I'm Back! And Skyrim Doesn't Start A New Game

Shadriss

Question

First, hey guys. I'm back - been real busy in RL with my current command and upcoming retirement, plus a bunch of other stuff. But I'm finally coming back to get lost in Skyrim again.

Apparently, it's pissed off at me, because it no workie workie.

So, specifics:

A) Since my last play-through, I've gotten a new system. I transferred all my mods from the old system to the new, reorganized them in MO, and updated them where needed.

B) Regenerated all patches (Bashed, TexGen, DynDOLOD, DSR) from scratch, just to be certain that there is no issue with those.

C) Started game... menu screen came up as expected, complete with wonderful spinning emblem.

D) Selected New Game. Nords grunt, hear a paper turning sound, and the emblem spins... and spins... and spins... while being serenaded by a Nord Choir about the glories of the Dovahkin.

I know this setup and lineup worked when I last ran it, and usually updates don't change the functionality enough to cause issues... and when they do, it's usually CTD, not Eternal Choir. So, yeah... new one on me.

Any thoughts on places to look for this error?

9 answers to this question

Solution Found:

Mod conflict. Specifically, LAL and an overhaul of the opening Helgen scene were fighting each other... which may explain the Nord singing, now that I think on it. The second mod updated since the last time I used it, and that update ended up causing the conflict. Warn Skyrim - I have returned. Again. For the Upteenth time. OK, maybe htey aren't so much warned as resigned...

Done, naturally - can't start it through MO without the registries being created, and that means a vanilla start w/o mods after download. You don't need to go further than the menu itself (or at least, I never needed to previous), so yeah... done.

Solution Found:

Mod conflict. Specifically, LAL and an overhaul of the opening Helgen scene were fighting each other... which may explain the Nord singing, now that I think on it. The second mod updated since the last time I used it, and that update ended up causing the conflict. Warn Skyrim - I have returned. Again. For the Upteenth time. OK, maybe htey aren't so much warned as resigned...

Glad to have you back!

Happy to see we're still here... though I had hoped there would be a new version on the guide by now. Dunno that I'll be as active as I was previous, Tech, as I'm working on the final phases of my USN retirement and have a LOT on my plate, but I'll still be in from time to time.

Happy to see we're still here... though I had hoped there would be a new version on the guide by now. Dunno that I'll be as active as I was previous, Tech, as I'm working on the final phases of my USN retirement and have a LOT on my plate, but I'll still be in from time to time.

Yeah, the Guide is a...well...subject with me currently. I could certain push out a few updates and new Guide with what we have now, but we're suppose to be having some new development happening.

Yes, we're moving to Mod Picker for our framework. We'll also be updating the forums and wiki. Finally, we'll be creating a new front-end. An actual website! This is where the Guide will be provided. Actually, much of the content that's on the wiki will be moved to the new website.

So I read. I take it then that all of your concerns will all addressed at some point - I'll be honest, the entire thread went into the TLDR category after the first page and a half. :)

Regardless of how this ends up going, I'll likely be along for the ride in some capacity. I'll be retiring from the USN in the next month or so and going back to school, so I may have more time than once I did to get involved a bit more. *shrug* We'll see.