Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Update: After uninstalling the TES4LL project the game is running fine, and no crash occurred, though the messagelog looks exactly like the one I linked above, not sure what the cause may be for that.

Narrowed it down further after this, if I enable an ENB by running d3d9.dll from 0.181 series I crash, if I replace it with the 0.259 enb from the ENBooster, I don't crash. Curious.

Edited by adrianoz

Also, the runtime error seems to have gone away after using d3d9.dll 0.259. It re-occurred after using the 0.181 dll. Anyone happen to know of an ENB that will work on Windows 10? I did install DirectX runtimes from Microsoft.

Game looks a bit crap without an ENB but it is what it is, enabling proxylibrary to run an ENB in enblocal using 0.259 freezes the game on launcher, so I had to choose ENBoost. It seems like I might have delayed the crash by using 4gb patcher on everything in my previous playthrough.

Also, when a guard approaches me for bounty, it says "Pay Gold", not "Pay Bounty", forgot to mention this to you since you asked before.

EDIT: There was also an error with my UI when I was at that step of the guide. Handwritten.fnt was missing in my fonts folder after a clean install, and the game crashed on startup with that being the last error message. I deleted my ini, and re-pasted the changes into my Oblivion.ini needed for OA UI to work, and it seemed to work again, no clue as to why. I did extract the fonts for Oblivion - Misc.bsa and paste them into fonts though.

Edited by adrianoz

2018/08/03 12:22:50  [004EB314] [ DEBUG ]   Found terrain LOD file for 1, 1 in worldspace 'WrldMorrowind'

2018/08/03 12:22:51  [00436C43] [WARNING]   Galadrielle: Reexport 'Clutter\morro\m\NBsilverwarecup01.nif' to get rid of the ZBuffer and/or VertextColor property.

I did a clean re-install of the game to get going, and this popped up, after following STEP, noticed I don't have this file, and googling it and looking through installation folders shows that it doesn't exist. Last line in the log file after crashing upon exiting the starting ship.

Any ideas?

Should also note I installed morroblivion exactly as stated, I have 2 morro folders now, since the resource pack is meshes>meshes, but I also have a morro folder inside Meshes (not the sub-meshes)

EDIT: Here is the log file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a14q18hzrxcn95p/MessageLog.txt/file

I apologize but your post was a little confusing.  I'm not a native English speaker.  It would help me tremendously if you could use more precise language and give more context regarding your issues when posting.

The "Clutter\morro\m\NBsilverwarecup01.nif" is contained within the "Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa".  It would only exist as a loose file if it were extracted from the BSA.  If you intended to extract your BSAs, then you probably forgot to extract the "Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa".

You say those messages "popped up, after following STEP...", did you mean they appeared in a dialog box or in a log file or both?  To what log file are your referring?

You mentioned that you "installed morroblivion exactly as stated".  I'm assuming you mean the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP guide and not the Installation Instructions found on the Morroblivion download page.  However, there are numerous Optional sections of the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP guide.  Did you skip those, do some, or install everything?  To what "resource pack" are you referring?  I searched the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP Guide, Morroblivion Overhaul Patch Central, and TESRenewal's Morroblivion download page and the closest thing I could find was the "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z" file which is found under a "Resources" section on the Morroblivion download page.  However, this 7zip file does not contain any "morro" or "meshes>meshes" folders.  All the mesh files are stored in BSAs in that 7zip file.  So maybe you are referring to a different "resource pack"?

You also included a "MessageLog.txt" file, but did not say what program or mod produced this file.  Oblivion/OBSE + mods produce several different log files.  I tried searching through different logs to find a matching format but have not yet been successful.  Please be considerate and respectful of everyone else's time: "Help me help you."

Edited by ponyrider0

I apologize but your post was a little confusing.  I'm not a native English speaker.  It would help me tremendously if you could use more precise language and give more context regarding your issues when posting.

The "Clutter\morro\m\NBsilverwarecup01.nif" is contained within the "Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa".  It would only exist as a loose file if it were extracted from the BSA.  If you intended to extract your BSAs, then you probably forgot to extract the "Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa".

You say those messages "popped up, after following STEP...", did you mean they appeared in a dialog box or in a log file or both?  To what log file are your referring?

You mentioned that you "installed morroblivion exactly as stated".  I'm assuming you mean the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP guide and not the Installation Instructions found on the Morroblivion download page.  However, there are numerous Optional sections of the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP guide.  Did you skip those, do some, or install everything?  To what "resource pack" are you referring?  I searched the Morroblivion Overhaul STEP Guide, Morroblivion Overhaul Patch Central, and TESRenewal's Morroblivion download page and the closest thing I could find was the "Morroblivion_v064_Complete.7z" file which is found under a "Resources" section on the Morroblivion download page.  However, this 7zip file does not contain any "morro" or "meshes>meshes" folders.  All the mesh files are stored in BSAs in that 7zip file.  So maybe you are referring to a different "resource pack"?

You also included a "MessageLog.txt" file, but did not say what program or mod produced this file.  Oblivion/OBSE + mods produce several different log files.  I tried searching through different logs to find a matching format but have not yet been successful.  Please be considerate and respectful of everyone else's time: "Help me help you."

Hey there, I apologize for not being clear, note however that the post above yours was a new one I made, I seem to have found the issue which is using d3d9.dll from enbseries v0.181. This crashes the game on loading a save after 25%. If I set "enableproxy=true" in enblocal and "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false" in enblocal (so that my graphics ENB enbseries.ini will work) the game freezes in the launcher and doesn't even start.

If I use d3d9.dll from enbseries v0.259 that is linked in the STEP guide, my visual C++ runtime errors disappear, and my saves work, but no ENB graphics work. So there seems to be some issue with d3d9.dll from v0.181 enbseries when using it on my PC.

1. I followed the STEP instructions and where it linked to other sites I followed those, I installed a minimal amount of mods incase it was a memory issue or script issue (though I did install FCOM according to your STEP guide section, and most texture packs).

2. I extracted the meshes and textures according to the STEP guide, from Morroblivion Complete Resources, both Meshes.BSA and Textures.BSA, put them in a separate archive from the BSA and installed them under "Morroblivion Complete Resources" according to STEP. The folder structure is "Data>Meshes/Textures>meshes/textures>subfolders and files". Is this wrong? Because the game seems to be working at least.

From STEP:

"1. Use bae.exe to extract the following BSAs:

• Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa

• Morrowind_ob - Textures.bsa

2. Use only the Meshes and Textures folders and create an archive naming it Morroblivion v064 Meshes & Textures."

3. The logfile was generated using MessageLogger from nexusmods.

4. I also found this thread incase it helps.

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/need-help-with-crashes

I guess the real issue is d3d9.dll for your part incase you intended to update the STEP-guide with an ENB-preset. I searched around on google and could not find a solution so I disabled my ENB and only use ENBoost v0.259. I updated DirectX User Runtimes, and reinstalled my Visual C++ Runtimes. TES4LL and LODGEN work fine, the only thing causing issues is enbseries v0.181.

Edited by adrianoz

Hey there, I apologize for not being clear, note however that the post above yours was a new one I made, I seem to have found the issue which is using d3d9.dll from enbseries v0.181. This crashes the game on loading a save after 25%. If I set "enableproxy=true" in enblocal and "UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=false" in enblocal (so that my graphics ENB enbseries.ini will work) the game freezes in the launcher and doesn't even start.

If I use d3d9.dll from enbseries v0.259 that is linked in the STEP guide, my visual C++ runtime errors disappear, and my saves work, but no ENB graphics work. So there seems to be some issue with d3d9.dll from v0.181 enbseries when using it on my PC.

1. I followed the STEP instructions and where it linked to other sites I followed those, I installed a minimal amount of mods incase it was a memory issue or script issue (though I did install FCOM according to your STEP guide section, and most texture packs).

2. I extracted the meshes and textures according to the STEP guide, from Morroblivion Complete Resources, both Meshes.BSA and Textures.BSA, put them in a separate archive from the BSA and installed them under "Morroblivion Complete Resources" according to STEP. The folder structure is "Data>Meshes/Textures>meshes/textures>subfolders and files". Is this wrong? Because the game seems to be working at least.

From STEP:

"1. Use bae.exe to extract the following BSAs:

• Morrowind_ob - Meshes.bsa

• Morrowind_ob - Textures.bsa

2. Use only the Meshes and Textures folders and create an archive naming it Morroblivion v064 Meshes & Textures."

3. The logfile was generated using MessageLogger from nexusmods.

4. I also found this thread incase it helps.

https://tesrenewal.com/forums/morroblivion-problems/need-help-with-crashes

I guess the real issue is d3d9.dll for your part incase you intended to update the STEP-guide with an ENB-preset. I searched around on google and could not find a solution so I disabled my ENB and only use ENBoost v0.259. I updated DirectX User Runtimes, and reinstalled my Visual C++ Runtimes. TES4LL and LODGEN work fine, the only thing causing issues is enbseries v0.181.

Thanks so much for the clarifications.  It helped quite a bit.  I'll review the BSA extraction section to see if there are any errors or typos in the instructions.  I'm also downloading MessageLogger to try out, and I will review the source code (when I have time) to figure out what situations might lead it to generate that last error message.

Regarding ENB, my experience is a little bit like yours with increased crashes and very glitchy effects when it does work (but that's probably related to my AMD card).  I only use the ENBoost v0.259 now and rely on Oblivion Reloaded for additional shader effects like ambient occlusion, bloom + HDR, depth of field, etc.  I know that the author of the post you linked to (TheDestroyer001) is no longer using ENB with his Morroblivion twitch streams.  He is actually the person that figured out the "Rest/Wait 24+ hour before visiting areas that crash" solution, and that solution works very consistently for him during his streams.

Edited by ponyrider0

So it crashed again with a runtime error visual C++, and no combination of no ENB, using ENBoost, or using ENB seems to be at fault. I managed to get ENB working actually out of nowhere, and it still crashed at about 5-6 hours with runtime errors, same as the last playthrough.

I've narrowed it down to about after 5-6 hours of gameplay in Morroblivion, the game crashes. I'm very light on mods, pretty much just the essentials, along with texture packs.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Morrowind_ob.esm
02  Francesco's Leveled Creatures-Items Mod.esm  [Version 5.0]
03  Francesco's Optional New Items Add-On.esm  [Version 5.0]
04  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.5.7]
05  Mart's Monster Mod.esm  [Version 3.8b1]
06  FCOM_Convergence.esm  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
07  MigMaster.esm  [Version 1.3]
08  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.6]
09  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
0A  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
0B  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.9]
0C  Francesco's Creatures and Items Resources.esp  [Version 5.0]
0D  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Bosses.esp  [Version 5.0]
0E  Francesco's Optional Chance of Stronger Enemies.esp  [Version 5.0]
0F  Francesco's Optional Chance of More Enemies.esp  [Version 5.0]
10  Francesco's Optional Leveled Guards.esp  [Version 5.0]
++  FCOM_Francescos.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
++  FCOM_FrancescosItemsAddOn.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
11  FCOM_FrancescosNamedBosses.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
12  More Effective Enchantments.esp
13  kuerteeCleanUp.esp
14  MigMiscellanea.esp  [Version 1.9.1]
15  Map Marker Overhaul.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
16  Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp  [Version 3.9.3]
17  DLCHorseArmor.esp
**  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
18  DLCOrrery.esp
19  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
1A  DLCVileLair.esp
**  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
**  Lair_MOBS.esp  [Version 2.0]
1B  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
1C  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
1D  DLCSpellTomes.esp
++  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
++  Weapon Improvement Project.esp  [Version 1.9]
1E  DLCThievesDen.esp
1F  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.15]
20  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.14]
21  Bob's Armory Oblivion.esp
22  FCOM_BobsArmory.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
23  Oblivion WarCry EV.esp  [Version 1.09]
24  FCOM_WarCry.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
25  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.5.7]
**  OMOBS_SI.esp  [Version 2.0]
26  FCOM_Convergence.esp  [Version 0.9.9Mb8b1]
++  FCOM_EntropicOrderRebalance.esp  [Version 0.9.9beta2]
27  FCOM_RealSwords.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8]
28  More Effective Enchantments FCOM.esp
29  FCOM_DurabilityAndDamage.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_NoReaversInGates.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_NoAdventurersInGates.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Less Bone Loot.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
2A  Mart's Monster Mod - Dungeons of MMM.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
++  FCOM_DiverseGuardUnity.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_BobsGuardUnity.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  FCOM_HungersUnitySI.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
**  FCOM_Archery.esp  [Version 1.0]
2B  FCOM_ArcheryRealSwords.esp  [Version 1]
**  FCOM_FriendlierFactions.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
2C  FCOM_MoreRandomItems.esp  [Version 0.9.9]
++  Mart's Monster Mod - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.8b1]
2D  Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp  [Version 1.03]
2E  Morrowind_ob.esp
**  Morroblivion - Clothing Galore.esp  [Version 1.2]
++  ClothingReplacer.esp
2F  Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp  [Version 11]
30  Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp
31  Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp
32  Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp
33  Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp  [Version 1.1]
34  Morrowind_ob - Expanded Quests.esp  [Version 0.1]
35  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp
36  Morroblivion - Better Clothes Patch.esp
37  Morrowind_ob - Nerevarine Armor.esp
38  Idol of Mephala.esp
39  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
3A  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
3B  DLCFrostcrag.esp
**  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
3C  Knights.esp
3D  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
**  EVE_KnightsoftheNine.esp
3E  More Effective Enchantments Knights.esp
**  DLC_MOBS.esp  [Version 2.0]
++  FCOM_Knights.esp  [Version 0.9.9MB8b1]
3F  Roads of Cyrodiil.esp  [Version 1.0]
40  Better daedric shrines full.esp
41  Unique Landscapes.esp  [Version 2.1.0BC]
42  ULM ROC+Ancient Redwoods.esp  [Version 2]
43  ULM BetterDaedricShrinesFull-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 3.0]
44  ULM ROC+UL Skingrad Outskirts Patch.esp  [Version 2]
45  ULE MMMDungeons-CliffsOfAnvil patch.esp  [Version 1.0]
46  ULM OscurosOblivionOverhaul-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 2.1]
**  ULM OMOBS-UniqueLandscapes patch.esp  [Version 2]
47  ULM ROC+UL-II Patch.esp  [Version 2]
48  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]
++  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
++  Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
49  Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
4A  Better Dungeons.esp
4B  EVE_ShiveringIslesEasterEggs.esp
4C  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
4D  ATakesAll.esp
4E  Oblivion XP.esp
**  MOBSification of MODS.esp
4F  TD_Interiors.esp  [Version 1.1]
50  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
51  OCO v2 Balanced.esp
++  OCO_DLCHorseArmor_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCOrrery_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCMehrunesRazor_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCThievesDen_Patch.esp
++  OCO_KnightsOTN_Patch.esp
++  OCO_UOP_USIP_Patch.esp
**  morroblivion-OCO2-facelift.esp
++  OCO2-redguard-facelift.esp
52  MiniMap.esp
**  ROC Standard Road Record.esp
53  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
54  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_multiskill_trainerfix.esp
55  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Redoran_Hortator_QuestFixes.esp
56  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Telvanni_ArchMagister_hotfix.esp
57  2018-july-bloodmoon-fixes.esp  [Version 2]
58  2018-july-tribunal-fixes.esp
59  Ak- Morroblivion Maps HD.esp

Solved! I'll post if something else happens.

I did a clean boot, started in safe mode on Windows 10, uninstalled my antivirus, and nothing seemed to work.

What did work was uninstalling all Morroblivion-related mods except for the core files themselves, so:

1. Unofficial Patch gone

2. OCO2 Morroblivion + Redguards gone.

34  Morrowind_ob - Expanded Quests.esp  [Version 0.1]
35  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch.esp
36  Morroblivion - Better Clothes Patch.esp
37  Morrowind_ob - Nerevarine Armor.esp
38  Idol of Mephala.esp

54  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_multiskill_trainerfix.esp

55  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Redoran_Hortator_QuestFixes.esp
56  Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Telvanni_ArchMagister_hotfix.esp
57  2018-july-bloodmoon-fixes.esp  [Version 2]
58  2018-july-tribunal-fixes.esp
59  Ak- Morroblivion Maps HD.esp

I was then able to get load into the game with ENB working, 0.181, but my Bashed Patch was disabled, so I re-enabled Bashed Patch, but was still getting runtime error C++. Finally, I found out that was issue was Morroblivion Unofficial Patch. After having it last in my load order, and not part of the Bashed Patch anymore, it was still causing runtime error, and after deactivating it, with all other mods active, the game worked.

So for some reason, in short, the Unofficial Patch causes a visual C++ runtime error after about 5-6 hours of gameplay (not continuous) on my rig, regardless of if ENB is installed or not. This happens with the November 2017 version aswell.

I manually moved the voice files from Unofficial Morroblivion Patch into the correct folder, and they didn't seem to cause a crash, just as an fyi.

Edited by adrianoz

Hey there

What I mean is that after the time spent in the game (the time that shows ln each savefile) reaches somewhere around 5-6h, the game randomy CTD’s without error message, and when trying tl load a save, I get visual C++ runetime error on all saves foing back until I’m at about 4 hours played. Same thing happened in last playthrough.

This only happens with the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch activated.

Hey there

What I mean is that after the time spent in the game (the time that shows ln each savefile) reaches somewhere around 5-6h, the game randomy CTD’s without error message, and when trying tl load a save, I get visual C++ runetime error on all saves foing back until I’m at about 4 hours played. Same thing happened in last playthrough.

This only happens with the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch activated.

I see you are following the STEP guide. Which version of the Morroblivion Unofficial Patch are you using? Did you download it from the Morroblivion Overhaul Patch Central? Are you using the Morroblivion_Unofficial_Patch_Magic_Addon Replacement Patch-47791-1-0.7z that was created for use with the guide?

Hey,

I downloaded the version from the nexus site, on my first playthrough I used OBME and the magic addon replacement.esp, and got visual runtime error C++ after 5-6 hours of played.

On my second playthrough, I didn’t use OBME and the magic addon patch, only the unofficial patch.esp and the hotfixes.

After trying all kinds of combinations, no ENB, ENB, uninstalling antivirus, uninstalling all morroblivion mods, uninstalling hotfixes, the only thing that causes this error is the unofficial morroblivion patch, after deactivating it all errors disappear.

â€Microsoft Visual Runtime C++ Library

Error

D:/Program Files...

This application has requested to be terminated in an unusual way.

Please contact the application’s authors to solve the problem.â€

I experience the odd crashes, but they seem to be reproducible ones that others have had too:

Crash when saying Pay Gold to guards for bounty

Crash in Elven Nations Club during Morag Tong writ for Feruren Oran (used console after loading interior and picked â€kill†and setstage <questid> to advance

No others so far.

EDIT: I also tried using the older version of the unofficial patch from TESRenewal, and the updated version from TESRenewal, both caused runtime errors, and combinations of having them in different places in load order, inside/outside thr bashed patch, loaded last etc. Still caused runtime error.

Edited by adrianoz

Don’t know what any of the files do to be honest, all I noticed is that the.dds files that come with the unofficial patch have the same icon as DirectX, so I assume when the.esp is activated these files attempt some action involving DirectX and Visual C++ that Windows doesn’t like, or cause some kind of issue involving Oblivion, causing a CTD.

Ran into this a little while ago, hadn't had this issue before, happened during a fight with 2 atronarchs in an Ancestral Tomb near Khuul:

[005F3FE0] [WARNING] Storm Atronach doesn't have a casting animation.

Didn't crash, but the game froze so had to exit.

EDUT: Was a cave, Yesamsi

Edited by adrianoz

• 2 weeks later...

I have a list from DassiD's Guide: A modern Morrowind to test. I will be using ponyrider0's new mod exporter on a few of the mods listed in DassiD's guide. Mods that we can convert to Morroblivion will be included in the next revision. My plans are to get started on the new revision next month.

• +1 1

• 1 month later...