Morroblivion Overhaul

Diana_TES_GotH

Thanks, I installed 1.8b

I've taken the guide to the end of Morroblivion with Fixes and get a some popups when I start the game.

1) Morroblivion_Magic Fixes ERROR that is doesn't see the Magic-Extender (OBME) plugin and to restart.  I checked, and I do have it and it's 2 dlls. Can't figure this one out.

2) menuQue is not installed.  I have installed it, but likely not correctly? 

3) BSA archive missing.  I'm assuming I got this because I unpacked the  Morroblivion v064 Meshes & Textures? Is there a way to suppress the message, or just leave it and move along.

Thanks

1 & 2) OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) plugins are *.DLL files which go in the Oblivion\Data\OBSE\plugins directory.  Make sure the correct files are there -- they will not work if they are in Oblivion\Data.  *** do not move the obse*.dll files in your Oblivion main directory, those are not plugins, but the actual OBSE program itself. ****

3) To disable the "BSA missing" message, open the Morroblivion.ini file found at: Oblivion\Data\ini\Morroblivion.ini and find this line:

set MorroDefaultQuest.ErrorDetection to 1

Then change the 1 to a 0.

Edited by ponyrider0

GrantSP is correct. As much as I love MO, I choose to use Wrye Bash for my Oblivion setup because it is less complicated. I consistently ran into problems trying to install many of the mods using MO. Many of them had to be installed manually, which to me defeated the purpose of using MO for a clean Data folder with the VL system.

I'll get my final exam submitted at TESA in a day or two and try to get back on this guide. I still need to learn how to edit scripts, especially for a couple of the Overhual Mods I have selected to try out. I know there are other work-arounds to make the mods compatible, but I feel it would be better for me to learn the "ins and outs" of legitimately learning the whole process of mod creation. I want to learn how to properly create the needed patches for this guide specifically, and any future guides I plan to work on for the TESRenewal Projects (Skyblivion, and Skywind).

Edited by Diana_TES_GotH

If I was to put them in the oblivion directory data/obse/plugins/, can I make a subfolder in it for each mod that has dlls or do I have to put all the dlls straight in the plugins folder?

All of the .dll files should go into the plugins directory. If there is a deviation from that, I hope I have included it in the guide, if not the mod author's instructions should note it.

All of the .dll files should go into the plugins directory. If there is a deviation from that, I hope I have included it in the guide, if not the mod author's instructions should note it.

But are subfolder still ok in the plugins folder, to organizer them?

I believe the codes are set up to read specifically from the Data/OBSE/Plugins folder. You may have to tweak the files to make them run from a sub-directory. I organize my Docs files with folders specific to each plugin to keep them organized, but I have never deviated from the author's instructions on how to install their .dll or .ini files. 

I believe the codes are set up to read specifically from the Data/OBSE/Plugins folder. You may have to tweak the files to make them run from a sub-directory. I organize my Docs files with folders specific to each plugin to keep them organized, but I have never deviated from the author's instructions on how to install their .dll or .ini files. 

ok, thanks...I'm beginning to see why people use WB...

lol, lord...Actually install the mods and be amazed! Everything is working well now...I'm shocked it even ran at all without all the dlls! Removing mods is going to be a pain in the @ss....

Thanks for the help.  This is like frontier modding, no safety nets.

You can use MO to install the mods, it's just the OBSE plugins that need special attention. Since they reside in only one folder under \Data\ it is a very easy case to keep it clean. Mods cluttering that folder is always a no-no IMHO and that is where MO excels.

You can use MO to install the mods, it's just the OBSE plugins that need special attention. Since they reside in only one folder under \Data\ it is a very easy case to keep it clean. Mods cluttering that folder is always a no-no IMHO and that is where MO excels.

True, and I also like the ability to have different profiles. I just got so aggravated with the problems I ran into with a few mods. Working with JDSmith2816 I did learn that extracting the BSA's can reduce some of the problems I had previously experienced. I may try it again with my next installation.

lol, lord...Actually install the mods and be amazed! Everything is working well now...I'm shocked it even ran at all without all the dlls! Removing mods is going to be a pain in the @ss....

Thanks for the help.  This is like frontier modding, no safety nets.

Why would removing the mods be a pain? WB properly cleans the data folder.

Because I'm using mod organizer...

Should be ok though. I'll keep the plugins folder in MO for reference so I would know what dlls to remove.

On another note, I have never actually played morrowind but have played oblivion unmodded. Really looking forward to trying it with the guide.