run into problems again.

I also had 2 other crashes: a random one fighting a skeleton hero in Shal dungeon west of Balmora, didn't happen again after restarting game. I accidentally equipped my "Partners Warp Ring" and teleported to IC, tried to reload an earlier save and crashed. Both of these occurred before the runtime error C++, the Shal crash happened during my current playthrough from an older save, and IC-crash happened during the runtime error playthrough.

Hi,

1. I deleted the old saves that were affected, I couldn't load in to the game, because the runtime error C++ occurred during the loading screen for each of the saves (30 different ones affected). I loaded saves until I found one that worked. The oldest one remaining, along with other text files, can be found in this link, note that I've been able to play from an earlier save as I wrote before not sure if that affects these:

https://www.mediafire.com/#rsz033yb6a69s

I'm not too sure why it's OBSE-related, been searching google and haven't come up with any answers that solved my problem, searched for "Oblivion Runtime Error C++". I found an old thread on the TESRenewal site where someone solved their issue by applying 4GB-Patch to the files I mentioned, though it didn't solve it for me.

Note: I tried 2 different map mods, morromap 4k-improved.esp is disabled since markers were misaligned, so I used Ak-Morroblivion Maps HD.esp which is loaded after the Bashed Patch instead. Didn't uninstall incase something went awry with my saves.

As far as I can remember the only mods that I've added that aren't part of STEP are:

Your unofficial hotfixes

Morrowind Map HD

Oblivion Achievements

Oblivion Collectible Cards

I also didn't install Oblivion Reloaded because it caused all kinds of problems, from combat animations and grainy effect on my screen to crashes and lag, for me in earlier playthroughs before Morroblivion, and was a mess to uninstall.

3. MoreHeap is removed, game wouldn't start after I installed it. So there is no MoreHeap-log.

4. ENB isn't working for some reason and I opted not to fix it, only ENBooster is working in accordance with STEP, don't wanna fix what isn't broken so to speak since no ENB was linked in the STEP guide. Most likely because

5. I will try the rest of the fixes you listed incase I run into problems again.

I also had 2 other crashes: a random one fighting a skeleton hero in Shal dungeon west of Balmora, didn't happen again after restarting game. I accidentally equipped my "Partners Warp Ring" and teleported to IC, tried to reload an earlier save and crashed. Both of these occurred before the runtime error C++, the Shal crash happened during my current playthrough from an older save, and IC-crash happened during the runtime error playthrough.

Looks like it happened again randomly out of nowhere, shut the game down, came back a few hours later now, and when loading my latest save the same runtime error C++ occurs. So not exactly connected to anything.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kzxajkd1k3c12/Logs2

Link to logs and save for this, everything is the same except OBSE deinitializes after OBSE_MenuQue_Kyoma.dll, OBME, Conscribe and AddActorValues.dlls are loaded but have no handlers in the obse.log file, as compared to the original logfile you got linked earlier.

I tried disabling ENBoost, tweaking settings in enblocal, disabling distant lands, disabling OSR. Didn't work. So I'm going to try unapplying 4GB Patch, deleting Oblivion.ini and rebuilding bashed patch, though my current playthrough will be screwed most likely.

This might be a thing of note not sure, but when I load a working save, and then try to load a save where I get the runtime error, Oblivion just shuts down without any error message (no runtime error, only occurs when loading from mainscreen)

EDIT: Here is the comparison in obse.log when I loaded a working save and tried loading a later save:

loading from C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Quicksave 161.obse
Reading mod list from co-save
Loading strings
Loading array variables
plugin AddActorValues has data in save file but no handler
plugin ConScribe has data in save file but no handler
plugin OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue has data in save file but no handler
plugin OBME has data in save file but no handler
data in save file for plugin, but plugin isn't loaded
DoLoadGameHook: C:\Users\\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Quicksave 161.ess
loading from C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Quicksave 161.obse
Reading globals

loading from C:\Users\Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Saves\Quicksave 162.obse
Reading mod list from co-save
Loading strings
Loading array variables
plugin AddActorValues has data in save file but no handler
plugin ConScribe has data in save file but no handler
plugin OBSE_Kyoma_MenuQue has data in save file but no handler
plugin OBME has data in save file but no handler
OBSE: deinitialize
Edited by adrianoz

A random CTD without any runtime error C++ dialog window popping up could be the common memory leak problems related to Oblivion engine.  Try disabling Distant Lands to see if this kind of crash decreases in frequency.  If the random crash includes the runtime error C++ dialog box popping up, this might be related to an OBSE plugin.  Try disabling all OBSE plugins but keep OBSE enabled and continue using the OBSE loader/steam loader.

Regarding the MorroMap4K_Improved map marker misalignment: you are probably not using v2.  Please confirm whether or not you are using v1 or v2 of this mod so I can try to debug/fix it if necessary.

Thanks.

Quitting to Main Menu and trying to load a new saved game is always a bad idea.  The Oblivion Engine does not reset/re-initialize scripts when you exit to main menu and/or reload a saved game while you are in the middle of prior game.  Actively running scripts must be hardcoded to detect this situation and manually re-initialize themselves.  Unfortunately, this is a very complicated scenario and many scripts introduce bugs during this re-initialization procedure and most scripts completely ignore the scenario and continue running without re-initializing.  Do a complete game exit and relaunch the game.  This is the only way to ensure that all scripts are reset.  Any crashes that only happen after a mid-game reload are probably not worth bug-reporting because there are just way too many moving parts to figure out what went wrong.

Edited by ponyrider0

A random CTD without any runtime error C++ dialog window popping up could be the common memory leak problems related to Oblivion engine.  Try disabling Distant Lands to see if this kind of crash decreases in frequency.  If the random crash includes the runtime error C++ dialog box popping up, this might be related to an OBSE plugin.  Try disabling all OBSE plugins but keep OBSE enabled and continue using the OBSE loader/steam loader.

Regarding the MorroMap4K_Improved map marker misalignment: you are probably not using v2.  Please confirm whether or not you are using v1 or v2 of this mod so I can try to debug/fix it if necessary.

Thanks.

So I ran into another type of crash after starting again from an earlier save, if the runtime error pops up again I'll disable all OBSE plugins and see if that works. The strange part is the runtime error only occurs if I load a save game from the main menu when starting the game, if I load the same save within the game Oblivion just shuts down without error. Should I also delete TES4LL and TES4LODGEN-files?

It seems to be animation or sound-related, I'm inside Zanabi fighting a dark elf female npc, can't recall the name, Tilena I think, and crashed twice here now whilst fighting her, which is strange because I didn't crash here on my earlier playthrough.

As for map mod, I used the 6.8mb file you linked in your latest post in the thread at TESRenewal Map markers would appear way off mark in the ocean etc. after I did a test with tmm 1.

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-mod-releases/new-hd-map

So I ran into another type of crash after starting again from an earlier save, if the runtime error pops up again I'll disable all OBSE plugins and see if that works. The strange part is the runtime error only occurs if I load a save game from the main menu when starting the game, if I load the same save within the game Oblivion just shuts down without error. Should I also delete TES4LL and TES4LODGEN-files?

It seems to be animation or sound-related, I'm inside Zanabi fighting a dark elf female npc, can't recall the name, Tilena I think, and crashed twice here now whilst fighting her, which is strange because I didn't crash here on my earlier playthrough.

As for map mod, I used the 6.8mb file you linked in your latest post in the thread at TESRenewal Map markers would appear way off mark in the ocean etc. after I did a test with tmm 1.

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-mod-releases/new-hd-map

Make two new Mod Organizer profiles: 1. Configure the first to run Vanilla Oblivion without any mods and verify that it works without any crashes.  2. Configure the second profile to run Oblivion with only the core Morroblivion ESM/ESP files (morrowind_ob.esm, morrowind_ob.esp, morowind_ob - **.esp, and Morrobblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp.  Verify if it will work without the crashes you describe.

Do you have Tamriel Rebuilt / TR_Fixes.esp installed?  Please post your full load order.

Make two new Mod Organizer profiles: 1. Configure the first to run Vanilla Oblivion without any mods and verify that it works without any crashes.  2. Configure the second profile to run Oblivion with only the core Morroblivion ESM/ESP files (morrowind_ob.esm, morrowind_ob.esp, morowind_ob - **.esp, and Morrobblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp.  Verify if it will work without the crashes you describe.

Do you have Tamriel Rebuilt / TR_Fixes.esp installed?  Please post your full load order.

Oh I thought you had my load order in the mediafire link I first posted, here it is (MOBSification of MOBS I manually moved to the bottom, it was somewhere in the middle, after seeing yours or some other author's load order in this thread earlier):

I don't have Tamriel Rebuilt installed.

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Morrowind_ob.esm
02  CM Partners.esm
03  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.74]
04  Harvest[Containers].esm
05  NNWAEMaster.esm
06  MigMaster.esm  [Version 1.3]
07  Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm  [Version 5.0]
08  Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm  [Version 5.0]
09  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.5.7]
0A  Mart's Monster Mod.esm  [Version 3.8b1]
0B  FCOM_Convergence.esm  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
0C  Armamentarium.esm  [Version 1.35]
0D  Artifacts.esm  [Version 1.1]
0E  Better Cities Resources.esm  [Version 6.0.9]
0F  Oblivion Achievements CORE Version.esm
10  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.6]
11  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
12  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
13  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.9]
14  Better Cities .esp  [Version 6.0.5]
15  Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources.esp  [Version 5.0]
16  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp  [Version 5.0]
17  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp  [Version 5.0]
18  Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp  [Version 5.0]
19  Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp  [Version 5.0]
++  FCOM_Francescos.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
++  FCOM_FrancescosItemsAddOn.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
1A  FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
1B  atmospheres.esp
++  Symphony of Violence.esp
1C  Atmospheric Oblivion.esp
1D  Sounds of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.1]
1E  AliveWaters.esp
1F  AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp
20  AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp
21  AliveWaters_nofish.esp
22  ImprovedSigns.esp
23  More Effective Enchantments.esp
24  Oblivion Collectible Cards.esp
25  RAEVWD New Sheoth.esp  [Version 1.7]
26  kuerteeCleanUp.esp
27  MigMiscellanea.esp  [Version 1.9.1]
28  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
29  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
2A  DLCHorseArmor.esp
2B  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
2C  DLCOrrery.esp
2D  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
2E  DLCVileLair.esp
2F  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
**  Lair_MOBS.esp  [Version 2.0]
30  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
31  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
32  Sounds of Cyrodiil - Mehrune's Razor Add-On.esp  [Version 1.0]
33  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
**  EVE_StockEquipmentReplacer.esp
34  DLCThievesDen.esp
35  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.15]
36  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.14]
37  Sounds of Cyrodiil - Thieves' Den Add-On.esp  [Version 1.0]
38  Cobl Glue.esp  [Version 1.73]
39  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]
++  Cobl Tweaks - SI.esp
3A  Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp
3B  Oblivion WarCry EV.esp  [Version 1.09]
3C  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.5.7]
**  OMOBS_SI.esp  [Version 2.0]
++  OOO-Inebriation_Remove.esp
3D  ArmamentariumArtifacts.esp  [Version 1.35]
++  Harvest[Containers] - Vanilla.esp
++  Harvest[Containers] - SI.esp
3E  FCOM_Convergence.esp  [Version 0.9.9Mb8b1]
++  FCOM_EntropicOrderRebalance.esp  [Version 0.9.9beta2]
3F  FCOM_RealSwords.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8]
40  More Effective Enchantments FCOM.esp
41  FCOM_DurabilityAndDamage.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
42  Mart's Monster Mod - More Wilderness Life No Gates.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  FCOM_SaferRoads.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_LessRats.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_NoSpiders.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_NoWyverns.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_NoReaversInGates.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_NoAdventurersInGates.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_LessReaversInGates.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
43  Mart's Monster Mod - Extra Wounding.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Looting NPCs & Creatures.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Less Reavers.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
44  Mart's Monster Mod - Zombies for Body Meshes.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
45  Mart's Monster Mod - Safer Quest Locations.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
46  Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
47  Mart's Monster Mod - Hunting & Crafting.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
48  Mart's Monster Mod - Farm Animals.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
49  Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse WaterLife.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Slof Horses Complete.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - DLCHorseArmor+Slofs .esp  [Version 3.7b7]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Diverse Runeskulls Loot OOO.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  FCOM_BobsGuardUnity.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_HungersUnitySI.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
**  FCOM_Archery.esp  [Version 1.0]
++  FCOM_ArcheryArmamentarium.esp  [Version 2]
4A  FCOM_ArcheryRealSwords.esp  [Version 1]
**  FCOM_ArcheryHunting&Crafting.esp  [Version 1]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - RadiantAITweaks.esp
++  Mart's Monster Mod - More Passive Wildlife.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
**  FCOM_FriendlierFactions.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
4B  FCOM_MoreRandomItems.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
4C  FCOM_NewItemsTemplate.esp  [Version 0.9.4]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  ArmamentariumLL4OOO.esp  [Version 2.01]
++  ArmamentariumLLMagicOOO.esp  [Version 1.35]
4D  Geomancy & Gem Dust OOO.esp
4E  Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp  [Version 1.03]
4F  Morrowind_ob.esp
50  Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp  [Version 11]
51  Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp
52  Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp
53  Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp
54  Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp  [Version 1.1]
55  Morrowind_ob - Expanded Quests.esp  [Version 0.1]
56  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp
57  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_multiskill_trainerfix.esp
58  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Redoran_Hortator_QuestFixes.esp
59  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Telvanni_ArchMagister_hotfix.esp
5A  2018-july-bloodmoon-fixes.esp  [Version 2]
5B  2018-july-tribunal-fixes.esp
5C  Firemoth & Misc Additions.esp
5D  Idol of Mephala.esp
5E  Morroblivion - Better Clothes Patch.esp
5F  Morrowind_ob - Nerevarine Armor.esp
60  Artifacts.esp  [Version 1.1]
++  Artifacts - ArmaCompleteAddon.esp  [Version 1.0]
61  NNWAREAyleidDungeons_Series1EV.esp  [Version 2.2b]
62  NNWAEDungeons-Series2EV.esp
63  NNWARE06-RhyeliaEmeroEV.esp
64  Oblivion Achievements CORE.esp
65  Oblivion Achievements CM Companions.esp
66  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
67  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
68  DLCFrostcrag.esp
69  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
6A  Knights.esp
6B  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
**  EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
6C  More Effective Enchantments Knights.esp
**  Oblivion DLC Delayers.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
6D  Sounds of Cyrodiil - KOTN Add-on.esp  [Version 1.0]
**  DLC_MOBS.esp  [Version 2.0]
++  FCOM_Knights.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
6E  Roads of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.0]
6F  Better daedric shrines full.esp
70  Unique Landscapes.esp  [Version 2.1.0BC]
71  ULM BetterDaedricShrinesFull-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 3.0]
72  ULE AyleidRuinsExpanded-JerallGlacier patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
73  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]
++  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
++  Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
74  Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
75  Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells.esp  [Version 1.2.5]
76  Better Dungeons.esp
77  Elz - No Floating Weapon.esp
78  EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
++  Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp
79  Relevant Scrolls & Potions & Staves.esp
7A  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
7B  ATakesAll.esp
7C  Summon Dremora Lord Saved.esp
7D  Fast Arrow Collection.esp
7E  Oblivion XP.esp
++  Item interchange - Extraction.esp  [Version 88]
++  Item interchange - Placement for FCOM.esp  [Version 88]
++  Item interchange - Placement for Frostcrag.esp  [Version 88]
++  Item interchange - Option, Ingredients in Bulk.esp  [Version 88]
7F  CM Partners.esp
80  CM Partners v3 patch.esp
81  Morroblivion-CM Partners.esp
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Resized Races.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
82  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
83  OCO v2 Balanced - Cobl.esp
++  OCO_UOP_USIP_Patch.esp
**  morroblivion-OCO2-facelift.esp
84  Better Cities Full.esp  [Version 6.0.9]
85  Better Imperial City.esp  [Version 6.0.9]
86  Better Cities Skingrad - Roads of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 6.0.6]
87  Better Cities Chorrol - Knights of the Nine.esp  [Version 6.0.7]
88  Better Cities Full - OOO.esp  [Version 6.0.6]
89  Better Imperial City - OOO.esp  [Version 6.0.6]
8A  ULE BetterCitiesBravil-PantherRiver patch.esp  [Version 2]
8B  ULM BetterCities-UniqueLandscapes merged patch.esp  [Version 2]
8C  ULM OblivionCollectibleCards-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 2]
8D  ULE OblivionCollectibleCards-CheydinhalFalls patch.esp  [Version 2]
8E  ULE OblivionCollectibleCards-AncientYews patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
8F  ULM ROC+UL-II Patch.esp  [Version 2]
**  ULM MOBS-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 2]
90  Better Imperial City FPS Patch.esp  [Version 6.0.0]
++  Better Cities - COBL.esp  [Version 6.0.4]
91  Better Cities - Oblivion Collectible Cards.esp  [Version 6.0.0]
++  FCOM_BetterCities-Bravil.esp  [Version 6.0.6]
92  MiniMap.esp
93  Companion Compatibility.esp
**  ROC Standard Road Record.esp
**  MOBSification of MODS.esp
++  Cobl Filter Late MERGE ONLY.esp  [Version 1.53]
94  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
95  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon.esp
96  Ak- Morroblivion Maps HD.esp

One thing to note, Armamentarium is supposedly not compatible with Francesco's Creatures Overhaul according to its nexus page, but your FCOM-page in the STEP guide, or the guide in general, doesn't say anything about this, just came to my mind when I saw my load order.

Edited by Greg
Added spoiler tags

What version of the STEP guide are you using?  Please link to it as I am confused to which guide you are using by your load order.

Also, I do not see MorroMap4K in your load order, but I would assume that the mapmarkers are not aligned because it was not the absolute last mod in the load order.

Edited by ponyrider0

Regarding FCOM, your description of crashes is already on par with my most stable attempt at FCOM + Morroblivion.  I have not tried installing the latest version of FCOM to test with Morroblivion, so maybe that will help.  I think the issue is related to a combination of mesh/texture overload and heavy use of scripting from both FCOM and Morroblivion.  Try to verify that FCOM without Morroblivion is stable.  If it is only unstable when you add Morroblivion, then try disabling Distant Lands and/or regenerating the Oblivion.ini.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that I can test FCOM + Morroblivion and work on any needed compatibility patches until mid-2019.

What version of the STEP guide are you using?  Please link to it as I am confused to which guide you are using by your load order.

Also, I do not see MorroMap4K in your load order, but I would assume that the mapmarkers are not aligned because it was not the absolute last mod in the load order.

I followed this guide

https://wiki.step-project.com/index.php?title=User_talk:Diana_TES_GotH/Morroblivion_Overhaul&oldid=101827

It’s the one that’s linked to from the first redult on google if you search morronlivipn overhaul STEP. What is wrong with the load order? Since I used BOSS to sort it.

As for crashes, I don’t want to jinx it but after doing this it seems to have stopped, I can only assume it was memory-related though not quite sure why Ingot a visual runtime error C++, and why only OBSE caused it.

1. Uninstalling Pluggy

2. Tweaking my enblocal settings (I’ll post specifics when I’m home)

3. Running gamebooster from Razer

4. Disabling FPSLimit in OSR (30) and tweaking enblocal from 30>60

5. Using force Vsync in enblocal

As for morrowmap 4k, I had it as the last mod before my bashed patch, and it was part of my bashed patch. That might have been the problem. I followed the FCOM suggestions for building the bashed patch, notably disabling FCOM Convergence in import spells since the game would freeze on loading screen before main menu (at start of loading).

Sidenote, inside Sennanait near a sarcophagus, west of Caldera, I ran into a star icon that said WTF missing a navmesh.

Here are the enblocal changes I made which seemed to have solved the runtime error, no crashes so far. Reservedmemorysizemb was set to 64 before, and videomemorysizemb wasn't set at all.

[GLOBAL]
UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false
[MEMORY]
ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
ReservedMemorySizeMb=768
VideoMemorySizeMb=22000
EnableCompression=true
AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false
[LIMITER]
FPSLimit=60.0

Incase my experience helps somewhat in the future, I've narrowed it down somewhat to this:

1. It's definitely memory-related, seems like a memory leak, the above fixes helped my game, I don't crash anymore and my saves don't get corrupted, nor do I receive runtime errors C++.

2. If I don't restart the game after a couple of hours, I receive massive stuttering (this used to precede the save corruption and runtime errors before I editted enblocal and removed pluggy and ran gamebooster, aswell as upped FPSLimit to 60)

3. The stuttering sometimes comes anyway after a few minutes if I enter dungeons where there are alot of named human mobs, who are often fighting eachother. The local map doesn't work when this happens either.

4. When leaving the dungeon, I have no stuttering in the exterior, but if I enter another interior (dungeon, house whatever) I stutter again.

The game is playable though, I just have to restart a couple of times.

EDIT: System specs incase it matters:

Windows 10 Home 10.0.17134

Acer Predator G6-710

x64

32GB RAM

Intel Core i7-6700k CPU 4Ghz

GeForce GTX 980Ti

6GB VRAM

Edited by adrianoz

Restarting every 2 hours is better stability than I have.  Usually, my game crashes to desktop at the 1 hour mark (at best).

99% of major stutter problems are related to loading of mesh/texture assets from a hard-drive.  If you do not have an SSD, then you should upgrade.  The reason why there is a huge amount of stuttering when transitioning from cell to cell or exterior to interior is due to the massive amount of initial loading to take place (all the terrain textures, buildings, landscapes, clutter, NPCs, monsters need to be loaded from harddrive).  You can experiment with this Oblivion.ini setting:

uGridDistantCount=25

Try decreasing this value to 15.  If you install OblivionReloaded and use it's framerate manager, then it will dynamically vary this value based on your framerate goal.  In which case, setting it back to the default 25 is recommended for most users.

Edited by ponyrider0

2018/08/03 12:22:50  [004EB314] [ DEBUG ]   Found terrain LOD file for 1, 1 in worldspace 'WrldMorrowind'

2018/08/03 12:22:51  [00436C43] [WARNING]   Galadrielle: Reexport 'Clutter\morro\m\NBsilverwarecup01.nif' to get rid of the ZBuffer and/or VertextColor property.

I did a clean re-install of the game to get going, and this popped up, after following STEP, noticed I don't have this file, and googling it and looking through installation folders shows that it doesn't exist. Last line in the log file after crashing upon exiting the starting ship.

Any ideas?

Should also note I installed morroblivion exactly as stated, I have 2 morro folders now, since the resource pack is meshes>meshes, but I also have a morro folder inside Meshes (not the sub-meshes)

EDIT: Here is the log file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a14q18hzrxcn95p/MessageLog.txt/file

Edited by adrianoz